3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
Nitro25 29.11.21 11:03 pm

Periodic FPS drop to 25 (Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas)

1. CPU Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300: 2.50 GHz
2. Mat. ECS P43T-A2 board: bus width 64, frequency 333 MHz, bandwidth capacity 10667 MB / s)
3.RAM 73.G21BF.AS4: DDR2-800, volume 2x2gb
4. GPU (GDDR5) AMD R9 270 DC2OC: PCI Express 3.0x16, memory capacity 2gb, GPU frequency 300 MHz
5. HDD (SATA2 ) ST3160811AS: buffer 8mb, volume 160gb, speed 7200RPM
6. PSU Corsair VS Series: 550watt
7. Operating system Windows 7 Maximum 64bit, SP1

Problem with fps in the game. I began to notice that in some cases the FPS drops to 25 frames per second and stays in this state for a while, as if with the frame limiter turned on. But in fact it is disabled.
FPS drops, for example, when I'm in the car - if I get out, it rises again. For example, in a mission with Ouji Lock, when you need to chase a bandit on a motorcycle - when chasing a FPS of 25, if you get off the motorcycle, it is normal again. Sometimes, when the radio is on, the fps drops to 25, and when it is turned off, it rises.
18 Comments
Sort by:
R
RENLANG 29.11.21

updated the driver on vidyahu?

A
Anomel Suna 29.11.21

Let me tell you a secret - on PC, GTA SA has a 25 FPS limit.

Special programs can remove the restriction. Also, the entire GTA series has always had poor optimization on PC. Rockstar is not very popular with PC gamers (especially after GTA 4)

N
Nitro25 29.11.21

updated the driver on vidyahu?

The last ones are standing. GTA software is also installed.

Let me tell you a secret - on PC, GTA SA has a 25 FPS limit.

I wrote - FPS falls, and then rises again. If I played with the limiter, it would be 25 frames all the time. But in fact, it turns out that this limiter is turned on from time to time.

A
Anomel Suna 29.11.21

Nitro25
I wrote - there is a limit of 25 FPS. Do you understand that the limitation is not included periodically? It always works

N
Nitro25 29.11.21

It actually turns off.

ps: I noticed that this happens precisely when listening to my radio and when playing some songs. I don't even know why this is so ...

A
AlSar 29.11.21

Den Good I
'll reveal a secret - on PC, GTA SA has a 25 FPS limit.
Do not mislead people. The limiter is disabled in the settings.

Nitro25
Mods installed?
while listening to your radio
Maybe too many songs have been put there?
In general, play with your radio settings, especially with the track search mode.
Maybe every time you turn it on, the game reads all the tracks and lags begin.

N
Nitro25 29.11.21

AlSar
The game is clean, there are no mods.

I read somewhere that this is due to the quality of audio tracks added by the user to the game ... although for the first time in 7 years I encountered this ..

A
AlSar 29.11.21

Nitro25
Well, try to play with the settings of your radio: autoscanning tracks,
playback mode, etc., maybe something will help. I myself just never
listen to my radio in GTA, I am content with the standard one that fits into the atmosphere

N
Nitro25 29.11.21

Tried turning off autoscanning, it still didn't help. FPS drops on some tracks. I tried to delete all tracks and leave problematic compositions, the FPS did not fall ... I don't even know what could be the matter.

o
osyotr 29.11.21

Nitro25 I had
the same problem. I recorded several tracks from the standard radio in San Andres (I just liked some from Radio X very much, but somehow I didn't want to wait for them to play) and during the playback of some FPS it dropped to 25-35.
You can try to install the CLEO library and install a script to increase the value of the FPS limiter (if necessary, I will share links), then the cars will behave normally and CJ will not die sometimes when climbing over fences.

N
Nitro25 29.11.21

swifty_08

So, is it normal that the FPS is sagging due to audio tracks?

I don't know about CLEO ... I've never put scripts before because of the radio. I can't even remember that this could have happened before.

PS: I tried to put a script to increase the fps at the limiter ... as a result, the fps rose by only 5 units.

A
AlSar 29.11.21

Nitro25
script to increase FPS at the limiter
In your case, inappropriate, you need to play without the limiter.
I do not even know what could be the matter.
Maybe in the total number of music, in its bitrate?
Try to keep fewer songs and not the highest quality songs.

o
osyotr 29.11.21

AlSar
After all, in my message I have already argued why it is worth putting this script.
By the way, yes, it's probably a bitrate. The quality of the music I recorded was different from the songs from San Andres radio.

R
Rap70r 29.11.21

By the way, I also lagged on a normal PC in many moments, in my opinion you can get used to

A
AlSar 29.11.21

swifty_08
I have already argued in my message
However, machines with an increase in play on the save will give bugs anyway.
This is due to the discrepancy between the game timers, and does not directly depend on the FPS.
The death of Sidzhey while climbing over fences is the first time I hear.
In 3x it was, yes, without a limiter, Claude would fall and die, if you do not use CLEO.
If necessary, I will share links
Do you have links to the 60 FPS limiter?
Everywhere I came across only 30, and even non-working on the version of the game 1.01
Share, if not difficult.
By the way, yes, it's probably a bitrate.
So I think.

silent322
also lagged at many points
It shouldn't be that way, drawdowns in areas are one thing, drawdowns from audio is another.

N
Nitro25 29.11.21

In general, yes. It was due to ... either the single bitrate of the audio recordings, or the total weight of all tracks, or both. I squeezed the audio recordings and now it seems that there are no problems ...

o
osyotr 29.11.21

AlSar
I'm not sure if it works on 1.01, but on my 1.00 everything works fine (SA-MP also sets its own limitation, which is also great). CLEO 4 is only needed.
Script link: http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=26066. The limit is configured in the .ini file.

The death of Sidzhey while climbing over fences is the first time I hear.
In 3x it was, yes, without a limiter, Claude would fall and die, if you do not use CLEO.
This is indeed the case. I discovered this last year. This also happens if you jump onto some objects.

It shouldn't be that way, drawdowns in areas are one thing, drawdowns from audio is another.
In my ghetto, from time to time FPS can drop up to 20.

J
Josero 29.11.21

I have gta SA from the rockstar launcher.
FPS jumps constantly, it is impossible to play. FPS from 8 to 300. Vidyuha 1080. What to do?