3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Karnaj 27.11.21 11:35 pm

Time of Action (Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time)

In what historical period does the game take place?

In Warrior Within, and later in Two Thrones, it is shown that the Prince is from Babylon, which suggests that Persia is the Achaemenid empire, and the trilogy is set from the end of the 6th to the beginning of the 5th century BC. NS. There are no options.

But, given the later release of these games and the more or less medieval atmosphere of the first game, the time for it was originally intended to be different. Also in this game there is not a word about Babylon.

So the question is: who noticed any references to the historical period of the game?

I only remember the conversation about Rustam between the Prince and Farah in the baths. Rustam is a Persian hero, an analogue of the Greek Hercules. He is the main hero of the Shahnameh - the national epic of the Iranian peoples. "Shahnameh" is the name of the prose and poetic collections, the most significant of which (but not the only one) is the epic of Ferdowsi, written about 976-1011. Thus, it is impossible to accurately determine the time of action from this.

Your assumptions and references in the game to confirm them?
15 Comments
Sort by:
A
ALeXandeR Umbra 27.11.21

My longtime thoughts on this topic:

Yubisoft called the game about "medieval Persia". The Middle Ages is somewhere around 900 - 1300 AD, when Persia was already in decline. It reached its highest power around 600 BC, when Cyrus the Great began an aggressive campaign, which conquered the Turkish part, Syria, Egypt and a piece of Greece. And the Tower of Babel existed only until the 300s BC, when Alexander the Great ordered to destroy it. So consider when it all happened: BEFORE our era.

That is, between the 7th and 4th centuries BC. Until the 7th century, Persia was a hunted province of Media. After the death of Alexander the Great, Persia weakened, and then Rome came to everything else.

The epic about Rustam, also about Gilgamesh, Garshasp - rather legends passed down from mouth to mouth for a long time, until someone finally wrote them down as the words reached him. In principle, the same can be said about the Tales of 1000 and 1 Nights - a collection of oral traditions and legends.

I have many more thoughts on the prince's universe, I can share

K
Karnaj 27.11.21

To clarify a little: the

Middle Ages are somewhere around 900 - 1300 AD

476 - 1000 - Early Middle Ages

1000 - about 1500 The Classical Middle Ages in question. Yes, Persia was then in decline.

It reached its highest power around 600 BC, when Cyrus the Great began an aggressive campaign, which conquered the Turkish part, Syria, Egypt and a piece of Greece.

This is the Achaemenid empire, it existed in 550-330 BC. e, after which it was conquered by Alexander the Great. It was so huge that it had several capitals, one of which was Babylon. In addition, from one end of this state to the other, the "King's Road" (Kings Road) was carried out, along which the Prince rides, and immediately after that, he defeats two bosses in the same place (The Two Thrones game).

And the Tower of Babel existed only until the 300s BC, when Alexander the Great ordered to destroy it. So consider when it all happened: BEFORE our era.

You can)) The Tower of Babel was just a myth, in reality it was not! From Wikipedia:

"The legendary tower, to which the biblical tradition is dedicated, set forth in chapter 2 of" Noach "of the book of Genesis. According to this legend, after the Flood, humanity was represented by one people speaking the same language. From the east, people came to the land of Shinar (in the lower reaches of the Tigris and Euphrates), where they decided to build a city (Babylon) and a tower up to heaven in order to “make a name for themselves.” The construction of the tower was interrupted by God, who created new languages ​​for different people, because of which they ceased to understand each other, could not continue the construction of the city and the tower and scattered throughout the earth. Thus, the story of the Tower of Babel explains the emergence of different languages ​​after the Flood. "

That is why it is in the game and unfinished! And Babylon itself existed until the 300s BC. e., you correctly noted it.

Warrior Within also makes it clear that the Prince of Babylon:

1) The opening cutscene - Dahaka's pursuit of the Prince - takes place there.

2) entering the Garden Tower, the Prince says: "So Babylon is not the only place where the Hanging Gardens are ... Ours, at least, do not serve as a refuge for monsters"

3) One of the Prince's remarks in battle: "For Babylon!"

4) The place of action of the very last save "Babylon - Present"

From all of the above, it is clear that Persia is precisely the Achaemenid empire, but all of the above applies only to Warrior Within and The Two Thrones. I know that since the Trilogy of Sands is about one hero, then the time, in theory, is one. But as I said:

But, given the later release of these games and the clearly medieval atmosphere of the first game, the time for it was originally intended to be different. Also in this game there is not a word about Babylon.

So let's forget about Warrior Within and The Two Thrones and focus on Sands of Time. What references to the historical period are there specifically in this game?

The epic about Rustam, also about Gilgamesh, Garshasp - rather legends, passed on from mouth to mouth for a long time, until someone finally wrote them down as the words reached him. In principle, the same can be said about the Tales of 1000 and 1 Nights - a collection of oral traditions and legends.

I completely agree, there is no contradiction in our posts about Rustam)) I just said that this reference does not say anything about the time period of the game. And I didn’t seem to find any other references.

I still have a lot of thoughts about the prince's universe, I can share

If they are on the topic (historical period) - I will be very happy. If not on the topic - I will still be very happy, but won't it be offtopic?

A
ALeXandeR Umbra 27.11.21

1500 (yes even 1400) can already be considered a transitional stage in connection with new geographical and scientific discoveries, the same invention of firearms at the end of the 15th century. Considering that we have not seen, in principle, a single cannon (even the most wood-based samples) in TSoT, I strongly doubt that the game can be attributed to the period of the 15th century.

Still, it is necessary to take into account the presence of the following parts, since in any case, the story is sewn with only threads. And no matter how it seems that TSoT can be viewed as a separate product (what the ending has for it), there are still 2 and 3 parts of the trilogy. It was the trilogy that set the canons of the series, which they tried to follow when creating the series (4 parts) The Forgotten Sands.

Next, let's look at religion, although it is not mentioned in the game. Coupled with the very presence of Babylon and the Tower of Babel (no matter how mythical it is, it is present in the game), bas-reliefs and names, again we can come to the conclusion that this is Ancient Persia.

I do not see anything "more medieval" in TSoT, which would not be in the next two parts. The problem here (and the reason for such reflections) is the discrepancy between what we see in the game with real historical facts. Here we have catapults on an industrial scale, and trebuchets, and Greek triremes, the same Tower of Babel. Let's add the "mythical" gardens of Semiramis, which are also unknown, were there or not.

Okay, let's try to forget WW and TTT. If we consider that, strictly speaking, Babylon is not even mentioned anywhere in TSoT, then one can generally think about whether it is Achaemenids) But the prince said that his home is Siraph (the city of sailors). This city existed at least until the X century. The presence of catapults. What a wonderful city of Azad in the desert, to which you have to go through India, I will not say anything) And about the title of King, as it is clear that they decided not to bother with this corny) Shahraman, probably a modified Shahrivar, is a character in Zoarastrian myths.

Even having collected all the facts, it is difficult to say for sure. There are too many inconsistencies, and too many blunders on the part of the developers within the framework of one trilogy alone. If we take TSoT separately, then there are doubts that this is still some kind of Middle Ages, most likely early. But I would rather rip out of the prince's universe all the augmented versions and scenarios between TSoT and WW than cut WW and TTT out of the narrative. It must be remembered that first of all this is a game, albeit quite serious and of high quality. As a result, the developers themselves created the world of this game, its unique mixed era and their heroes.

Offtopic here you can not be afraid, the forum, to put it mildly, is abandoned)

K
Karnaj 27.11.21

1500 (yes even 1400) can already be considered a transitional stage in connection with new geographical and scientific discoveries, the same invention of firearms at the end of the 15th century. Considering that we have not seen, in principle, a single cannon (even the most wood-based samples) in TSoT, I strongly doubt that the game can be attributed to the period of the 15th century.

Quite right.

Still, it is necessary to take into account the presence of the following parts, since in any case, the story is sewn with only threads. And no matter how it seems that TSoT can be viewed as a separate product (what the ending has for it), there are still 2 and 3 parts of the trilogy. It was the trilogy that set the canons of the series, which they tried to follow when creating the series (4 parts) The Forgotten Sands.

This is also true, but then the conversation loses its meaning, because in 2 and 3 it is 100% clear which period it is.

Next, let's look at religion, although it is not mentioned in the game. Coupled with the very presence of Babylon and the Tower of Babel (no matter how mythical it is, it is present in the game), bas-reliefs and names, again we can come to the conclusion that this is Ancient Persia.

The fact that the Tower of Babel is a myth, I noted, only because in the previous post you wrote about it as a real structure, and so you are right. And that's exactly where Babylon is - there is ancient Persia, I don't argue)

Speaking of religion, interesting facts about India:

The title "Vizier" is purely Muslim, which may indicate that this is the period when India was ruled by Muslims, also the name "Fara" - Arabic, means "joy", "fun", "happiness". But these are all bloopers, if you remember that "Maharaja" is a purely Indian title.

With the vizier, everything is clear - this is a tribute and a reference to the Prince of Persia in 1989, where this title was not a blooper. There, the vizier even had a name - Jafar (by the way, the game was released 3 years before Disney's "Aladdin". Grand Vizier Jafar Barmakid is now probably turning over in his grave - only bad guys are called by his name)))

About Farah - just a mistake.

I do not see anything "more medieval" in TSoT, which would not be in the next two parts.

Simply, the fact is that in the following parts there is a reference to antiquity, but in this one it is not. Yes, and developed characterized the game as medieval, that's a mess. Well, and the titles of vizier and sultan to boot))

The problem here (and the reason for such reflections) is the discrepancy between what we see in the game with real historical facts. Here we have catapults on an industrial scale, and trebuchets, and Greek triremes, the same Tower of Babel. Let's add the "mythical" gardens of Semiramis, which are also unknown, were there or not.

Well, yes, but apart from the medieval trebuchet, these bloopers are insignificant. I personally remember Trebuchet only in the episode when they knock down the boat of the Prince and Kailina. Hanging Gardens (Gardens of Babylon - incorrect name) - at least semi-mythical))

Okay, let's try to forget WW and TTT. If you consider that, strictly speaking, Babylon is not even mentioned anywhere in TSoT, then you can even think about whether it is Achaemenids)

Here I am about it))

But the prince said that his home is Siraph (the city of sailors). This city existed at least until the X century.

So, so ... More details, please)) How could I miss this? When did he say that?

What a wonderful city Azad in the desert, to which you have to go through India, I will not say anything)

Purely fiction, but regions with such a name are found there, so they took the name.

And about the title King, as it is clear that they decided not to bother with this corny) Shahraman, probably a modified Shahrivar

Here it was decided not to bother igrodels, but historians)) In Russian, for similar purposes, the title "tsar" is used everywhere (the same Alexander the Great, for example). "Shahraman" meets at 1000 and 1 at night.

But I would rather rip out of the prince's universe all the augmented versions and scenarios between TSoT and WW than cut WW and TTT out of the narrative.

And I would have ripped them out (augmented versions, variants) anyway)) Cut out WW and TTT - in no case !!! All 3 games are Masterpiece!

