3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Mrrack 27.11.21 10:41 pm

VATS, OD, rate of fire (Fallout 4)

The question is ripe.

Considering that the game does not really indulge us with numbers, someone can explain to me whether it is possible to see somewhere how much OD a particular weapon spends on a shot at VAST. And in general, I wonder what it is tied to. Certainly not the rate of fire.

It is clear that all this is being tested experimentally, but something tells me that there is a simpler solution.
11 Comments
Sort by:
A
ARM_SERJ 27.11.21

I usually rely on the type of weapon, pistols have more action points on self-made rifles less, machine guns and shotguns even less, etc.

M
Mrrack 27.11.21

ARM_SERJ
This is understandable.
I love walking with carbines. And I have already noticed many times that with the same caliber in VAST they fire a different number of shots. As already mentioned, the rate of fire does not affect this. Most likely, some other indicators affect, and perhaps not entirely obvious.
It will be necessary to try on several weapons to experiment with modules and count the number of shots.

s
scorg94 27.11.21

Mrrack
Precisely affects the sight: optics require a lot of AP, collimator and others much less.

F
Flow4Master 27.11.21

OD consumption is influenced by the weight of the weapon and the weight of its modifications, weapons and attachments are lighter - more shots per watt and vice versa, the amount of OD is the parameter of dexterity and the weight of armor and armor modifications. There are also some clothes, for example - 10% OD consumption or + 10% to the number of ODs. I also highly recommend a weapon that releases one extra. shot - for example, "guardian of the caretaker" - this extra. the shot does not consume AP. I also recommend installing lightweight modifications - let's say "lightweight barrel", "superlight" on gear, etc.

M
Mrrack 27.11.21

Flow4Master

Somewhere as I thought.
Okay, let's try experimenting. Let's count on standard weapons, and we'll add modules and see what changes. It is a pity, of course, that the numbers are nowhere to be seen. IMHO it would be useful if the amount of AP spent per shot was displayed somewhere and changes were visible when modifying the weapon. Maybe they'll make it a mod.

V
Vash_Stampede 27.11.21

There is a question. VATS stopped working, it stupidly does not turn on. Pirate game, played level 12 without such problems and everything worked. Are there any fixes?

M
Mrrack 27.11.21

There were no problems with the VATS. Pip-boy disappeared. It was treated either by zoning or passed by itself within a minute. In extreme cases, loading the last autosave.

B
Barsagar 27.11.21

Today I asked this question ... I checked 13 weapons of all sorts ... including the simplest smoothbore, with different receiver modifications ... the data is baffling (Weight, rate of fire - generally do not affect the campaign. For example, the simplest a smoothbore with a weight of 2.3 and a speed of 55 makes 6 shots for the entire strip of OD.A simpler barrel of 308 caliber (I don't remember, it is considered a pistol there, or a carbine already) with a weight of 4.9 and a speed of 3 fires 8 shots.

M
Mrrack 27.11.21

Barsagar
Also yesterday I was shaman near the machine. Since no specific figures are visible, and can only be assessed by the number of full shots in the VPBX, the situation is as follows.

1. The number of shots, or rather the number of ODs per shot, is tied to the type of weapon.
2. Accuracy greatly affects this indicator when modifying a specific barrel. (When making a sniper rifle from a carbine, installing a sniper stock and a sight, the number of shots is reduced, in my case, from 6 to 4.
3. Weight is a little affected, but not so critical.

I drew conclusions for myself.
But? in any case, I will save and check before the upgrade. In most cases, for me personally, an extra shot in the VPBX is preferable to + 20-30 accuracy. (And with the cheating / buggy McCready perk), you can generally score on accuracy) /
These are the pies.

G
GrazY_PitoN 27.11.21

VPBX and OD is a topic with a bunch of questions.
1) Sometimes the consumption of OD stupidly climbs beyond the strip of OD.
2) Let's say I have 205 OD and 6 shots back to back. I make 235 OD, there should still be a bit of OD and figs there are all exactly 6 and end-to-end.
3) The weight of the armor has absolutely no effect on the consumption of OD in VATS.
4) With all the same, I make 5 shots. I change my left synth hand to an optical synth hand of the same and oops is not enough for 5. From which one?
5) Zhivchik perks do not fit with clothes for regen OD (afterburner did not test chemistry)
6) When shooting through an obstacle and a perk, through shots ATTENTION damage is done 2 times less, although the probability of hitting the VATS remains

I
InKvIZzIToR 09.01.22

GrazY_PitoN
How to increase the number of ODs? I seem to have everything worked, but with "The Man Who Solves Problems" I can only make 3 shots at watts