3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
Ilya Rak 30.11.21 12:20 am

Skylake vs Haswell

Actually, the subject is in the title of the topic.
In more detail, then:
Skylake is somewhat better, although few can name specifically what has been improved in it. Plus (which is important) - support for ddr4.
Haswell is a little cheaper + a little cheaper a mother for him.

So the question is, which is better? Novelty or price.
21 Comments
Sort by:
L
Lisstoman 30.11.21

Ilya Rak
There are no differences for games, but for rendering video and any processor-intensive tasks, Skylake is much better. And Skylake is cheaper)

I
Ilya Rak 30.11.21

Lisstoman
And Skylake is cheaper
if sky is cheaper, then it is better in games. For you have to buy sky. Better yet, what you have.

And yes, what about the heatsink? It has become smaller - the heat per unit area has increased.

L
Lisstoman 30.11.21

Ilya Rak
The transition to sky seems expensive because of the RAM. Overclocked to 4.6GHz with dropsy deepcool captain 240 1100rpm 55-62 in games. Switching from Haswell to Skylake purely for the sake of games is a waste of money, but when assembling a system with 0 Haswell, you may not even consider

M
Mr. Sirocco 30.11.21

After switching to 4790k and 5960x, next time I will change only with PCI-4, and there are new motherboards, etc. If we are talking about games for you, then take the same 4790k and video norms, you will live in peace, the games do not load 100% of any of them.

I
Ilya Rak 30.11.21

Lisstoman
but when building a system from 0
, I have just such an option.

It seems expensive because of the RAM
just unsubscribed in the next topic, which was pleasantly surprised by the prices for ddr4. A set of 4x4GB costs 11k. Given that this is ddr3 or ddr4, it does not matter. These are yulmart prices.

L
Lisstoman 30.11.21

Ilya Rak
Well, if you had a good ddr3 RAM and you decided to switch to a new platform, then you will have to pay 11k for a set of RAM) And if the system is from 0, then there is no difference

I
Ilya Rak 30.11.21

Lisstoman
And Skylake is cheaper
but where is it cheaper? Here in the same yulmart it is from 3k to 5k more expensive than the hasfail.

L
Lisstoman 30.11.21

Ilya Rak
Well, I judged by the price when I collected it myself. Everything came out at 45k, which was 3k cheaper at that time than Haswell. And now sky is more expensive.

I
Ilya Rak 30.11.21

Lisstoman
Well, I judged by the price when I collected it myself,
but you can find out - when was it?

Everything turned out to be 45k,
apparently I did not collect it from scratch. For I now do not work less than 100k.

L
Lisstoman 30.11.21

Ilya Rak
Prots, RAM, motherboard-45k. Collected a little over a month ago.

I
Ilya Rak 30.11.21

Lisstoman
ah-ah, well, I see. And so it goes.
Prots - 16k, ram - 11k, mother 6k. You did even better. Probably, he took i7 for overclocking.

L
Lisstoman 30.11.21

Ilya Rak
percent 25k, mother 12k, 8k oz. I just very well jumped into Yulmart) On average in the city at that time, the mother cost 15, 27 percent, 12.5 percent

I
Ilya Rak 30.11.21

Did
you take Lisstoman under overclocking?

although this is a rhetorical question. I know that YES. Because why then take with the index K. A, judging by the price, it was exactly u7 with K.

L
Lisstoman 30.11.21

Ilya Rak
It was i7-6700k. In the profile, the config if that) 4.6 very easily took, and then I did not drive it, since the temperature rises significantly and it is necessary to increase the speed of dropsy to 1500 rpm, and this is noisy)
In general, it is more than enough in the drain, but I like I'm already used to overclocking everything)

I
Ilya Rak 30.11.21

W3aMisterWinner
Well, in the video - overclocked prots. And if you compare the non-overclocking? And not u7, but u5?

Although I have already realized that I need to take sky.

M
MunchkiN 616 30.11.21

a newer processor is better, however, they say it is worse for overclocking.
in terms of performance, they are naturally better. also ddr4
by and large every 1151 is needed only as support for ddr4 and a newer platform. otherwise their standard is about the same. Well, maybe there will still be mp on this socket with support for 64GB of RAM.
the revolution in productivity might be Broadway, or whatever it might be, or it might not.

I
Ilya Rak 30.11.21

MunchkiN 616
Broadway could be a revolution in performance. What kind of
Broadway? And I have not heard about such prots. I know Broadwell processors. But they: 1) have already come out 2) have not made a revolution 3) this is the previous Skye generation.

L
Lisstoman 30.11.21

Broadwells just with more powerful graphics are coming. These are more laptop processes than desktop ones) In general, in place of Intel, I would remove the video core from 6700k, and put another 6700k crystal in its place (the video core takes up half of the crystal) And there would be a nuclear 8 core. And the Intels have already done this with the first core quad

M
MunchkiN 616 30.11.21

W3aMisterWinner to
save money on the motherboard finally can be the last pitch business
and how to get rid of the lie2011 on average 10 thousand more expensive. 10 thousand back and forth as it is not essential in my opinion pitch. the main thing is this functionality. although it seems like asrok extreme 6+ and gigobuts for 17 kg are not very bad at first glance from those that I quickly found. and on x99, in turn, the asrok formula is for 23 and sun for 24. and another price range for asus sun, all asrok exrim 9 which is not in russia and others.

I
Ilya Rak 30.11.21

So I want to buy myself an i5, and then - an i7 + overclocking. Skylake.

I'm just wondering if I can sell the processor and motherboard in a year (or sooner). Are they a hot commodity for handheld sales? Who knows?