It must be remembered that first of all this is a game, albeit quite serious and of high quality. As a result, the developers themselves created the world of this game, its unique mixed era and their heroes.

I never forgot)) It's just that the games are too good, so I asked if I missed some hint of the historical period of the game))

You can not be afraid of the offtopic here, the forum is abandoned to put it mildly)

We are trying to fix it))

A
ALeXandeR Umbra 27.11.21

Strictly speaking, literally until our time, Troy was considered a myth) They dug out the same) At the excavations of Babylon, several large-scale foundations of a square shape were found, however, without a hint of what once stood on them. If we consider that Herodotus described 7 wonders of the world and of them the pyramids that we see now have survived, it is difficult to erase from the wonders of the world, say, the hanging gardens (but who knows, maybe they planted in honor of Babylon))) and the Colossus of Rhodes, which is probably more mythical than the tower)

Trebuchet, even at the beginning of the TFS, bombed Malik's dacha)

About the Siraph: the prince talks about this when he gets into the soldiers' mess, if I remember correctly, then the enemies-generals meet for the first time. Thought a translation blooper. Played the English version - that's right, Siraph.

Just the game makers did not bother, since kings are a purely Western concept. In whatever period before the arrival of Islam the game took place, there would be kings. By the way, a weighty remark about the vizier and the sultans) By the way, I tried to "calculate" the location of Azad, on the way I found the real city of Azat, only now it is in Syria)) Shahraman and his brothers gave a good round) By the way, I will share my thoughts about the location of Azad.

Here are my speculations, do not beat, because I wrote this many years ago)

1) the general bewilderment is why the Prince in WW has an Amulet. Some try to explain this, they say, Farah left him at the end. BUT. If someone carefully watched the penultimate TSoT video, they noticed that when the prince descends and leans over Farah's body, he puts this Amulet in her hand.
In general, the developers themselves said in their interviews, videos and posted on the site information that Farah gave him the Amulet later, AFTER TSoT, within 7 years between the first and second parts.
When could this have happened? Considering the fact that all this time Dahaka was chasing the prince, it is not surprising that he returned to India, and there he saw Pharah.
And, most likely, something happened that led to the war between India and Persia. The last battle is shown in the video of the same name "Last battle". But we'll talk about it later.

Some do not agree, they say, this is a different Amulet, but the farin is so, a trinket.
Yes, in the final version of WW and TTT, the Amulet has a smooth convex shape with a crescent in the middle. And yet - the interface in WW looks like this Amulet. Between the cells with Sand there are flickering runes, which are also on the Amulet of Farah.
I tell you, this is the same Amulet. Still need a fact?
Good. At the beginning of TTT, the vizier says that they found a Dagger, Amulet, Staff on the Island with the Maharajah ...
Who at the end of TSoT survived? Only the Prince (with the Dagger), Pharah (with the Amulet) and the Vizier (with the Staff). Who else doubts that these Relics do not save from the Sand? And, of course, the guard who told the prince how to turn on the defensive system of the palace. But he eventually became the Sand Monster.
And one more fact in favor of the Amulet - when Farah left the Amulet to the prince and took the Dagger, the Sands did not infect the prince JUST DUE TO THE CLOSE LOCATION OF THE AMULET. Ask why the prince could not use it during the ascent to the Tower of Dawn? Do you think the prince cared about that? He needed to catch up with Faro. And in general, it would not be interesting at the end with all the abilities of Time, especially with such a super-mega-sword)) But seriously - the developers decided not to bother + give us a level of extreme.

2) some do not understand why the dagger ended up with the prince after he closed the hourglass. According to the logic of things, he should lie in the treasury of the Maharajah, and he suddenly ended up in the hands of the prince.
The explanation is simple: the Dagger, Amulet and Staff (all Relics of Time) remain with those who held them for the last time, with any return or change in Time. And most likely they remembered everything, at least the prince remembered everything that happened in Azad, and the vizier too, otherwise he would not have thought of going to Farah's chambers. Farah did not remember anything for one reason - she died ... The amulet returned to her because, I repeat, the prince put it in her palm. It turns out that there are no copies of these objects, they are ONE for all time and space.

3) this is still killing me ... Some people think that the WW opening cutscene, where the prince runs through Babylon, IS A DREAM. This is refuted by the following facts:
The main one is a series of videos A Precursor To Fate (it includes the trailers "Last battle", "All is lost" and "Dark road to redemption"). The first video is the battle of Persia vs India, the second is the end of this battle, where the prince walks across the battlefield with a horse. Sand creatures (the same as on the ship) begin to attack him. The third video (!!!) - the prince sits in the room and writes a letter, recalling the bloody battle and the appearance of the Sands. But then the fog rushes into the room, and the prince begins to scramble. Then there are shots of running through Babylon, the prince turns, removes the hood and strikes (all this is shown with a “first-person” view of Dahaka).
The next fact - the abrupt change of the frame to the ship does not mean that the prince dreamed about it, but simply shows what it was, and what he recalls is in thought. And then, the prince is not a horse to sleep))

There is also a trailer where the prince recalls the fight against the Raiders (Ryders), where he fights back to back with some guy, and at the end he is killed. This confirms, together with the attack of the Guardians (Keeper) on the prince in "All is Lost", that the Empress sent assassins to the prince in order to change her fate. Why PRESENT? What do you think? In general, it was necessary to send servants so that they would kill him at birth, so that he would not definitely go to the Island and return in Time.

4) some people are outraged that “the prince lost his sword on the ship twice”: when Shadi threw him directly into the side, and then when the trailer begins, where the prince is drowning with the sword. The most logical thing is that Shadi threw the sword behind him. Why do they drown almost "simultaneously"? Well, think for yourself: although a prince weighs more than a sword, but a person has air + a large surface area of ​​the body, which slows down the immersion, and the sword is solid metal with a relatively small area, so it will sink faster (in this case, "catch up" with the prince)

5) now everything related to the Sand Spirit:
More noticeable is that first we see that Dahaka kills the Spirit, and then, having become the Spirit, we substitute the "real" Prince under the tentacle. You know, I didn’t get it out of my head for a long time either, but then something came to an abrupt conclusion, and in general it was Dahaka’s merit. So let's see what Dahaka is in essence. He is the guardian of the Stream of Time, he makes sure that everyone meets their destiny. However, the prince violated some laws of the system and became an "alien body" that Dahaka had to destroy. However, curiously enough, Dahaka MUST start chasing the prince so that he travels back in time and kills the Empress, thereby trapping the Sand in the Clock (well, most of it). That is, he MUST go into the past, creating the cause of his destruction. But there is a chance: the Mask. Well, they put on a Mask, became a Spirit, and ran to change their fate. A general rendezvous took place in the central hall: in the first case, the Spirit was destroyed, and in the second, the prince. And more importantly: it happened in the PAST. Only two times does Dahaka appear in the past: in the library and in the central hall, but ONLY if the Spirit was nearby! It is precisely because of the Spirit that Dahak appeared in the past: The Spirit is also essentially a foreign body that needs to be erased, especially if this foreign body is SO LIKE with a similar one. In fact, Dahaka did not care who to take: the Spirit or the prince, because he knew that after all, someone would enter the throne room to kill the Empress. IT was important to him that at least someone killed her, which is why he left one alive in both cases. Why did he grab the "different" ones? Indeed, in fact, if Dahak took the "real" prince, then no one would find the Mask and there would be no Spirit. Only two times does Dahaka appear in the past: in the library and in the central hall, but ONLY if the Spirit was nearby! It is precisely because of the Spirit that Dahak appeared in the past: The Spirit is also essentially a foreign body that needs to be erased, especially if this foreign body is SO LIKE with a similar one. In fact, Dahaka did not care who to take: the Spirit or the prince, because he knew that after all, someone would enter the throne room to kill the Empress. IT was important to him that at least someone killed her, which is why he left one alive in both cases. Why did he grab the "different" ones? Indeed, in fact, if Dahak took the "real" prince, then no one would find the Mask and there would be no Spirit. Only two times does Dahaka appear in the past: in the library and in the central hall, but ONLY if the Spirit was nearby! It is precisely because of the Spirit that Dahak appeared in the past: The Spirit is also essentially a foreign body that needs to be erased, especially if this foreign body is SO LIKE with a similar one. In fact, Dahaka did not care who to take: the Spirit or the prince, because he knew that after all, someone would enter the throne room to kill the Empress. IT was important to him that at least someone killed her, which is why he left one alive in both cases. Why did he grab the "different" ones? Indeed, in fact, if Dahak took the "real" prince, then no one would find the Mask and there would be no Spirit. especially if the foreign body is SO LIKE with a similar one. In fact, Dahaka did not care who to take: the Spirit or the prince, because he knew that after all, someone would enter the throne room to kill the Empress. IT was important to him that at least someone killed her, which is why he left one alive in both cases. Why did he grab the "different" ones? Indeed, in fact, if Dahak took the "real" prince, then no one would find the Mask and there would be no Spirit. especially if the foreign body is SO LIKE with a similar one. In fact, Dahaka did not care who to take: the Spirit or the prince, because he knew that after all, someone would enter the throne room to kill the Empress. IT was important to him that at least someone killed her, which is why he left one alive in both cases. Why did he grab the "different" ones? Indeed, in fact, if Dahak took the "real" prince, then no one would find the Mask and there would be no Spirit.
This is explained by Mask: remember the story of the Maharaja's servant? He changed his fate by using the Mask, and took his place after his "real" was killed. Here it is most likely like this: he found the Mask and put it on for fun, thereby turning into a Spirit. Without knowing what was wrong with him, he began to examine the Island and then he saw: he was coming! Decides not to interfere and to take care of himself. He "real" enters the hall where the Mask was, but on those: she is not there! Why? Just like the Dagger, Amulet and Staff - they are ONE, and the Mask is ONE. Well, without checking anything, the "real" goes on, finds the Watch, wants to take it, but then they wet him. Suddenly the Spirit appears and extinguishes the enemy, rips off the Mask and takes the place of its dead double. Why so and not otherwise? Think how a servant would find the Clock, be killed, and then he would find the Mask? Is he a zombie?
Here's an analogy with the prince: in the Mask, he could do ANYTHING to change his fate before his double died.
In general, this is a very slippery question: it is not clear where the Amulet goes after Dahak took the "real" one. Logically, there is only one Amulet, but after the prince removes the Mask, it is clear that the Amulet is on him. The fact that the prince took off the Mask suggests that his double has been killed. Well, as we all know, Dahaka digests his victims without undressing them ... In short, let's say, Dahaka saw the Amulet, he thought, took it out, and then he soaked the prince, and the Amulet itself, according to some cosmic laws, flew into now Spirit, but a real prince.
Even in this situation, it is not very correct that when we put on the Mask, we still have the main weapon: after all, when we become a Spirit, it is clear that everything around is returning in time. The sword, since it fell, logically had to fly back to the prison ...

