3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
E
Evil 30.11.21 12:51 am

Maximum load on the first core in games with the Unreal Engine 3

I found out such a problem: playing toys on UE3 (Painkiller Hell & Damnation, Chilvary) after some time (10-15 minutes) the game starts to load the first processor core, others hardly load. Who faced this? Where to look for the roots of the problem?
At the same time, terrible brakes begin.
Reinstalling Windows did not help, I tried different versions of drivers for the video card - there is no effect.
Windows 10 x64
Spoiler
4 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 30.11.21

I do not see iron in the profile.
ye3 has been optimized for multiple cores. and the newer the version of the engine, the more threads it can work in theory for. so there is more likely some kind of software and virus problem

E
Evil 30.11.21

MunchkiN 616
Hardware:
Phenom 1055t 2.8Ghz
GF550Ti 1024MB
Ram 8GB I
installed a clean Windows and put firewood. I did not install any extra software. The problem hasn't gone away.
In other toys, everything is ok.

M
MunchkiN 616 30.11.21

Evil
this processor most likely does not work well in 1-many threads. because similar complaints about low fps were in the shkyrim, which uses 2 threading. Probably the same thing happens here,
and multiprocessor systems usually scatter the process across all cores, however, the fact of loading cannot be faster than the total processor time allows. the only exceptions are special applications.
but since at first everything is fine and then the brakes the problem is not in the hardware part of the pitch.

E
Evil 30.11.21

MunchkiN 616
Thank you for your answer.
Quite a strange problem. I didn’t notice anything like that before.
Even if you start the game and leave it hanging in the main menu, after a while the first core is fully loaded.
I don't know where to dig next.
PS
Skyrim is fine. Yes, even these toys are normally distributed among the cores at first.