3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
sti11man 30.11.21 12:51 am

What do the SE cutscenes tell us? (Devil May Cry 4)

In this thread, I will analyze in detail the plot information that was given to us in the reprint, as I see that many have problems with this. Just like in DMC3SE, only new cutscenes are canonical, and of course the gameplay is not. This is a re-release and we're just running the old levels with new characters, we're done with that.
So, of course, let's start with Virgil, watch his opening:
Spoiler
The first thing they write to us: "Fortuna City, a few decades ago ..." (City of Fortuna, a few decades ago). Back to the events of the original fourth part of course. We see Virgil, hidden by a cloak, walking down the street. He stops and examines the landscape. We see the familiar cathedral, Virgil pensively:
"Order of the Sword, then?" From which it is clear what attracted his attention and why he came to the city. (Unlike Dante, Virgil is actively interested in everything connected with his father.)
Only the statue of Sparda, which is being completed, is shown in close-up, which Dante and Nero will smash many years later.
"Do they worship a demon like a god?"
Small demons appear, Virgil throws off his cloak, we see that he looks about the same as in the times of the third part, then a scene of pretentious destruction with the help of a whole Yamato (he has nothing from other weapons). Having finished, Virgil slowly continues his march:
"What are your true intentions?" - all the same continuing the course of their thoughts.
From the side of the cathedral, the townspeople appear, apparently returning from the service that has ended, a girl stands out from the crowd, who stops and looks after Virgil, clasping her hands to her chest.
Spoiler-future mother of Nero, she cannot be anything else. The first part is finished.

Moving on to the ending theme (turn to 2:17):
Spoiler
It is not known how long he stayed in the city. But he leaves it the same way that he came. We listen to a short monologue:
"Well, I can't say with certainty that they are lost." - it becomes clear that he learned everything that interested him about the Order of the Sword.
"But soon, they will know this devilish power. A power whose greatness they cannot even imagine - the power of the Son of Sparda." - we see that Virgil is still obsessed with power. And he says to himself. Why then soon, and not right now? It is clear from the first cutscene that these events take place before the third part of the game. And Virgil at the end does not go somewhere into the unknown, but is going to raise Temen-ni-gru. So soon.
And the most important thing is the shadow. It is the shadow of Virgil's demonic form. The question is why, in the game itself, they used the old DT design from the third part, although it was clear for a long time that in the fourth part of the game, both Dante's and Virgil's DT received an updated, cooler design? The shadow repeats exactly this updated look, it looks like, if someone does not understand, like this:
Spoilerpix.PlayGround.ru
pix.PlayGround.ru
While everything, I will probably add over time.
20 Comments
Sort by:
d
domenik123123 30.11.21

Where are the comments?

w
wolf1022 30.11.21

What can I say, the comment is good. It is a pity, of course, that they did not show the face of Neuro's mother.

X
Xjax85 30.11.21

sti11man
"City of Fortune, a few decades ago"
What decades!?!? In the 3rd part, Dante and Vergil are 19 years old! What they did for 20 years after 3 and 1 parts, it was possible to rivet the stock of parts. PPC or Capcom is already that))))
Yeah, and Lady, then 40 years old? Tin though. (((

w
wolf1022 30.11.21

Xjax85
Maybe the action unfolds a year or a month before the third part. Virgil killed Dante in the first part, the fourth takes place after the first.

D
Devilniceman 30.11.21

wolf1022
+.

i
ironHAMMER.ms 30.11.21

Don't look for hidden meanings where there are none. Capcoms have long ago put a long bolt on the back in the DMC series.

X
Xjax85 30.11.21

ironHAMMER.ms
Apparently yes, after the departure of Shinji Mikami, it can be seen that not only DMC (((

K
Konstantin Sukhov 30.11.21

Well, everything is clear, Nero is Virgil's son, as they suspected many years ago, Virgil is still dead, xs, however, like the katana at the order, it was also broken, apparently, Virgil broke it in the battle with Mundus and then someone broke it from there he brought the Order to restore.