Errors:

1) in WW, monsters were afraid of water, and in TSoT they calmly gave us sparring in the pools. There was no room in TTT to do something like that. In the second part, it was shown that Sand ceases to act upon contact with water (even Sand Clouds do not remain). I think this applies to all monsters without exception, but at the beginning of WW, the ship is attacked during a storm, where it rained like buckets. Okay, the drops may not have caused much damage, but in the hold, before ejection, we see that the Guardian is standing right on the water. I think the developers just overlooked it. And in TSoT, the enemies walked on water simply because the developers had not thought about a sequel, where something like this would be, and they did not have time to "forbid" enemies to enter the water: a lot of battles took place in close proximity to water sources.

2) complementing the same moment on the ship: how could Shadi's trireme ram the prince's ship, if just a MINUTE ago they were put side by side? U-turn, maneuver, development of speed, and even a storm - it is impossible to carry out a ram in a minute. Of course, it is possible that there were two triremes, suspiciously similar to each other, however, after "ejection" from the hold, we find ourselves on our own ship, and on the right we see the nose of the trireme, although at the beginning of the battle we saw that there was a trireme on the same side, much longer the prince's ship, and the second could not come from this side without damaging the first.

3) in TTT, the prince lost a tattoo on his left shoulder, but a tattoo with lions appeared on his entire back and right arm. When did he manage to bring the first one out and make the second one? Kailina did her best? While we were sailing, teleported a tattoo machine from the future?
Although, an explanation has been found: the prince changed his fate: those 7 years of pursuit from Dahaki did not seem to exist, but during this time the prince became an army general, so he got this tattoo. And now, when everything has changed, it turns out that he did not become a general, there is no tattoo. And what the tattoo of tigers (lions) means - it remains to be wondered

6) at the end, the crown falls from nowhere. On Zervan during the battle it was not observed ...

7) the beginning of TSoT is not clear at all: "... on the way to Azad ... we went through India ..." You know, the sultans were only in Arab countries, and that was Persia ... PERSIA through INDIA to get where you need to go BACK? (in, I understand why Azad ... Azad-Back). Or was there a desert with sultans in Vietnam then?

Interesting Facts:

1) TSoT was developed almost twice as long as WW or TTT, the plot in the structure most likely did not change, but the methods and situations most likely underwent big changes:
Not in WW, but in TSoT, we had to fight the griffin
As a result, the griffin remained only in the TSoT version for GBA

2) there is a curious concept in the TTT art gallery
Definitely in the Azad market (by the way, it's also interesting: in reality there is a city called Azat) we had to tame this bull.

3) in some early interviews it was said that the griffin in TSoT had to be "teased" so that it raised its head, at that moment Farah had to shoot in the throat and thus end the life of this bird. Interestingly, in WW, in some moments the griffin raises its head and screams, and the throat remains not very protected. Apparently the model and behavior of the griffin remained from its alleged location in TSoT

4) in one of the early TSoT trailers, a fight with a tiger (well, or with someone from the feline family) was shown.
As a result, the tiger remained only in the GBA version.
Where do the tigers come from? And Shahraman brought them as a gift to the Sultan, they were just in the hall where the Clock was opened, and in the trailer, the battle took place in the main hall (well, where then the father was soaked)

5) in the initial version, it was possible to suck Sand even from birds!
However, the remnants of this remained: you can draw the Sand out of the scarabs too! To do this, you need to freeze it and beat it once. When he is on the floor, pull it out calmly. However, it happens that because of this, the game crashes with an error - apparently the developers did not fix something.

K
Karnaj 27.11.21

Yes, yes, Siraph just gives a more or less accurate idea of ​​the time of action:

1) Although Siraph existed until the X century, it is known primarily as a Sassanian port.

2) The game makes it clear that Persia is a large and powerful power. In the Middle Ages, only Persia of the Sassanids was such.

In addition, Prince of Persia (since 1989) is "based" on 1000 and 1 nights, one of the characters of which is King Shahraman, and Scheherazade tells her tales to the Sassanian shah Shahriyar (the shah is invented, but the dynasty is not). In general, under Persia at 1000 and 1 nights there is precisely the state of the Sassanids. And the time of action is the early Middle Ages, in fact, the time of origin is 1000 and 1 nights.

Thus, we are dealing with Sassanian Persia (224-651), there is no rigid binding, only hints.

And as for India, everything is more complicated:

1) It is also called a single state - India itself

2) Words from the trailer: "The King and his son has defeated the mighty empire"

As you can see, India is also a united and strong state, (we can assume that this the Gupta empire), but both of these leads are most likely due to the fact that, as you said, this is a game, not a historical reference.

Well, that's all)) Damn, if I had heard about Seraph, I probably would not have created this topic)))

Just the game developers did not bother

Probably, I did not quite clearly put myself. I meant that if the title of some ruler (most often ancient) is unknown or little known, then it is called the Russian title "tsar" (in Russian) or "King" (in English). For example, "Tsar Alexander the Great" although his title is "Basileus". Another example is the Hittite "kings". Although in those days neither Caesar (the "basis" of the word "king"), nor Charlemagne (the "basis" of the word "king") was born.

Although ...

Just the game makers did not bother, since kings are a purely Western concept. In whatever period before the arrival of Islam the game took place, there would be kings.

Maybe you meant that the localizers should have translated "King" as "King"? (which is, in principle, correct).

The city of Azad, closest to the scene, is in Afghanistan (quite acceptable) and is now part of, among other things, the Farah Province. Just a coincidence))

Now your speculations, left the numbering

1)
Some do not agree, they say, this is a different Amulet, and so farin, trinket

Even without your arguments, there is no reason to doubt that this is Farah's amulet. The relics of time do not lie anywhere and the Prince could not just find himself another. And it looks the same, only minor differences.

Ask why the prince could not use it during the ascent to the Tower of Dawn?

Because he couldn't. The amulet then only protected him from the sand and killed the sand monsters, as at the beginning of WW. The Amulet received the ability to manipulate time only after passing through the Portals on the Isle of Time.

the general bewilderment is why the prince in WW has an Amulet.

Let's forget about sequels again. The prince left the amulet next to Farah, rewound time, the amulet is with Farah, the Prince leaves without him, everything is fine, no questions asked. Most likely, this is what the developers intended at the beginning.

Now the sequel. In WW, the Prince has an amulet, although at the end of SoT Farah had it. What are the options?

1) Your option. The prince puts the amulet not in Farah's hand, but next to her hand. In principle, this does not really destroy your theory, since the amulet was very close to Farah.

2) The prince put down the amulet, and when he got up to pounce on the Vizier, he again took it. In the past, the amulet has doubled. Despite the fact that the camera moves away from the amulet at that moment, a closer look can make sure that the amulet remained on the floor.

3) Farah was not supposed to have an amulet around her neck at the end, since the developers "changed their minds" when creating WW. Thus, the presence of an amulet at Farah became a gaffe, although initially it was not.

4) The amulet split in two due to the fact that in the past it was with Farah, but before unwinding the last one was with the Prince (it doesn't matter where he put / put it to Farah, it's just a corpse). The dagger did not split in two, because with the help of it the unwinding was accomplished, therefore it is an exception.

Your version is very logical, but there is one caveat: the game does not show how the prince receives the amulet from Farah, there is no mention of this in the games. Farah is a very important character in the series, and the amulet is a very important artifact, so it is NOT ACCEPTABLE to just mention it outside the game (even if the developers did it). Therefore, I will choose one of the other options.

At the beginning of TTT, the vizier says that they found a Dagger, Amulet, Staff on the Island with the Maharajah ...

He does not speak about the amulet there, because the Prince had it. If he did, it would be iron proof of the possibility of a split.

2)

some do not understand why the dagger ended up with the prince after he closed the hourglass.

But we understand)) Plus to yours, in my opinion, I repeat, the Dagger did not split in two because with the help of it the unwinding was accomplished, therefore it is an exception.

And most likely they remembered everything

Only the one who unwinds remembers . Pharah didn't remember anything anyway. If the vizier remembered, then he would have woken up at the same time as Pharah and the Prince and would have pinned himself into the bedroom immediately, and not after the Prince finished his many hours of "fairy tale". I understand that he has consumption, but not to the same extent) Most likely, he was just passing by, or he has a keen hearing.

In addition, none of his remarks say that he remembers:

"I had a vision: a Persian soldier, hungry for glory, burst into the princess's chambers and was killed by me."

It is not known whether his vision is true or false, but in any case it is wrong, and the prince saw only visions coming true.

“I had a vision: a Persian soldier hungry for glory burst into the princess’s chambers and was killed by me.”

This is more difficult. Throughout the game, the prince mentions his thirst for honor and glory, but in the presence of the vizier - only once, when he shows his father a dagger. Here, rather, the vizier himself guessed, in addition, this remark is an excellent plot move. In any case, a weak argument.

"Do you have words that you would like me to convey to the princess before I kill her? Maybe words of love?"

Yes, he saw the prince kill over Farah's body, so what? Even the first sentence is a clear mockery, what can we say about the second? In addition, he sees the prince sneaking into Farah's chambers, there are few options here.

"I could become ... immortal" (last words)

To know this, you do not need to remember what the prince rewound. He already knows his plan, has already concluded an agreement with the prince's father, and then the prince appeared and fucked him up. No wonder he said that.

3)
First of all - great trailer watching! I didn’t know this sequence, because I hadn’t seen “All is lost” and “Dark road to redemption” before

Chasing the Prince in Babylon - in my opinion, the last trailer before the start of the game. I think so only because the Prince knocked on the door, they didn't open him, he turned around, took out his swords and ... in fact, there should be an inscription "Game Over". HOW HAS HE SAVED FROM DAHAKI ???

Also, in my opinion, the events in Babylon during the alternate ending are a trailer for TTT, since the Dark Prince cannot be there at that moment, instead of him there should be the Vizier.

5) Sand spirit. Well, there is not much to argue with, everything is correct, you just went deeply (which is not at all bad), when everything is already clearly presented by the developers in this matter. I will highlight only 2 obvious things: It

was precisely because of the Spirit that Dahak appeared in the past and Dahak did not care who to take.

to go back in time and kill the Empress

Poor Prince (He was used))

Errors:

1) The difference between the enemies of SoT and WW is - in the first case, these are people swallowed by the sands (zombies), and in the second, intelligent beings (they can speak and the lines are quite appropriate) created on the Isle of Time. Therefore, the difference is about water. In TTT, the enemies are something in between - intelligent, but absorbed (like the Prince), it would be interesting to see their attitude to water)) As for the enemy in the hold - yes, they overlooked. Well, or did he have waterproof boots, after all, in the end, the stream of water did kill him)))

3) Is the tattoo visible until under his clothes, that is, before being infected with sand? I’m thinking, maybe this is also an imprint of the Dark Prince, like the glowing left hand? Like, one hand is yellow, the other is black, that's all the colors of the Dark Prince!

4) The opposition to the Dark Prince before the awakening of Pharaoh takes place in the Prince's head, anything could appear there, not only a crown (which symbolizes power).

5) Azad. As I said, in Afghanistan there is Azad, and in India there is the Thar desert, but you still have to go from Persia through Azad to India, and not vice versa, you are right about the Sultan, he is out of place.

