3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
f
fre33e 26.11.21 11:17 pm

Strange line in Fallout4Prefs.ini (Fallout 4)

Digging in the ini file and found this line, what does it mean, what will happen if you change it to GeForce? I have a laptop.
sD3DDevice = "Intel (R) HD Graphics 4000"
16 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 26.11.21

fre33e
if you know how the entry with gifors will look like, try to change it.
but finally it is the old pains of this engine.

_
_Ozymandias_ 26.11.21

This is most likely your discrete graphics card. The game detects the video card itself and records. For optimal settings.

f
fre33e 26.11.21

God_666
, I have this Intel integrated, and my discrete one turns out to be my gifors, in the control panel there is a giofr on the follych, so I wonder why the intel is registered in the in-file.

_
_Ozymandias_ 26.11.21

fre33e
my 7660m and 7600g radios are not detected at all. Also from the laptop.

m
mooseyaka 26.11.21

in the management of visible maps, you need to add the launcher as a 3D application so that the launcher sees the geforce normally. After that, the launcher will write it for you in ini.

f
fre33e 26.11.21

mooseyaka
there is a launcher, I also found the same ini file, only in the folder with the game, there is generally no such line, but in the one that is in the documents.

C
CEMENTATOR 26.11.21

fre33e
You can do whatever you want, just don't forget to make backups. Hardly for every idea you have, there are those who have done it before. Although whether or not to cut all sorts of topics on the forum, this is certainly a master's business.

M
MunchkiN 616 26.11.21

fre33e
in the control panel on the follych there is a giofr, so I wonder why intel is registered in the in-file.
Because in the full-screen mode of the working, the intel graphics are working, then the game sees it. laptop problems ....

f
fre33e 26.11.21

MunchkiN 616
blah, and how to be now? to start the game in the window is not at all buzz ...
try to register the gifors there.

L
Lou Tenant 26.11.21

fre33e
If the game is running normally, then nothing needs to be changed. Problems of the Skyrim engine with the definition of a video card, nothing special, it should still work with a discrete one.

G
Grandshot 26.11.21

Yes, this line does not have any effect on the game at all. This is necessary purely to indicate the video card in the logs. You can even write "Voodoo 3DFX" there) The game will most likely change this line after the first launch.

To start the game in full screen, try pressing "Alt + Enter" when the menu loads.

M
MunchkiN 616 26.11.21

fre33e
intel 4xxx doesn't seem to support dx11, so if the game starts, it should be automatically transferred to the card with its support,
and in order to run it in full screen, you need to enter a resolution multiple to the desktop or it and put a couple like bfullscren = 1 in the config, which is 0 times by default not in full screen. and do not start the game through the laccher where the settings are to play, and so on, but immediately the ekze that starts the game.

V
Vladimir Platonov 26.11.21

How does MunchkiN 616 not support that?
for your sake, the laptop center looked .. it all runs DirectX: DirectX 11, Shader 5.0
xs, you can or not throw links here ..
Here
Spoilerhttp: //www.notebook-center.ru/video_356.html

M
MunchkiN 616 26.11.21

Vladimir Platonov
depends on the processor and there are several of them on the model of this 4xxx.
I have no support for 3230m shm5.0 in i5, because in place of shaders such nonsense shows and gives errors in any engines

V
Vladimir Platonov 26.11.21

MunchkiN 616
well xs ... to be honest ...
but it's so sad of course to have a scratch pc ((

m
mooseyaka 26.11.21

fre33e
Well, in order not to suffer, we came up with a window-frameless mode. Basically, nothing changes, there is no frame, the picture is on the whole monitor, if you run it with the monitor resolution, of course.

But I would do this: in order to properly start the support of the zeforce - remove the initiator from the docks, remove the reference to the launcher from the control panel with the handles for the hybrid video, add it again (the launcher) with the handles, then just start it.

In theory - it should be so. When there was a laptop with hybrid graphics and I played Skyrim on it, I did exactly that, the bundle was the same, the Intel current was 3500 and not 4000, and there was a similar problem.