3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
SUSUL1 29.11.21 11:49 pm

Expiry date of the video card?

In general, I was sitting playing the Witcher third, and suddenly a green screen, flickering cubes, a dark rectangle of the monitor ...
In general, my ASUS R9 270OC died, so much so that the Windows followed it with a fatal error and refused to boot I
handed it over to the service and took out of the box "do not forget to throw away" HD4850, original, single-slot =)
Because of it, I had to switch from licensed ten to pirated Win7, because the drivers were not delivered to it for 10 ...
In general, while my card is being dissected and decided, then whether to repair or change will have to live on this ... The
question is ... Is
it not dangerous to use it today? Lay in the box for so many years!
and how does her impeller sound ...
8 Comments
Sort by:
d
dizzy33 29.11.21

What's dangerous? vidyuha can work even after 20 years. The only problem is that it will not pull new games.

N
Nik0LaI123 29.11.21

I fried the video card in the oven 5 times, everything works fine, so your used one is safe to use, but a repaired one with a high degree of probability will again roll out the focus

M
MunchkiN 616 29.11.21

why did you need to switch from Windows 10 to Windows 7? firewood like 3000-4000 still support

S
SUSUL1 29.11.21

MunchkiN 616
no, I was very surprised, but only HD5000 and newer moved to Win10 = (

I
Ilya Rak 29.11.21

Since this is a topic, I will also ask. What is the "shelf life of a video card"?
They say "killed by mining"? And what does this mean - what is killed by the load (does it mean a strong load?)? And that is how long the card should serve if its load is standard (games); after all, this is also a load, although not so strong.

b
back37 29.11.21

The expiration date - until it dies ... and if you periodically change the thermal paste and generally clean the computer, just as without dabbling in overclocking and all sorts of firmware, the vidyaha will die one of the last ... unless the power supply unit is of course not a Chinese noname, which will take a large part of iron: D
But the relevance period depends on the requests, for me, for example, the relevance of NVidia GTX275 left only in 2012-2013, and replaced it at all only at the beginning of 2014 ... and even very ancient cards may not start for more or less modern computers, since I just did not twist the motherboard settings, the old 8600gt did not curl at all on the 1155 socket ... it was needed to restore the bios of the current radical after the experiments, I had to almost blindly ...: D

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 29.11.21

SUSUL1
HD4850 ​​in a dusty computer (not often turned on last year). Purchased with a computer around the end of its release. 50 fps draws in the ancient console game, which does not spend even half of the video memory in this resolution.

S
SUSUL1 29.11.21

VITYA_KOLYADENKO
Mine is still alive!
Despite its antiquity, it confidently drags WoT at 60 FPS in the SD client at medium settings in 1920x1080, and also perfectly drags Ships!
What else does he need such a card ?!
It turns out you can still live with the HD4850 ​​=)
But you need headphones ...