Interesting facts:

1) Moreover, one of the music from the soundtrack is called "Attack of the Sand Griffins"

3) By the way, the Griffin is the only boss that the Prince meets as a Sand Spirit. To be honest, in the guise of an ordinary Prince, I would have passed him fig (at least on hard).

A
ALeXandeR Umbra 27.11.21

Well, yes, I was talking about the translation) In general, our localizers leave much to be desired // Every year I am convinced of this

Yes, I created a topic for a reason)) It's so nice to see a person who is knowledgeable in the history and universe of the Prince of Persia series)

For all logical reasons, Amulet, like any relic of Time, it cannot be bifurcated) In general, the concept of the prince's universe in terms of time manipulation is good because, with rare exceptions, it has no paradoxes at all, since the characters do not return in time by a "jerk", but rewind or speed up time around them (even in the case of portals), thus, if not for the Mask, any possible mistake would be completely ruled out.

Yes, I misprinted a quote about the Amulet-Staff-Dagger a long time ago, thanks for the amendment)

I agree that, unfortunately, we are not shown the moment of the transfer of the Amulet. Although, considering that 7 years have passed, the developers would have had to fill these 7 years with events, so to speak, in a non-game way. Fragmentary moments before the release of WW - A Precursor to Fate trailer series, which includes The Final Battle video.

Returning to the Amulet and receiving it. Unfortunately, both alternatives of the development of events of those 7 years: the NDS game Battles of Prince of Persia and 3 of 4 games in The Forgotten Sands series, do not give an answer. Although, judging by the early concepts of TFS, they wanted to tell us about this ... The concepts showed the prince in India, the "talking" art are:
1) The prince is in shackles in prison
2) the old man in red
3) The headlight goes to whose something to the throne (pre. Maharaja), clutching a dagger behind his back
Unfortunately, none of this was eventually implemented ///

About the escape from Dahaka in Babylon:
There is one taunt;) Dahaka had no right to kill the prince until the right moment. I explain.
Dahaki's task, as I already wrote, is to control the Stream of Time, not allowing it to bend, there should be no paradoxes and what should happen will happen. Dahaka wants to kill the prince, pursues him, corners him in Babylon. I ate it. Annihilated. Erased as an intruder. Well, his "work" is done, satisfied and well-fed Dahaka dissolves in space-time. No one floats to the island and climbs there on all sorts of basements and towers, does not exterminate the local population and ... does not kill the Empress! Hmm, okay, what do we get from this? Kailina continues to live-exist for herself, since she is immortal, suppose, in the end, no one kills her, and she sits on her island ... The hourglass is empty, Sand from Kailina has not passed into the Clock. Then the following conclusion comes out of all this: if Dahaka eats the prince, thus the line of events is violated, leading the prince to disrupt the Stream of Time. Then Dahak does not run after the prince and does not eat him ... And this is a paradox! Dahaki's work? Eliminate paradoxes. Conclusion: Dahak HUNTED the prince to the Island, so that he would kill Kailina in order to close the chain of events. And then you can eat) And in Babylon, Dahak gave the prince a head start, judging by the acrobatic abilities of our hero, it costs him nothing to jump over this door.

Errors:
1) Well, not water, but a ram of triremes)
3) Hmmm, I really doubt that this is a trace of infection, since there is a fairly clear picture. Moreover, the tattoo disappeared from the arm.
4) The headlight also heard the sound of a falling crown) Or it was already in the subconscious. Here xs and show-off)

K
Karnaj 27.11.21

About localization: the voice acting is good, as is the idea of ​​voice-over translation, but the translation itself is disgusting. Having played, as I did, first in the original, and then in the localization, you go nuts already at the place where he calls his father Farah, I am silent about Farah's conversation with the vizier at the end of the game. The "translation" of the last words of the vizier is generally hilarious)) Is it really so difficult to translate and not push phrases away from you?

"I had a vision: a Persian soldier, eager for fame burst into the princess's chambers and was killed by me"

is not known, his vision is true or false, but in any case it is incorrect, and the prince saw only self-fulfilling vision.

I wrote all this in vain, he did not speak of the original about the vision, he simply said "What an outlandish story, I have a shorter version: a Persian soldier,

Yes, I created a theme for a reason)) It's so nice to see a person who is versed in the history and universe of the Prince of Persia series)

Mutually) And I didn't say that I created it in vain)) The Sands of Time Trilogy is my favorite game. In general, of all)) And Prince of Persia 1989 is the first game that I played on a PC) in a

non-game way. Fragmentary moments before the release of WW - A Precursor to Fate trailer series, which includes The Final Battle video.

But this event, again, is too important for a non-playable character. And yet ... Maybe I misunderstood, but if you think trailers are "non-fiction", then I don't think so. They are part of the game.

The NDS game Battles of Prince of Persia and 3 of the 4 games in The Forgotten Sands series give no answer.

In any case, the NDS game is completely left-wing, it is a game of a completely different genre with the characters of the Trilogy glued to it. You shouldn't take it seriously. Does TFS have 4 versions? I only know 3. The fourth - a mobile toy in Java or what?

Although, judging by the early TFS concepts, they wanted to tell us about this ...

Do you know, by chance, where you can find these concepts? I just don't really like this game, haven't watched either early or late concepts, I can't figure it out ...

And yet, I did not like TFS on PC mainly due to the fact that in fact this is a different story about another Prince, you can play it without knowing anything about the trilogy. There is not a single reference to the trilogy, only two remarks from the Prince, he himself believed ("this reminds me of Azad ... it also reminds me of Azad" and "and why in such situations I am constantly commanded by women? First Farah, now this one!" ). So, if you played 3 other versions, please tell me, is there the same situation? I understand the answer is obvious, but hope is the last to die?

Escape from Dahaka in Babylon

So he personally had no complaints about the Prince, and on the Island he chased and tried to kill him only because he knew that there were two Princes running around the Island? This makes you take a fresh look at the plot ... If this is true, then Dahak is a decent bastard, not a decent guard! Why was the Prince to drive to the island, he would have killed Kailina instead of the prince, he did the same with the Crowmaster!

Errors:
1) As if before the trireme hit him, water gushed on him, and that's dead)
3) Hmmm, I really doubt that this is a trace of infection, since there is a fairly clear picture. Moreover, the tattoo disappeared from the arm.

About doubts is just my guess. Are you talking about the tattoo from WW? So this is a tattoo of one of the developers, I changed my mind and removed it) In general, these are small details of the concept, they do not have to overlap with the plot. For example, in SoT, the Prince, as Farah noticed, has green eyes, in the rest - blue. In TTT, the Prince changed the scar left by Shadi, slightly plumped his cheeks (without running, Dahaki got fat, apparently), and other hair textures (LOREAL). But how they turned him into Jake Gyllenhaal in the Wii version of TFS and some cheap porn actor in the PC version of TFS - that's disgusting!

4) Well, she turned her head right after the Prince and asked: "What happened?" We will assume that she has an awesome reaction, there are enough blunders in the game to add this one to them))) Well, and / or it was already in the subconscious. Here xs and show-off)

A
ALeXandeR Umbra 27.11.21

By "non-fiction" ethisode I meant that we ourselves do not play there, but we look at everything like in a movie. For this reason, many people simply do not know about these trailers. And so I also consider them part of the game)

Whatever "Left" Battles of PoP is, its events fit well with what was seen in the Precursor to Fate trailers.
The TFS version:
1) PC, PS3, X-box360
2) the Wii
3) the PSP
4) NDS (here about this garbage should zabytkak a nightmare, as it is a "continuation" of TTT ...)

Concepts somehow lay in in the near future

Well, in TFS there were still references like a huge TSoT symbol, I don't remember at what point. But in general, yes, the game only sometimes suggests that this is the story of a prince, again, it reminds me badly of it.

The PSP version is a two-dimensional toy a la 1989, well-tuned for PSP control, the plot is average in meaning, but the game provides additional information about the game's universe. So it finally becomes clear what kind of meta it is in TSoT, where fountains with water stood - the World of Etheric Fire (or simply the Etheric World).
All in all, here are my notes on this game:
in whose veins royal blood flows. Since then, Aihud has sent his assassin to hunt down and kill the royals over and over again. Finally, he overtakes the prince's family. It is not specified who he killed, but that was enough for the prince. One day, from the window of the chambers, he sees a light beckoning him in the distance and escapes from the palace, heading for the desert. This light was Hele, she has no form in this world, therefore she is forced to be such a beam of light. She tells the prince about the prophecy and who is responsible for the misfortune on his family. So they hit the road. Several times the prince ends up in the Ethereal world, where he saves all the remaining sisters from captivity and impotence. Each time he (more precisely, Helem) receives a new power, there are only 2 of them: the acceleration of time (it is used in few places, but there are jets of sand beating from the walls and the ground - they can be accelerated, and then they can lift the prince above the ground or break through unreliable walls) and stop (freezing enemies, the same sand streams, traps ...). In the end, the prince kills the killer, and at the very end closes the source of the Elixir that fed Aihud, and then kills him with the help of all the sisters. In the end, the prince wakes up in the desert and sees a mountain range in front of him, where he is heading (I could be wrong, but it looks damn like mountains in one of the videos of the main TFS game) "

The Wii version is in the first place in terms of its seriousness in terms of attitude to gameplay and preservation of the traditions of the game, it is excellent in many respects. And it is in her that the good old prince is recognized, albeit in a very simple situation)
Again, notes on this game:
"funny Wii spoiler: the
prince is accompanied by the genie Zara, but the prince, either for fun or on purpose, calls her Ginny. And here she is once again:
- Perhaps you will finally call me by name, and I will call you by name?
- It is not so official. Let's be so: Ginny and the Prince

In search of unheard-of riches, the prince sets off on a journey with the genie , which he acquired at the bazaar.

