3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
Vaipen 30.11.21 12:38 am

Why rewrite the history of the keyboard and mouse.

I recently read in the net the history of the emergence of a mouse and keyboard. And I noticed an interesting fact. They are described solely as 2 different devices. The origin of the keyboard is attributed to the typewriter, and the mouse is an army development called "Trackball", which, in other respects, did not receive widespread adoption and was sent to the shelf. Then the mouse as a manipulator is referred to only as some obscure clumsy device like a "piston" or a wooden box on rollers. And only then "Epel" is credited with the invention of the prototype of the mouse, which we are accustomed to now. But here is the fact, the "relationship" of these devices for some reason is silent. In the official history, one can only find mention of the fact that control of the mouse cursor from the keyboard was implemented with the "Num Lok" keys. And that's all, the fact that that there were keyboards with the same "trackball" neatly erased from history. But there was an article in the net that the mouse received the status of an "independent device" after it was implemented in the form of the same trackball as part of the keyboard. So why did this happen? And then I came across in the net on the development of "new" keyboards with "sticks", tablets and trackballs as manipulators. Well, we know that new is well forgotten, (and sometimes just cut out) old. keyboards with sticks, tablets and trackballs as manipulators. Well, we know that new is well forgotten, (and sometimes just cut out) old. keyboards with sticks, tablets and trackballs as manipulators. Well, we know that new is well forgotten, (and sometimes just cut out) old.
2 Comments
Sort by:
W
Wing42 30.11.21

I wouldn't have known if you hadn't said.

r
rPeBoJL 30.11.21