3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Lain rain 29.11.21 11:10 pm

White stripes at the bottom of the monitor

Greetings to members of the forum. After 3 years of use, I ran into a problem on the Philips 276E8FJAB / 00 monitor, two white vertical stripes appeared at the bottom of the screen, about a centimeter long. Strains because they are very noticeable on a light background.

Has anyone encountered something similar? What could be the problem, in the loop, backlight, or maybe the matrix screwed up for some reason? Is it possible to fix such a defect?

SpoilerThe photo came out not of the best quality, but to understand the problem, I think, it will be enough:

2 Comments
Sort by:
S
Space Ðœarine 29.11.21

Lain Rain wrote:
Is it possible to fix such a defect?
If you have hands, then anything is possible.
Won chelu from YouTube 3 strips of paper helped to remove the vertical strip on the whole screen.

According to your photo, there is a feeling that there is some kind of jamb associated with the backlight.

G
Georgy Timoshin 29.11.21

Eh buddy, I'm going to upset you, it's a diffuser problem. Where there are light spots (stripes like yours) - this is normal translucency due to the proximity to the LEDs, and the diffuser has dimmed throughout the rest of the area. This happens over time and possibly from heating (perhaps as intended by the manufacturer) and mainly on modern monitors (TVs). Nothing can be done only if the diffuser is replaced, but this is problematic (you will have to disassemble not only the monitor itself but also the matrix, and this is a dangerous business). Or replace the entire matrix, which is not very cheap!
This is just my ASSUMPTION !!!