3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
The rain man 28.11.21 12:21 am

Strange Hero Leveling (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Being a fan of a game like Skyrim, I was surprised (extremely unpleasantly) by the speed of the hero's leveling and the increase in levels. Having climbed the entire White Village location, deliberately running into all sorts of associal elements, such as drowners and ghouls, cutting out the fuck of all the wolves that, when I appeared, already started to run away (like this maniac again) and, finally, after completing all the tasks and additional quests, I received only 4 level. Arriving in Velen, I got a bunch of quests 25+ (well, except for the main ones). It seems to me that this is not entirely normal. Or am I wrong?
30 Comments
Sort by:
b
bosser24071 28.11.21

The rain man
(like this maniac again)
Oh, we wouldn't understand ...

d
danyiil695 28.11.21

Grind is not welcome, complete only green quests, leave red ones for later ...

T
The rain man 28.11.21

It's just that I recently started playing and questions arise, not always there are answers on the internet. Therefore, I registered here

G
Grandfather MastDai 28.11.21

The rain man
It's okay. The entire White Garden location is about 3-4% of the entire game.
Spoiler By the end of the game you will be level 28-35.

T
The rain man 28.11.21

danyiil695
What a grind, I don’t even bother. Green quests and question marks and that's it. That is, by completing them, in theory, in Velen I will get to level 25?

M
Mantykora 28.11.21

The rain man White Garden and finish level 3-4 ... All Velen, without entering Novigrad - after completing all the quests, by virtue of their level - 15-16 level. If you first cut all the monsters on the map (from west to east, but there is nothing to do in the far north and east - they will kill you by sneezing ...), and then complete tasks - there are 5-6 more levels. If, having killed all the monsters in Velen, you can get over on Skellig without completing tasks, then you can still gain levels, and later return to the plot. You can even start a storyline on Skellige - right to Ian in his arms ... The amount of experience for completing tasks "on the contrary" - Skellige, Novigrad, Velen is in theory preserved, but for weak monsters they are almost never given. Ideal if the monster is 5-6 levels older than you. If you defeat an even stronger one, they will give you even more experience. The weaker the monster, the more unprofitable it is to kill.

d
danyiil695 28.11.21

The rain man
Well, you just said that "on purpose" you bump into drowners and wolves, and dial level 25, passing green. Velen is an introductory location, "tutorial". Outside of it, go through quests to swing.

G
Grandfather MastDai 28.11.21

The rain man
Unlike Skurim, here you get very little experience for killing mobs (1-5xp), but for completing one chain of the story quest you can get 1000+. The world is open, which is why high-level quests come across. Just don't do them until you are at least five levels below them.

S
Slonvprotivogaze 28.11.21

On the contrary, I complain that the buildup is too fast)) Is there, by the way, a mod, so that they give less experience for quests? And then after the 12th they grow by leaps and bounds.

W
WarMachine2 28.11.21

The game is really focused on the plot, while Skyrim is more about side quests. Completed the plot in one locality, you can consider taking orders and other things with the appropriate level.

g
gloccc111 28.11.21

The rain man
Being a fan of a game like Skyrim
Is this a game? I have always considered it a platform for mods, so your impressions of the Witcher are normal - this kind of pumping should be.

T
The rain man 28.11.21

Thank you for the info, gentlemen, the picture began to clear up. In any case, I realized that everything is going well) I'll go calmly on the plot and clean up the questions. Moreover, alchemy still needs to be dealt with.

T
The rain man 28.11.21

gloccc111
4 years ago it was not just a game but a GAME, for me and my friends anyway. And fashion, yes ...

r
regeger 28.11.21

The rain man You
play as you please, then you have an open world, you can even swim to Ian at level 4 ... The speed of pumping ..., well, I don’t know what is the case with the speed, in each game it has its own. For completing the main quests, you will receive very little experience in comparison with the side ones, so do the "green" side quests first. The White Garden is just a prologue - it is a very insignificant part of the game (in terms of size and variety of quests). Good luck with your walkthrough.
gloccc111
And you, comrade, scolding others for hating, hate unfortunate Skyrim yourself. So it is impossible - be consistent though. Don't be like the notorious Gauguin here

O
Old_Nick 28.11.21

Mantykora ".... If you defeat an even stronger one, they will give even more experience ......"
Nothing of the kind.
The same principle as with quests - "full" experience (and the same for a given monster - does not depend on the difference in levels) goes only for the "green" monster, "gray" and "red" - equal to 5% of the normal. That is, for pumping it makes sense to contact the monster of only 5 levels in both directions from the level of the GG, everything else (both more and less) - 1-2 XP

M
Mantykora 28.11.21

Old_Nick I pass the
NG + Witcher, level 38, I kill a level 45 drowner, I gave more than 60 experience. Yes, I cut it for a long time, tactics, but still killed several, in one-on-one combat.

O
Old_Nick 28.11.21

Mantykora
In a regular game (which is the starting one, which is NG +) this does not happen.
There are 3 possible explanations:
1. We are talking about a DLC kit. There is another calculation of XP accrual, both for quests and for opponents
2. There is a mod for "equalizing" experience
3. The player, corny, made a mistake, and took experience from several opponents for one

Believe me - this rule is hammered in with crypts, if not their edits - this cannot be

g
gloccc111 28.11.21

Finlife
And you, comrade, scolding others for hating, hate unfortunate Skyrim yourself.
And what hate is it? This is my opinion and I have always been consistent in it, without mods (especially a requiem) I can’t sit down for Skyrim, this is not a hate game, this is a criticism of the developers, they are to blame for providing a platform for mods.

M
Mantykora 28.11.21

Old_Nick
1. The Stone Hearts DLC hasn't been released yet.
2. No mods.
3. Specially looked after each opponent, played NG + cleanly wander, explore the whole map before the plot. I remember exactly the killed drowned men with a level 45 skull on the east coast of Velen, north of the Nilf camp, the experience was given by the car. You can check in the evening if there is still a record left.

T
The rain man 28.11.21

Guys, help me again with advice plz.
Again, for pumping. As a matter of fact, I'm finishing Velen. Level 13, passed about 70% of the quests, it remains to talk to the Baron.
In the list of tasks, about 6-8 quests are still hanging on an unattainable level, from 22 and higher. So what's now? go to Novigrad or look for a ship on Skellig? And then, upon reaching, for example, level 20, return and clear high-level tasks? Who did what?