The prince, cutting through the thickets, scolds the genie-girl: “I wished my own kingdom! I wished for a beautiful princess! I wished to command death itself! And where is it all ?! " - "Calm down, my prince, your kingdom is right ... here"
The prince was already delighted, turns his head where shown, and squeezed out in frustration: "There is nothing here, Ginny ...". Zara, apparently, rolling her eyes, flies up to the statue not far away and, as it were, takes possession of it, saying: "Oh, I forgot what mortals have bad eyesight ... Kiss this statue." The prince hesitated a little, but still kissed. After a flash and a shot that looks like an upgrade from WW, the prince feels a huge surge of energy, and Zara, chuckling, says: “Now our connection is strengthened. Now you can see what I see ”- indeed, one wall of the gorge has disappeared, and there is an arch. The prince moved there and sees the palace. He descends into the depths of the gorge and reads the inscription on one of the walls: "Whoever can save my daughter and the palace will get both of them." The prince was a little dazed by this, while Zara fainted: “Well, you mortals! Unhappy even when you get what you want! Sometimes you have to fight for what you want. " Nearby was a statue with a sword (by the way, it looks almost like the Dagger of Time, the element of Soul Rever is partially added)) in the chest. The prince takes out his sword, Zara does not even have time to warn him. The statue thaws and the effeminate creature is carried away somewhere. It was Haoma. Zara explains that she was once a magician who cursed these lands and the only way to defeat evil is with this sword. But then a monster with a barely guessed human form appears, attacks the prince with the words: “Go away !! These are my lands! " - and gets a new weapon right in the belly, after which he pushes the prince away and the sword breaks, the blade remains in the carcass of the monster. The monster flees, Zara would definitely faint if she could, and they follow the monster's trail. the element of SoulRever is partially added)) in the chest. The prince takes out his sword, Zara does not even have time to warn him. The statue thaws and the effeminate creature is carried away somewhere. It was Haoma. Zara explains that she was once a magician who cursed these lands and the only way to defeat evil is with this sword. But then a monster with a barely guessed human form appears, attacks the prince with the words: “Go away !! These are my lands! " - and gets a new weapon right in the belly, after which he pushes the prince away and the sword breaks, the blade remains in the carcass of the monster. The monster flees, Zara would definitely faint if she could, and they follow the monster's trail. the element of SoulRever is partially added)) in the chest. The prince takes out his sword, Zara does not even have time to warn him. The statue thaws and the effeminate creature is carried away somewhere. It was Haoma. Zara explains that she was once a magician who cursed these lands and the only way to defeat evil is with this sword. But then a monster with a barely guessed human form appears, attacks the prince with the words: “Go away !! These are my lands! " - and gets a new weapon right in the belly, after which he pushes the prince away and the sword breaks, the blade remains in the carcass of the monster. The monster flees, Zara would definitely faint if she could, and they follow the monster's trail. that she was once a magician who cursed these lands and the only way to defeat evil is with this sword. But then a monster with a barely guessed human form appears, attacks the prince with the words: “Go away !! These are my lands! " - and gets a new weapon right in the belly, after which he pushes the prince away and the sword breaks, the blade remains in the carcass of the monster. The monster flees, Zara would definitely faint if she could, and they follow the monster's trail. that she was once a magician who cursed these lands and the only way to defeat evil is with this sword. But then a monster with a barely guessed human form appears, attacks the prince with the words: “Go away !! These are my lands! " - and gets a new weapon right in the belly, after which he pushes the prince away and the sword breaks, the blade remains in the carcass of the monster. The monster flees, Zara would definitely faint if she could, and they follow the monster's trail.
The first magic power (as opposed to "rewind", which is just a resurrection or a close checkpoint) is the creation of a magic ring on a slab on the wall. Along the way, Zara explains that this palace was not built by humans or for humans, but by forces that no longer dwell in the mortal world.

My own comment: the game is mechanically almost an exact copy of our favorite trilogy, there is a small admixture of PoR 2008, but such that it does not prevent you from really enjoying the old gameplay, although the controls on the emulator are not so hot. But what cannot be taken away from the game is a common sense of humor with all these jokes that the prince and Zara let go to each other. And how do you like breaking the nose of a huge statue as a parody of the Sphinx?)
Of course, the bosses and QTEs are wild for the mouse, but passable, it's good at least you can save whenever you want

The second magical power is the creation of a vortex above a certain plate, which allows one to rise to a certain height upward. The third power is the ability to use all the previous forces everywhere - without plates. There are also places similar to upgrades from TSoT - only they provide an additional "return" cell.

On the way I found a "Retro bottle" - in the form of a blue jug from the very first prince. But health was not killed, and the costume of the Prince of the Sands was opened)) The costume is exactly the same as in TSoT)) although…. He looked closely to understand why the scabbard for the Dagger was on his right, but it turned out that the suit was simply inverted, the sword behind his back was now being put in the opposite direction) It's a pity that the face is a mask, can't move his lips in dialogues ... Oh, and here main symbol TSoT)

Finally they caught up with that miracle Yudo, in whose stomach the blade of the cherished sword remained. After the victory, the dying monster says that he used to be the last sultan of this palace (Izdahar) and asks to save his daughter, Nazrin. Another power - a magic sphere, can be activated in a jump - then the prince hangs as much as he wants in the air, he can turn around and jump where necessary, and also in this way you can not break into a cake.

In the process of obtaining upgrades, I noticed that this ethereal world is ... above the moon) The month is visible somewhere below) Oh, yes, the maximum number of return cells eventually became equal to 6) further upgrades increase the health bar.

To restore the blade and defeat Haom with it, the company goes to the Sanctuary, where, if you activate a special statue and crystals, the heroes are transported to the etheric world, which sometimes causes various kinds of walls, gratings to disappear ... In the sanctuary there are 4 statues of gods, they have different faces and places of the body: a swan, a bull, a man and a woman with wings (the prince so persistently kissed her statues for so long ...). In the etheric world, all the statues have disappeared, many different crystals have appeared and another statue (guard) is a puzzle. It opens the way to the Trials: the first is the trial of the swan (Kanedzh, the Harbinger of the Gods), the second is the men (Tistria, the god of the seas) and it FUCKLY looks like a hall with an hourglass from WW! But all this, as Zara said, is at the bottom of the sea ... The design of this level is simply the best! The third is the bull (Mach, the deity of the Moon), the level is nuu, somewhere in space, either in the orbit of the Sun, or over some other star ... “What is it !? No earth, no sky! There is nothing at all! And who is it? Is this ... Is this Mach ?! " - I quote the prince's indignation. The latter is a woman (Zam-Armatay, the deity of the earth). At the end of the tests, a sphere of light appears in the hall of the sanctuary, Zara orders to put the fragments of the sword there. The sword is restored, the prince takes it as the main one, Zara is delighted, confesses to the prince, perhaps not in love.
Last fight. It turns out that that flying, effeminate creature is not Haoma at all - Haoma is something like a huge plant that filled the entire palace. Haoma's heart is a giant bud, which must be hit. That flying lady was only a small part of this organism and was once a princess. After the blade remained deep in the core of the bud, the princess regains her appearance, but a vine wraps around her legs and tries to drag her into the abyss, the prince, according to the laws of the genre, is trying to pull her out, a scene very familiar from TSoT times, the princess is already screaming for him threw it, but Zara finds a way out - it seems to move into the body of the prince, which gives him strength, he pulls the princess closer, says the phrase: "I give you my immortal spirit" - and kisses. More precisely, Zara speaks for him. In a flash of light, the princess turns into a light blue color (the prince also shone when he kissed statues or received upgrades) and falls. The prince runs away from the crumbling palace, performing a leap of faith twice, jumping into the sand whirlpool, Zara transports him to the ethereal world in the form of a blue spirit (this is the same world as the TSoT upgrades, only there are still palaces ...). “Stay with me! Remember! Remember! " - comes the voice of Zara. The prince turns out to be unrealistically jumping (no joke, 20 meters from a place to jump), there the prince finds Flame (hello, The Shadow and the Flame!), Zara places him there, he flies up, away from the sand whirlpool, but something goes wrong and he falls again, and finds himself again in this world. Take two ... take three ... The prince no longer remembers who he is ... For the third time, the prince breaks out ... not far from the statue that he kissed in the beginning. By the way, he broke it on departure. The last sparks melt in the air ... "ZARAAAAAAAAA !!!" The prince falls to his knees, picking up the shard of the statue's face.
“This is the true story. When the walls of Izdahar swallowed up the sands, fate parted us. And I knew that one day he would come for me. And on this day I will meet my prince again. " The prince leaves a splinter of his face in the sand and goes into the desert.

I forget to tell you about his glove - this is his penetrating weapon, breaks blocks and shields, looks very stylish) Looks ... hard to say how, it looks like a wrist piece of armor for archers from TTT. "

NDS version .... I would like to remain silent, but I will tell you and send my notes on it. It's like a continuation of TTT, only here the "plot" and "gameplay" are exactly what is in quotation marks. Against this background, any other bad game in the series (Battles of PoP, PoP 3D, TFS (PC, ...)) becomes in the eyes of the player the masterpieces of a fluid technical generation! If there was a choice of which game from the created in the Prince's series to cut and erase from space-time, I would not hesitate about this game.
Here are the notes, I apologize, I wrote under emotions ... There is no other way ...
because there is a tremendous power, and only he can take it out of the stone (uh-huh, isn't it palatable to plagiarize?). To celebrate the new toy, the prince turns around and was about to drown in quicksand, when suddenly time turns back, he plops to the fifth point, looks at the blade like a snork on an airship, Razia explains that this is her last remaining strength - commanding death. Oh-pa! “Greeting, stranger! What are you buying? ”) Seriously, the prince finds a merchant. Moreover, they seem to know each other. And on the counter there are arte ... ugh, some things, but the affinity with Stalker's artifacts is obvious) According to Razi, they are in the dungeons of an ancient temple in India, and the adherents needed royal blood for the ritual. The prince did not remember that he was a prince, but still believed Razia. The ritual was needed to resurrect the cult leader, in this they have succeeded, but they themselves have acquired a "new form." Razia also suffered during the ritual, now you need to find three adepts who have particles of Razia's power.

And now about the game itself - a clone of The Fallen King, and a rarely nasty and dull one. At least there was some kind of plot, here it is for show, in fact, like the gameplay.

Ghoul is the first Guardian to be infected by the Sands. Before the battle with him there was a level where his paws grabbed the prince from holes about the diameter of a metro tunnel. And the boss himself ... mmmm, a huge gorilla with a goat's face and Dahaki's golden horns, so it will be more accurate. After Razia's victory, magic returns him a little memory. The next keeper is ... in Persepolis! Well, well, they stomp for a long time ...

Persepolis - the ruins of a city with mutated people. There, the prince is saved in the most nasty situation ... a horse ... generally looks like a prince with a swollen head rushing on a horse that is hardly his height ... The second boss is a huge statue ... It looks only outwardly not like that son of Dakhakich from a gorilla, but so in fact the same as this offspring ... After the victory Razia again tries to restore the memory of the prince and he sees ... O_o DAHAKA, CAPTURING KAYLINA! ???! o_O

So, everyone, washed, shook themselves - Nintendo's mind cannot be understood ... Again the hero on a black horse, breaking the darkness of the night hanging over Persia ... In short, a new city, the so-called Holy City (with ziggurat), where the ancients worshiped the sun, moon and sand. In general, apparently, this is the first resort town. Oh, finally humor! “Well, it’s not my fault that I’m not thousands of years old, I’m omniscient, imprisoned in a sword and only do what I command” - “I’m only FIFTEEN HUNDREDS! And you better listen to the wisdom that I managed to learn "

Well, well ... a statue of Atlanta ... From India to Persepolis, it's okay, but to Greece !? Boss # 3. Half a devil in rags, being in meditation ... A new vision - echoes of that very ritual, and the last part of memories. They said something about the path of true love ... And again! Hey, get out of the way enemy! Tremble the villain - he-and-dies! Hey gay, a thousand devils!
Razia is shocked to see Babylon for the first time ... in ruins. As for the dialogue, I just want to quote: "The clouds are gathering over Isengrad!" Well, and a new ability to control the sand creatures ...