s
sti11man 30.11.21

wolf1022
Maybe the action unfolds a year or a month before the third part
Yes, the action unfolds right before the events of the third part, I wrote about it:
"Virgil in the end does not go somewhere into the unknown, but is going to raise Temen-ni-
gru " Xjax85
What decades ?
Two decades. This is written only to make it clear: there is enough time for Nero to be born and grow up. And yes, even if in the third part the lady is a girl of 17 years old, it turns out that she is 37 years old. Not such a terrible joint.
ironHAMMER.ms
There is no search for meaning, I just retell what is happening. They made cutscenes based on what they said back in 2009. Yes, the plot is far from the strong point of the game, otherwise they would not have had to cover the white spots with the release of additional text materials.
Konstantin Sukhov
as a katana at the order was
Spoiler The lady is unhappy that they are taking away her job and she offers Dante to figure out what is behind all this. The Order of the Sword is demon hunters who actively study and try to use demonic power (they themselves become demons through experiments, but call themselves angels). Agnus was even able to create several small artificial demonic gates (the city is mainly attacked because of them). It is implied that through this gate they found Yamato, broken by Mundus, who is eventually reborn, like her master.
In general, everything that concerns all this sensitive information - they leave a bunch of clear and unambiguous hints, but they never put a final point.

G
Gabby freez 30.11.21

But I was waiting for Virgil's new devil trigger, well, maybe the modders will file it, Dante and Nero have models.

Y
YamadaUA 30.11.21

Xjax85
Vergu and Dante are not 19 years old in DMC3. Since it says that "2000 years ago the knight Sparda (their father) attacked the human world along with the demons. Blah blah blah. Later he closed the gates and stayed in hell, and before that he spawned twins." That is, at the time of DMC 3 they were already 2000 years old. And since they are half-demons, they are not so susceptible to aging.
And the lady is far from 40 years old. I will not say exactly how many, but between DMC3 and DMC 4 very little time has passed, no more than 5 years.

X
Xjax85 30.11.21

YamadaUA
and before that gave birth to twins "
No, after 2000 years, especially the clear photo of his mother in the office on his desk speaks about this.
Yeah a photo in the ancient world, ahahaha))))

Trish says that Dante lost his mother 20 years ago!

s
sti11man 30.11.21

Yes, Virgil and Dante are aging like ordinary people, otherwise it turns out to be a complete mess. About Sparda, this is the most muddy part of the plot. It is
known that 2000 years ago there was an invasion, Sparda took the side of people, but not because he fell in love, but "woke up to justice", that is. for the sake of all humanity. He sealed the gates all over the world, when he closed the main ones, he sealed all his power with them. After he was revered by humanity in every possible way, he managed to steer cities (if not entire countries) like Fortune, but he quickly disappeared from his eyes, choosing the life of an ordinary person. I met Eve only after almost 2000 years, when this whole story with the invasion became nothing more than a legend. By this time, demons begin to appear in the world again, Sparda mysteriously disappears / dies.

F
FIRE KING 30.11.21

Yes, there are no riddles, Virgil is added, only as a character that can be played AND EVERYTHING. Do not even try to understand when he came to fortune in 10 or 2000 years. I'm sure Capcom just added it, remember DMC 3 SE, there, in general, the game for Virgil explains that he must remove some kind of seal, but this is nonsense and this does not mean that this is the case in the story of the DMC world. Likewise in the DMC 4 SE, this is JUST A NEW PLAYER CHARACTER AND NO MORE.
PS I wrote from the phone in haste, so if there are mistakes, then excuse me.

G
Gabby freez 30.11.21

FIRE KING The
conversation is about videos, they, unlike the gameplay, carry a semantic load. And the fact that the gameplay is not story-driven, as for me it's better than a 40-minute campaign like in DmC

w
wesker906 30.11.21

It seems to me that the events take place at the moment when part 3 begins before starting the hunt for power and finding Dante to pick up the medallion (After all, we only have the phrase "City of Fortune, a few decades ago" But they don't tell us until the day.). Virgil goes for information just in the third, he is looking for strength, similar to the strength of his father, so he needs infa about his father (that is, not even about his father, but how to open the gates to get even more power). And then everything falls into place. Virgil found what he was looking for and more that they are also looking for the power of demons and we have long guessed that Virgil is Nero's father or relative, from here we see a resemblance to a demonic hand and the fact that it was he who was able to connect the two parts of the yamato and restore it. I wonder what will happen if you kill a hundred enemies?) And the most difficult is the difficulty level. MB additional ending? how was it in the usual version when we were shown Dante's lair devil may edge?

D
Devilniceman 30.11.21

wesker906
And here's how for me and an explanation of why Virgil has not aged)

C
CoverlessVega 30.11.21

wesker906
I even specially used a cheat to check. There will be nothing. At the end there will be an inscription "You have killed 99+ enemies"

w
wesker906 30.11.21

CoverlessVega
Yes, unfortunately, I also went through and did not see the additional ending, well, now we are waiting for the 5th part, because maybe it will still be.)

F
Fargo Diablo666 30.11.21

(Russian localization of Soft-Club) Dante: Well ... We take what they give, right?