3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
sergigno 29.11.21 10:52 pm

ATI HD7950 problem

Hello everyone.
I got a problem with the ATI HD 7950 video card. It all started with a message that the driver stopped responding and was restored, after a minute there were artifacts, a screen with stripes / artifacts and a PC freeze. After two days of such torment, when the PC boots up, horizontal dashed lines appear on the BIOS screen, the Windows boot screen with vertical red lines, and that's it ... to reboot again. I removed the cooler, changed the thermal paste, it didn't help. People, if anyone knows how to reanimate the card, please tell me, I will be very grateful.
And yet, if you need to completely change, which one would you advise? My system is too old, to put it mildly. Core i7 920 @ 2.6 Ghz. 6 gb ram, mother of sabertooth X58. I would like to take something similar in characteristics. I think maybe nvidia gtx 750 ti. Who thinks what?
Thanks!
19 Comments
Sort by:
s
sergigno 29.11.21

SonyK. Well, I have a 1920 x 1080 monitor, I always play on it

T
The_apathy 29.11.21

The 750ti isn't even close to your past. If we take an analogue, then your choice is either 960 or r9 380. In general, it would be nice to voice the budget. More likely to help.

s
sergigno 29.11.21

Askia19I am thinking of spending Euro 250/280. that's 18,000 thousand ...

s
sergigno 29.11.21

it was just ati, now if it's broken, I want to try nvidia. but I would not like to spend extra money on a card that, in fact, my percent will not fully disclose ... it was good for me with this one that broke ((

s
sergigno 29.11.21

SonyK. I just watched the tests, and the truth is it is not very good, compared to mine.

T
The_apathy 29.11.21

sergigno
Well, almost 20. This budget just fits 960. In my city it costs from 16 to 19. And 970, unfortunately, is now too expensive. I would suggest either this - http://www.dns-shop.ru/catalog/i1017915/videokarta-gigabyte-geforce-gtx-960-gaming
Or this - http://www.dns-shop.ru/catalog/ i1017892 / videokarta-msi-geforce-gtx-960-gaming-4g
I give versions with 4 GB, as the overpayment is negligible.

s
sergigno 29.11.21

Askia19 well, thanks for the advice, I somehow did not immediately pay attention to these models. And which is better to take, ati or nvidia. I know that this is an eternal confrontation, I just spent two generations on ati. and I do not know how nvidia is with cards now.

s
sergigno 29.11.21

SonyK. it's kind of a pity, to be honest))) I just thought at first that mine dropped in price, with the release of new models, but when I looked, but it was not there ...

T
The_apathy 29.11.21

sergigno Everything is
good with Nvidia, even very good. Especially in the expensive price range. You will not regret the choice, I think. The 960 should be a little faster than your old card - roughly on par with the 7970.

s
sergigno 29.11.21

Askia19I think then and bribe Ram. I have 6 GB in total ... I think it will not be enough for such a card, what do you think?

T
The_apathy 29.11.21

sergigno
In 2045, it's nice to have at least 8 GB in your system, so the idea is correct. But, to be honest, my system has 12 GB, so RAM is the last thing I think about. However, I can cite my laptop as an example, which in a load is capable of eating 6 GB out of 8 available. That is, in any case, it will not be superfluous.

s
sergigno 29.11.21

SonyK. Well, I think if you strain yourself, then you can take it. If this is the case ... Thanks for the advice.

s
sergigno 29.11.21

W3aMisterWinner
SonyK.
people, in short, I cheated here, read that the card can be repaired. I watched one video of how people heated the map with an iron, well, I thought, it was not, it will not get worse. As a result, he warmed it up at the maximum temperature with an iron, put it on, and the artifacts passed !!! I don't know, maybe this is a temporary solution, but let's hope that it will work for a long time ... I even made a photo))))

s
sergigno 29.11.21

W3aMisterWinner
here you are of course correct, but I also need to take into account the rest of the hardware, so as not to throw money down the drain. I have a percentage of i7 920. he is 6 years old ... RAM 6 GB, mother is still with pci express 2.0. here, and so already that way, the card is not opened one hundred percent)) I hope that this repair method will work and it will last some more time, but no, it’s probably easier to make a general upgrade, percent, video, frames, well, that's all ... more expensive for the money, of course, but at least fully ..

N
No more drugs 29.11.21

I would disperse the stone. The stone is good

D
Dansendrous 29.11.21

sergigno
I have a similar situation, only the stone is even worse (config in the profile)
and problems with new games ... well, no ... The
Witcher 3 - everything is fine on medium-high
GTA 5 - well, something strange - the texture is standard, the rest is on almost ultra
Such old configs - this is something strange,
it should not give out FPS standards, the
stone simply does not reveal the video card, but no - everything works,
but in your opinion ... it would be better to take the older one from the 700 series
960, it’s in vain to pour money in
it like taking 750ti, when there is 670))
but sell your card to hell and quickly, it won't last long - I also had it))

T
The_apathy 29.11.21

sergigno
Not bad, it will last for a while.

here you are of course correct, but I also need to take into account the rest of the iron, so as not to throw money down the drain. I have a percentage of i7 920. he is 6 years old ... RAM 6 GB, mother is still with pci express 2.0. here, and so already that way, the card is not one hundred percent open))
The processor is still good, albeit as ancient as the world. You can also overclock it, if I'm not mistaken. Operations are quite cheap even with the current rate, so again, not a problem. As for pci express: there may be losses, but this is not critical and the difference will not be noticeable. So, if you can spend money on something at the level of 970, then take it, you will not regret it anyway.

I hope that this repair method will work and it will last some more time, but no, it’s probably easier to make a general upgrade, percent, video, frames, well, all the things ... Although it is more expensive for the money, of course, but at least fully ..
4 times more expensive than just buying a new graphics card. I have a pretty good system in Kursk for 80-90 rubles now you can collect. For me, for example, it is extremely expensive.

d
dobro4insky 29.11.21

Askia19
SpoilerDon't know what was from Kursk?

T
The_apathy 29.11.21

dobro4insky
Spoiler50 years