He is the punishing hand of this city! His black horse terrifies the passing chariots! It rushes through gimbals and fire!

Ahem-ahem ... So, having bought the most expensive robe from a merchant, we start climbing the tower ... The last boss - well, nothing special, the boss is like a boss ... At the end he explodes, Razia, looking the prince in the eyes for the last time, dissolves into the air, the prince throws the sword from the tower, it sticks into the sand and turns into it, the prince, having already lost his brand new robe and being completely topless, turns around and walks away. "

About the Crowmaster - another confirmation) Dahake may have saved the prince at that moment, who knows how that fight would have ended. And then there is a guaranteed passage further. I think Dahak himself did not kill Kailina, because it would be too rude interference, and why, if there is a prince) On the Island of Dahak he killed the Spirit / Prince as part of another "criminal case", but the chase in Babylon is exactly a corral prince on the Island ... And then you can eat when Kailine leans back)

This is the tattoo of Godsmack drummer) Of course, he may have forbidden to continue using his tattoo in the game, maybe the "contract" has dried up ...
I agree, these are details, but too catchy. By the way, in the Wii version of TFS, the prince looks very normal, except that his eyes are a little "blown out". By the way, the events of the Wii version take place a year or two after the events of TSoT and are the first chronologically in the TFS series

K
Karnaj 27.11.21

Regardless of the "Left" Battles of PoP, its events fit well with those seen in the Precursor to Fate trailers.

And this is her only excuse, and a very weak one. The fact that this is a game of a completely different genre with the characters of the Trilogy glued to it is also confirmed by the fact that the Vizier is there, although then he had already died and had not yet been resurrected (the events of the game take place between SoT and WW). And yet - there are like "brothers" Farah, although outside this game they do not exist, as well as Malika outside TFS. It is for these reasons that I believe the SoT protagonists are the only children in their families. I'll post the

concepts somehow in the near future .

Similarly, I remember, I was, I don't remember where. Not a plot reference anyway.

So it finally becomes clear what kind of places in TSoT were where fountains with water stood - the World of Etheric Fire (or simply the Etheric World).

Yes, in TFS on PC there was also a similar place where Prince Prince meets with Razia, he also said that this place is familiar to him and that's all. A weak reference, even weaker than the two phrases of the Prince that I quoted earlier (about Azad and about Faro).

The Wii version is in the first place in terms of its seriousness in terms of attitude to gameplay and preservation of the traditions of the game, it is excellent in many respects. And it is in her that the good old prince is recognized, albeit in a very simple situation)

Yes, yes, I heard a lot of good things about this version, I'll play it someday, I hope)) Although it is unworthy to be a part of the Sands of Time series, as a part of the Prince of Persia series it is very worthy.

For example, part of 2008 is not worthy of either one or the other, but the game itself is quite normal. Some scold her for the fact that the gameplay is worse than in other PoPs and the art is frivolous, but after all, it is worth throwing its name out of your head, as everything falls into place))
So I think that the main (and big) disadvantage of PoP 2008 is her title: we are not playing for a prince, but for some vagrant, I have already spoken about the gameplay, it is worse and different. Yes, in the 1989 game we also play as a tramp, but in the end he still becomes the Prince of Persia))

funny Wii spoiler:
The prince is accompanied by the genie Zara, but the prince either for the sake of a joke, or on purpose, calls her Genie.

Oh yes, I know about this spoiler)) Only he just calls her gin)) The word Genie from English translates simply as "Genie" and it doesn't matter that "Ginny" sounds more affectionate, it's still a translation error)) By the way, in the official (and not pirated) translation of Disney's Aladdin also made the same mistake.

And I knew that one day he would come for me. And on this day I will meet my prince again

"Oh no, break off)) He will have more important things to do!" But seriously - another proof that this game has nothing to do in the plot of the Trilogy)) I

forget to tell about his glove

Well, yes, we all know from which game it went to equip the prince with a glove))

NDS version .... I would like to remain silent, but I will tell you and send my notes on it. It's like a continuation of TTT, only here the "plot" and "gameplay" are exactly what is in quotation marks.

To begin with, I will say that I did not know about its existence (you probably envy me). Looked only now on Youtube. I absolutely agree with what you said about the game, but there is one "but": on NDS there are quite a few games in which the "plot" and "gameplay" are purely for show, so do not be surprised)) I believe that you played on emulator, and NDS-shnikov this game would hardly surprise. My verdict: if the game does not leave the limits of NDS (which is unlikely to happen), it is not necessary to erase it from space-time))) The

prince did not remember that he was a prince, but still believed Razia.

So if this is after TTT, then he is just not a prince, but a king (king). Why is it still called by the old name? It is clear why. Actually, TTT is the most recent game from the Sands of Time, for which a sequel should be made ...

“My spirit connected with this blade many years ago, when we were companions. And friends ”

Well, a reference to the main version of TFS!

After the victory Razia again tries to restore the memory of the prince and he sees ... O_o DAHAK, CAPTURING KAYLINA! ???! o_O

And after the first boss, as I understand it, there was a moment in India from the very beginning of SoT, when he had not yet discovered Sands. Sad to admit, this version of TFS has more storytelling references to the Trilogy than the other two put together. The irony is that it never makes the game better ...

Persepolis - the ruins of a city with mutated people.

Persepolis is the main capital of the Achaemenid Empire! Feel at home, Prince)))

The last boss - well, nothing special, the boss is like a boss ... In the end he explodes.

Old tradition of Nintendo games)) Yes, I have to admit this boss is more or less nothing, unlike the rest of the game)

What- then they talked about the path of true love ...

By the way, in this conversation the Prince mentioned Faro, although he did not mention her name. Again, this reference doesn't make the game any better ...

It's a Godsmack drummer tattoo) Of course, he may have forbidden to continue using his tattoo in the game, maybe the "contract" has dried up ...

In an early version of TTT (called Kindred Blades), the Prince retained this tattoo, his appearance, cruelty, and the Amulet (which allowed him to still fight with two full-fledged swords without using the Dagger of Time). The "contract" dried up, obviously, for one of two reasons (or for two at once):

1) the drummer went nuts, seeing what the former savage from WW had become, and therefore removed the tattoo.
2) Ubisoft, who returned the game to its fabulous roots, removing the darkness, cruelty and hard rock Godsmack, removed, in fact, this tattoo.

In any case, the tattoo disappeared along with his brutal appearance, of which she was a part.

I agree, these are details, but too catchy.

I agree))

By the way, in the Wii version of TFS, the prince looks very normal

Here, I think, each of us will remain unconvinced))

By the way, the events of the Wii version take place a year or two after the events of TSoT and are the first chronologically in the TFS series

Although in fact they have nothing to do with the plot of the Trilogy of Sands !! ! uh ... sorry, I could not resist))

who knows how that fight would have ended.

As well as all previous and next battles - by the death of Crowmaster)) Where is the reason for doubting this? I think Dahaka, knowing that the Crowmaster must die anyway, decided to use him to kill the Prince (did not work), and then kill him instead of the Prince (if the battle ended with the victory of the Crowmaster, Dahaka would not have the right to kill him ). Yes, with the fact that Kaileena is a more important bird, I agree, but such an attitude and why, if there is a prince, is disgusting for the impartial guard, whom Dahak is represented.

Dahaka may have saved the prince at that point, who knows how that fight would have ended. And then there is a guaranteed passage further.

If you mean that he saved the Prince on purpose, then this is nonsense, because when he captures the Prince, he still erases him. He just wants to erase the extra Prince (no matter which). Logically, he can only chase the Prince in Babylon, but on the Island everything is serious.

And then you can eat it when Kailina leans back)

No, then he erases (the main ending), or tries to erase (alternative ending) it for a different reason - it is in the present "superfluous", just like the second Prince on the Island (as he said Prince, she does not belong to this stream of time, i.e., present time). If he had not transferred it to the present, then Dahaki would not have had the right to absorb it. Only then would it again crumble into the Sands and the circle would be closed again.

So, I'm confused:

Dahaka wants to kill the prince, pursues him, corners him in Babylon. I ate it. Annihilated. Erased as an intruder. Well, his "work" is done, satisfied and well-fed Dahaka dissolves in space-time. No one floats to the island and climbs there on all sorts of basements and towers, does not exterminate the local population and ... does not kill the Empress! Hmm, okay, what do we get from this? Kailina continues to live-exist for herself, since she is immortal, suppose, in the end, no one kills her, and she sits on her island ... The hourglass is empty, Sand from Kailina has not passed into the Clock.

Kailina's death, what is the only way to create the Sands? Kailina, being the "servant of the Empress" said: "When the last grain of sand in this clock falls, the Empress will create the Sand of Time." I mean, she can create Sand herself without killing herself? Or does she mean her death at the hands of the prince at the moment when the last grain of sand falls? ("They say that knowledge is power, but I think it is poison. Knowing the exact time of her death oppresses her."). So her death is the only way or not? This nuance is very important for the acceptance of your version of Dahaka's motives.

PS Interesting fact: in SoT, the trajectory of the arrow shot by the Vizier is similar to the old Ubisoft logo. I would say that this is just a coincidence or my imagination, if not for one detail - in the trailer the words "from Ubisoft studios" are pronounced just at the moment the arrow is flying (the trailer is present in the WW gallery)

A
ALeXandeR Umbra 27.11.21

Well, the vizier did not resurrect in Battles, he is there as a character from the past, the memories of other heroes) And, at least, there is nothing that refutes the presence of brothers in Farah, in fact, like the prince) Just not a word about this in the main trilogy. Hence a possible blunder: Malik himself could have survived at the time of the TTT events, and, like an older brother, have more claims to the throne)

Early TFS art:
http://www.princeofrussia.narod.ru/y_0fb56938.jpg
http: // www.princeofrussia.narod.ru/y_3e5da2f2.jpg
http://www.princeofrussia.narod.ru/y_4bfe9d2e.jpg
http://www.princeofrussia.narod.ru/y_4ddfbdcf.jpg
http: //www.princeofrussia.narod .ru / y_6d709f9b.jpg
http://www.princeofrussia.narod.ru/y_6d5175c9.jpg
http://www.princeofrussia.narod.ru/y_6dc194f8.jpg
http://www.princeofrussia.narod.ru/y_7aa4f3dc.jpg
http://www.princeofrussia.narod.ru/y_29a035a4.jpg
http://www.princeofrussia.narod.ru/y_811b07bf.jpg
Some sketches found implementation in Wii versions (a fire location, for example, a foundry, it seems)

Well, from everything we've seen, TFS Wii (let's call it that), deserves to be called a part of the Trilogy universe, since in fact it does not bring any sticks into the wheels of history, while being a good adventure with the same hero)

Oh, with 2008 it's not so simple) To suspect something, you would have to go through the Epilogue (only on consoles //) and listen to all the dialogues)
Running away from Ahriman, the hero (if not to call him a prince) and Elika go through an abandoned part of the city underground, and at some point find a huge treasure) The hero, although he introduced himself as a vagabond and a treasure hunter, begins a dialogue:
- Elika, let's go from here , I'm not at ease.
- Stop ... Are you a tomb robber who is afraid of tombs ?!
- * Indistinct answer-excuse *) - Actually, as always, he answered Elika in this way to all questions about him) In the Epilogue there are other hints that our hero is not just a bum with a saber) Therefore, I would be glad to see the continuation purely with points of view of the disclosure of this secret)
Yes, and I really liked the game precisely as a part of the Prince of Persia's universe. If you remember, the very first prince is also not a prince at the beginning of the game, but a navigator who the princess fell in love with) But he became a prince) In this sense, 2008 and 1989 are similar) Prince changed his face 3 (4) times, trilogy at the end, it outlived itself and a miserable attempt to do something new in her setting led you to see what)

Ohh, I know as much as possible about Kindred Blades) It's enough that I regret that she did not come out instead of TTT ...

