3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
Vladimir Platonov 01.12.21 10:24 pm

Issue with Intel HD + Radeon graphics (Fallout 4)

Available 3008 MB
1280MB in use .. Are the
others in use or not?
and is it possible to somehow send them into business ..
I am writing here, because sometimes smart people come across here
13 Comments
Sort by:
M
Marionetco 01.12.21

What intel is your schedule for if you have a radeon? forget about this crap.

A
Alexey Zhary 01.12.21

Vladimir Platonov
You shouldn't bother with it so much. Everything shown goes into action. The specified memory on the screen is actually "virtual video memory" i.e. the specified value of 3008 mb is the maximum and is dynamically expanded due to the computer's RAM. So everything is used.
In fact, it is used by default (if the settings have not changed). Manufacturers are doing this to reduce the power consumption of the laptop, because the discrete video card is very power hungry.

Another thing is that you have another, more powerful Radeon card on your computer. As you have rightly pointed out here - forget about Intel. They cannot work together. Or Intel or Radeon card.
Below I throw links from the official Intel website on the topic of integrated video cards. Everything is described in detail and in detail - where does the memory come from and how to expand it, and whether it should be done at all.
If you don’t know English, you can translate it with a google translator, it’s not difficult there, but I’m too lazy to translate.
http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033984.htm
http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intel915g/sb/CS-011683.htm

Add-on: here is the link in Russian about this topic, I suppose there will be no more questions:
http://www.nb-guide.info/portal/articles/vstroennye-videokarty-ot-intel-v-noutbukax/

V
Vladimir Platonov 01.12.21

Alexey Zhary,
thank you, dear man ... if Intel takes RAM (and can take it in a quantity of almost 3 GB) and the laptop has only 4 RAM ... then the sad news is that it will not be able to work at full capacity, since the game also takes its toll)
it would be at least 8 GB, maybe something would have changed, and so I'll go and see what they write there.
And here's another thing, when I start the games, it says your video card is INTEL, after the launch, a window pops up from Radikov and asks to adjust the graphics to high. performance or low power consumption ...
They push everyone, and you sit there damn it and puzzle over what these gentlemen wanted to say =))
thanks again)
ps it's 3 a.m. outside, I could explain something vaguely

A
Alexey Zhary 01.12.21

The Intel / Radeon bundle has always been buggy, I sympathize with that. If the game is weak (I think that we are talking about Fallout4), then I advise you to remove the shadow settings to zero. This is the first thing that eats video memory the most. In addition, I do not think that this game will run at all on the integrated video card from Intel, most likely it is using radeon.

Z
Zefos 01.12.21

Vladimir Platonov
As for me, built-in video cards are more suitable for work, browsing the Internet and video, and discrete video cards for games. On the built-in video card, if you're lucky, you will run only old games at minimum settings and then with possible problems.

V

Zefos
yeah, now everything fell into place, thanks =)

V

Alexey Zhary
That's interesting what engineers think when they make such bundles ... Intel percents AMD Video ... well, SHO FOR PEOPLE?)
AMD to AMD .. Intel to Zhfors .. No, it was necessary to overpower everything =)) I
'll go cut the shadows ...
In general, thanks.

d
dd300 01.12.21

Put on the minimum wages, she herself will take as much as she needs, but then there will be a problem in something else, the RAM will decrease and the game may not be enough, so it is better to add RAM to max so that and how there is enough RAM for the video

V

dd300
it then so are most minimal salary + more configs in such zeros .. unscrewed and 10Fps still with friezes to 0
all at minimal salary
even minimal salary to the minimal salary
and minimal salary minimalok on minimal salary

Z
Zefos 01.12.21

Vladimir Platonov
Unfortunately AMD Radeon HD 7670M is clearly much weaker than the minimum specified video card GTX 550 Ti.
You can try turning off the antivirus and other unnecessary programs that can load the OS (CPU load, RAM and hard disk load) and perform a full defragmentation.
Even on my GTX 650 fps sometimes drops to 25, although usually 40-60, I play at the minimum settings, I need to wait for patches.

V

Zefos
, I don't even have an antivirus ... it's useless for me or I just don't run to heavily viralized sites =)
about defragmentation, thanks too, I'll do it right now =)

Z
Zefos 01.12.21

Vladimir Platonov
Earlier, in The Witcher 3, I stuck in Novigrad up to 10-15 fps, after defragmentation it became much better, stable 25 fps, even loading the game a little faster.
If you often write / delete a lot of information, especially with small files (games, torrents, etc.), then you cannot do without defragmentation.
Look in the task manager to see if the hard disk is loaded, it should not be loaded when idle.
Spoiler
In laptops, there are usually many running programs of hardware manufacturers.

V

Zefos
disks were 0 percent fragmented =))