T. e. Dahaka's main goal on the island is to destroy the prince / Spirit? I strongly doubt it, because in the end, after the first murder of Kailina, Dahak again comes for the prince, although he digested the Spirit before the battle with Kailina)
The murder of the prince / Spirit is also a goal, but the main one is to close the chain of events so that the prince gets to Kailina and kills her, thereby filling the Clock with Sand.

It seems to me that in WW, in principle, there are logical inconsistencies in terms of "creating the Sand of Time". The big picture:
Island, Kailina, an army of sand monsters, they ALREADY have Sand, as well as in portals and many other places (pots). Accordingly, Sand ALREADY exists. What's pouring in the Clock? Now that's the question ... Granules of time? When Kaileena died, an explosion occurs, there is a pile of Sand in the hall, and in the Clock it begins to pour ... Accordingly, it would be more logical to call the mission of the prince to "prevent the creation of the Sands", but "not to let the Sands get into the Clock". As we can see, when performing a certain ritual, you can kill Kailina, and the Sand will break out and begin to spread as when the Clock was opened. The Vizier also clearly demonstrates that the Dagger can control the Sands for less combat purposes.
In connection with these contradictions, delusions are simply created in the formulation of the "mission". There is even more interesting information that is difficult to deny:
There are WW and TTT versions for PSP: Revelations and Rival Swords, respectively. The first one has 4 huge additional locations, one of which is of interest, but no more, maybe I'll tell you about it later. And in Rival Swarods, it seems like everything is the same as in TTT ... only multiplayer was added (ugh ...) and 3 off-plot chariot races (ugh-ugh-ugh ...), I passed it a long time ago and nothing I would not have learned anything new if it had not been for an interesting post on the pspx.ru forum. One user was looking for a Rival Swords skin with additional locations! Found, in the end - 9 new levels! Each one is behind the Sand Gate, which the prince closes. The ancient history is somewhat clear from the dialogues there:
Once there was the Lord of Time, the powerful Zervan, who led his troops to conquer all countries. Persia almost fell under his onslaught, but the then king of Persia rallied the last forces and was able to defeat Zervan, destroying his temples, which fed him with power. Zervan became mortal, the king of Persia took pity on his enemy and gave him life in exile, once the god of Time hid in the mountains of India.
In three of the nine new levels, the prince finds these three temples, which the vizier restored to feed himself with strength. Three other locations are "treasures", a useless waste of time, but the other three are again the World of Etheric Fire, and the cup of water gives new powers of Time: the Eye of the Storm, etc. In this world, the voice of Kailina namaner sounds: "Remember the power of the Storm of Time."
Yes, except for the owners of the PSP in the United States and the rare lucky ones in other countries, this side of the story is hidden ... I would say, by the stupidity of the developers. But in my opinion it is difficult to throw out of the series, especially when you play it)

K
Karnaj 27.11.21

Early TFS art

Thousands of thanks))) If it weren't for the Headlight tattoo, I would not have recognized her ... But here it is in the perspective)) Is it my glitches or at the bottom of many of the art is written "Prince of Persia 2008" ???

Well, the vizier did not revive in Battles, he is there as a character from the past, the memories of other heroes)

Shit! It will be necessary to play it somehow ... I think why his hair has not turned gray))

And, at least, there is nothing to refute Farah's brothers, in fact, like the prince) Just in the main trilogy not a word about it.

It's more likely a matter of my dislike for these two games. As for the "brothers" of Fara - I already wrote about my attitude to Battles (like, another genre), moreover, the game is pocket-sized and given these two factors, the new character somehow does not turn around, if you understand what I mean)) Simple pieces of wood, you know- whether not deserving of recognition. I mean, add new (!), But at the same time important (!!) characters (brothers of one of the main characters, if anything) in a game of another genre (!!!), and even a portable one (!!!!) - very bad idea. Well, the finishing factor: not a word about this in the main trilogy.

As for Malik, it's easier - TFS is a filler and for that I hate fiercely (and not because the gameplay there is worse, it's bearable).

Hence a possible blunder: Malik could well have survived at the time of the TTT events, and, as an older brother, had more claims to the throne)

To the displeasure of the Dark Prince)) But he still died (no regrets) and there is no blunder. In general, with each new death (Fara - Kailina - Malik), the viewer's sympathy is less and less, and this is a bad indicator. And not only for the viewer, but for the Prince too - we compare his reaction to the deaths of Farah, Kailina and Malik. (As for Kailina, he was just depressed and angry that he did not keep his promise that she would be safe, that's all).

Well, from everything we've seen, TFS Wii (let's call it that), deserves to be called part of the Trilogy universe, since in fact it does not bring any sticks into the wheels of history, while being a good adventure with the same hero)

In addition, being a filler ((I mean, if the developers say that this is the Prince of the Sands, he should not just look like the Prince of the Sands, he should be him. I mean, if you change him to another similar character ( Dante, for example, only without his pistols), then there will be no problems! I think that is why we developed and did not add skins of characters from other games to this game)) In the place of the Prince, someone else could calmly be ((If, nevertheless make a filler, then let them make sure that the game is firmly connected with other games by plot references (that is, echoes with them). Prince is not Sam Fisher or 47, so that a completely different adventure begins in the new part!

- Stop ... Are you a tomb raider who is afraid of tombs ?!
- * Indistinct answer-excuse *) - Actually, as always, he answered Elika in this way to all questions about him) In the Epilogue there are other hints that our hero is not just a bum with a saber) The

maximum that one can suspect from this is this that our hero is not just a bum with a saber). Where is the confirmation that he is a prince? Name of the game? But it should not serve as a hint, on the contrary, the events of the game should serve as a reinforcement of the name))

Therefore, I would be glad to see a continuation purely from the point of view of revealing this secret)

Well, well, wait and see ... Because in 2008 he is a vagrant and calling him a prince there is completely wrong.

If you remember, the very first prince is also not a prince at the beginning of the game, but a navigator who the princess fell in love with) But he became a prince)

So I already noted this above) In 1989, he became a prince, albeit by the end of the game, therefore the name makes sense. In 2008, he was never a prince during the game - the name is wrong!

Well, once they started talking about it, check it out:
It's a pity it's not the Prince from WW, but this tramp (Although if the Prince from WW was there, the battle would be unequal))
Well, the sequel: (there is a lot of nonsense, but the battle is good, like dancing in A homeless man with a saber is there purely for decoration) the

trilogy has outlived its usefulness at the end, and a pitiful attempt to do something new in its setting has led to what you see)

Yes ... But once I dreamed that there was a game between SoT and WW, preferably a few - apparently in vain ((

Ohh, I know as much as possible about Kindred Blades) It's enough that I regret not coming out she instead of TTT ...

I agree ((* groans softly *

Yes, except for PSP owners in the USA and rare lucky ones in other countries, this side of the story is hidden ... I would say, the stupidity of the developers.

This is the first time I hear about this! a piece of the Trilogy that I don't know !! Well, and what about the images of the game on a flashed PSP or emulators (yes, the PSP resolution on a FullHD monitor only causes a facepalm, but still for the Trilogy ...). In addition, Rival Swords was released on Wii, is there no "bonus" there?

I will write about Dahak and his motives in a separate post, otherwise the post will be too long, besides, this is a separate topic))

K
Karnaj 27.11.21

Those. Dahaka's main goal on the island is to destroy the prince / Spirit? I strongly doubt it, because in the end, after the first murder of Kailina, Dahak again comes for the prince, although he digested the Spirit before the battle with Kailina)

I meant before the murder of Kailina. And then, as you said, you can actually eat the Prince. But this is not really my theory, I just wanted to offer it to complement yours. I explain. You said that Dahak was chasing the Prince to kill Kaileena. But it is possible to assume that he simply drives away only in Babylon, since on the Island if the player hesitates, Dahaka eats him. Excuses like "don't slow down, that won't kill" do not work - the fact that he is killing him, in fact, proves that he is chasing him in order to kill. In order, without departing from your version, to explain this fact, I assumed that he was killing the Prince, because he knew that he was not in one copy on the Island, and one of the two would still kill Kailina. But, whether it is so or not, there is one detail - (I highlighted it in square brackets because. it is long) [[[in order to regain its initial appearance, the Sand Spirit needs to be in close proximity to its second self during his death so that after his death take his place in the Stream of Time - this was clearly shown in the video about the Indian war - he put his hand on the chain with which the Clock was wrapped, was killed by Hunter, the Sand Spirit killed Hunter and took off the mask and the Indian put his hand on the chain where it was seconds ago. The same thing happened with the Prince - he took the place of the deceased himself in the Stream of Time, that's why the Amulet remained with him. What will happen to the Sand Spirit if he is far from his second self during his death or to the Prince if the Sand Spirit dies far from him is not known for sure, since it was not shown in the game, but nothing good will happen, that's for sure, therefore, the Spirit hastened to the Main Hall after he regained consciousness after being struck by Brutus.]]] From this detail it appears that if Dahaka wants the Prince / Spirit to kill Kailina safely, then he should not kill one if the other is not nearby, but must drive him like a ram until he meets both. But he doesn't. He tries to kill the Prince / Spirit (see above). That is, this already makes your version unstable.

It seems to me that in WW, in principle, there are logical inconsistencies in terms of "creating the Sand of Time". The big picture:
Island, Kailina, an army of sand monsters, they ALREADY have Sand, as well as in portals and many other places (pots). Accordingly, Sand ALREADY exists. What's pouring in the Clock? Now that's the question ... Granules of time? When Kaileena died, an explosion occurs, there is a pile of Sand in the hall, and in the Clock it begins to pour ... Accordingly, it would be more logical to call the mission of the prince not "to prevent the creation of the Sands", but "to prevent the Sands from getting into the Clock". As we can see, when performing a certain ritual, you can kill Kailina, and the Sand will break out and begin to spread as when the Clock was opened.

That's right, in this regard, everything is obvious in the game)) Even in SoT, sand is present even before the opening of the Clock - it is present in the dagger when the Prince finds it in the treasury, and also remains in it when the Prince rewinds all the events of the game (although in the second case it is rather due to the fact that the dagger exists outside of time).

Now my version regarding Dahaka's motives. In it, I will accept that the Sands can be "created" (that is, to fill the Clock with them) only by killing Kailina. The other way is not shown in the game, and this one has no serious contradictions. So:

Why does Dahaka want to erase the Prince? The old man explains: "The one who opened the Clock must die ... You should have died, but you deceived fate." Well, it was also said that he violated the Stream of Time. So, in SoT, the Prince opened the Clock (this time), he had to die ONCE, but he was rewinding time (playing with fate, these are two), and at the end of the game he was rewinding a huge chunk of time. And although he restores the initial state of affairs with this "The Grand Rewind", this is not an excuse, in addition, after that he kills the Vizier (again toys with fate), and even after that he has the audacity to use the rewind (in personal purposes))) before giving the Dagger to Farah. Over time, such lewdness is UNACCEPTABLE, and therefore Dahaka is chasing him in order to erase him, and even in Babylon. This video in Babylon was incomprehensible to me for a long time, but now I sort of figured it out - the Prince stopped, took out his swords, followed by a view "from the Prince's eyes" - he saw THAT was pursuing him and ran away in horror ("For the first time in his life. .. I'm scared "). Unfortunately, we were not shown HOW he ran away, but you correctly noted about his acrobatic skills. So Dahaka's goal is to prevent the Prince from opening the Sands, the most reliable way is to prevent him from creating them, and therefore he wants to erase it. Yes, if he kills him before the death of Kailina (i.e. before the creation of the sands), then: but you correctly noted about his acrobatic skills. So Dahaka's goal is to prevent the Prince from opening the Sands, the most reliable way is to prevent him from creating them, and therefore he wants to erase it. Yes, if he kills him before the death of Kailina (i.e. before the creation of the sands), then: but you correctly noted about his acrobatic skills. So Dahaka's goal is to prevent the Prince from opening the Sands, the most reliable way is to prevent him from creating them, and therefore he wants to erase it. Yes, if he kills him before the death of Kailina (i.e. before the creation of the sands), then:

No one floats to the island and climbs there on all sorts of basements and towers, does not exterminate the local population and ... does not kill the Empress!

But this will also lead to the fact that no one runs around Azad, quietly undressing and outraging there over time every five seconds, rewinding back his death and the death of Farah, etc. If there is no Sands, there will be no story with them. If he kills the Prince after he frees the Sands, then it will turn out like this - the Prince will "take away" the Stream of Time during the events of SoT after that he will go to the Island and create the Sands (due to the fact that he did this in the past, then this will happen before the events of SoT) and thus pave a way for the curvature of the Stream of Time (events of SoT) after which Dahak will kill him, but since he will do this in the PRESENT (in the past he does not chase us), then he will not cancel abuse of time in Azad and India. Therefore, he should protect the Empress, not let her disintegrate into Sand. The prince has screwed up the Stream of Time too abundantly and Dahaka cannot fix everything, so he tries to fix the most significant (namely, the SoT events). The Prince's goal, as well as Dahaka's, is to prevent the creation of the Sands of Time, but to do it without his own death. As the Prince said, if he succeeds, "Then Dahaka will have nothing to do with me." After the death of Kailina, Dahak continues to try to kill the Prince (he seems to have no other options). The prince decides to kill Kailina in the Present, since this is an option that will not lead to the opening of the Hourglass by him (as he said, the Sands WILL BE created, but WILL NOT be opened by him. Dahaku will be satisfied with this option) Kailina saw her future. e. his death in the Stream of Time (in contrast to the Prince, to whom Dahak himself "informed" about his fate by his appearance), and the Stream does not take into account the action of the Mask, since it is intended precisely to change fate, to give a second chance, as the Indian said. (As you wrote earlier: if not for the Mask, any possible mistake would have been completely ruled out.) Namely, because of the Mask and the transformation into a Spirit, the Prince changed his mind about killing her a second time. Then he already took the place of the deceased himself in the Stream of Time and thereby changed his fate. Dahaka needed to kill the Prince. so he did it in the Central Hall, and the Sand Spirit took his place, giving him this very second chance)) Dahaka had no more complaints about the Prince. The Prince wanted to tell Kailina about this in an alternative ending ("You can change your fate, I did it") But the Prince transferred Kailina to the Present, where she was not supposed to be, so Dahaka came for her. In the main ending, he came after the Prince reluctantly killed the Empress and he only had to erase it, and since he erased it before she created the Amulet, then she did not create the Amulet, respectively, erased it. In the alternative ending, he comes earlier, the Prince does not let him to Kailina, she realizes that the Prince will not kill her. Nevertheless, Dahaka still has no complaints about the Prince. If the Prince did not have the Water Sword, then perhaps Dahak would have simply stunned him or thrown nafig elsewhere, but did not kill. After all, Dahaka did so, threw him away at the beginning, when the Prince, with the Water Sword with him, tried to prevent him. But the Prince with the Water Sword posed a threat to him. Dahaka defended himself. And therefore I feel sorry for him, because despite his appearance, he is not a villain, but a neutral, impartial guardian of time. Agree it is better to kill a bitch, which itself runs up, than an innocent one. Therefore, I prefer the main ending. And that's not to mention the fact that saving Kailina cost him dearly (this is already in the TTT game).

About the first meeting of Dahaka, Prince and Spirit in the Central Hall. Dahaka had to kill the Prince in the amount of 1 piece. and, apparently, he does not care which Prince of two to erase. The Spirit comes across. It was only by soaking the Spirit in close proximity to his second "I" that he started a vicious circle of events. The Prince didn't need such a "second chance", and the next time he, being a Sand Spirit, gathered all his strength into a fist, avoided being caught and took the place of his deceased "I".

Yes, my version, like everyone else, has flaws, but it seems to be less daring and more relies on what is happening and the phrases of the characters, at least it seems to me so))

A
ALeXandeR Umbra 27.11.21

It signed Prince of Persia 2008 - the year these concept arts were created, perhaps this is also the codename of the project, since Prince of Persia (2008 of release) was codenamed Prodigy It's

difficult to complete Battles of PoP on the emulator, but I think , in the end it is possible) Although I have been playing mission 22 for several years now, and on the Nintendo DS ... The emulator is working - NO $ GBA, but it seems that some missions are displayed incorrectly.

Well, Malik could have survived) To see what changes were brought about by the fact that the Sand was not imprisoned in the Clock, we can assume that even more events have changed. A butterfly flaps its wings in downtown Beijing, and it's raining in downtown Los Angeles)

TFS Wii just has skins from other parts;) I unlocked one - from TSoT, I know that there is still a Dark Prince skin) By the way, as in the PSP version) When connecting PSP to PS3, when both games are turned on in PS3, versions open 2 points of pumping, and in PSP - the new skin of the prince)
In my opinion, a strong connection with the plot of the series is not very important in this case. The prince traveled the world for a year or two, completely out of hand, wanting to find his own kingdom and his princess. Considering that after TSoT everything seemed to be back to square one, and Dahaka had not yet begun the pursuit (which goes against the Battles of PoP variation - Dahaka came there for the prince two months later), the prince has not yet become a brutal warrior and is leading a careless life. The main thing is that besides the fact that Dahaka has gone somewhere, the game at least does not contradict and does not interfere with the main trilogy.
If there is a desire, this game runs perfectly on the emulator, I went through it completely. Except for the end where everything slows down, the launch is correct.

Yes, the events should serve as a reinforcement, but there are no such events yet) I bet the developers planned a long interesting plot for this universe, but the antipathy of the "old" fans and the financial failure shut them up ... ) made TFS - and the remnants of the army of fans who still remembered what the Prince of Persia was, disowned the new handout completely.

I saw the first battle, but did not know that there was a second)) Thank you)

The image of Revelations is easy to find, but it was difficult to find Rival Swords with new levels, thank God, I kept the image with me. PSPs are now easily stitched, I saw the emulator somewhere, but it has not yet been established, it is completely playable, it launches only a few games, and then the emulator settings are sharpened for them, most of the games load the main menu at best. If interested, I sell my PSP.
Yes, Rival Swords was also released on Wii, but this is a separate funny topic) I also thought that there is everything new that is on the PSP, but I was mistaken. In fact, Rival Swords on Wii is the same TTT only with Wii controllers. No new chariot racing, no multiplayer.

If Dahaka eats the prince before he gets to the central hall where Dahaka eats the prince / Spirit, then who got to the Mask and put it on?
Dahaka eats the prince during the chases in terms of gameplay, we would not be shown that Dahaka grabbed the prince, stroked and kicked him faster) It's still a game, and the gameplay requires certain events. In the end, for this whole story to happen, the player must bring the prince to the very end of the path, only in this case one can generally reflect on Dahaka's intentions.

If Dahaka prevents the prince from entering the island, i.e. does not kill Kailina in the past, then Dahaka will be forced to either absorb Kailina herself, destroying the Sand, or make sure that it dies at the right time so that the Sand gets into the Clock. Then the chain of events will be closed. As a matter of fact, the chain of events closes much better if you go according to the plot of the game - the prince got to the island, killed Kailina, and if it were not for the ill-fated Mask, Dahaka would have already gone on vacation for seniority.

But we have no information about the creation of the Amulet, Dagger and Staff ... It's not a fact that Kaileena created these relics, like the Clock. Let's look at it this way: at the time of Kailina's death (for the first time), the Clock already existed. Their function is to absorb the Sand in the event of Kailina's death, in order to prevent the global end of the world. If there is a Clock, then at that moment the Dagger would have to exist as an opener of the Clock. (I wonder what would happen if the prince found a Dagger on the Island and opened an empty clock?))). If the Dagger existed at the same moment, I dare to assume that the Amulet with the Staff was also lying around in some pantry. The mask is generally a timeless generator of paradoxes. I strongly doubt that Kailina created them even BEFORE WW events, it seems that they were all created once upon a time, precisely in order to protect the world from Kailina's death and that, where it leads. For a secondary safety net, these relics of time were created, and for a complete safety net against the most creepy one - Mask. Who created all this? Unknown. But Kailina seems to be "chained" to the Clock by her fate. And chained by someone.

In general, the biggest blunder is precisely the substitution of the prince for himself in the central hall. How this happened is not clear, since the situation is fundamentally different from what happened with the maharaja's servant.

About this, I see, one can argue endlessly) I do not think that we will achieve the truth precisely for the reason that this is just a game. And it did not imply such reflections from the players at all, since they were absent from the developers. Although with all this, the prince's trilogy is the most logical thing where time jumps take place, unlike other games or films - after passing the prince and having such reflections, I became disillusioned with the Back to the Future trilogy, finding there just a phenomenal amount of blunders and contradictions, however, that the film from this remained one of the most beloved films of childhood) I think we need to continue talking about interesting facts and little-known games in the series, and at least for the time being leave the twists of the WW's temporary guts ...

T
Tashka-Crazy 27.11.21

I'll start right away with the fact that I can see perfectly well that the last post was made almost 3 years ago ... But I really read all these reflections and was even ready to argue in some moments, more precisely, to offer my own interpretation (especially, there were probably no disputes all the same). If suddenly someone else wants to discuss - I'm all for it!