3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
E
EShuksh 01.12.21 10:32 pm

Solving black screen problems (Pariah)

It's no secret that Pariah is designed for old AGP video cards. On new vidyuha problems with graphics. So, for example, during explosions from a grenade launcher and at a certain viewing angle, a black or brown screen is observed. Recently I was able to find a solution to this problem on one of the English-language sites. You need to edit the Pariah.ini file by finding (Ctrl + F) the line "HasNVidiaTexM32Tex = 0" and changing its value to "1" (it will be "HasNVidiaTexM32Tex = 1"). In this case, all the graphic settings of the game can be set to the maximum. It worked for me. I ran the game (license) on Windows XP Home SP 3, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 1 GB video card, 310.90 video driver. Probably, this solution is intended only for NVIDIA video cards. There are other options for solving this problem, but with attendant losses. For example, you can set the quality of graphic effects in the game to the minimum level, or buy a used system unit with an old video card (for example, on an old system unit with an ATI Radeon 9800 video card, the game ran at maximum graphics settings without problems, although it slowed down). As for the gameplay, this is a good, in my opinion, rather vigorous dynamic shooter. If anything, Pariah was much more fun for me than the recently released Aliens: Colonial Marines, a game that should have been released in 2004-2005. in my opinion, quite a sprightly dynamic shooter. If anything, Pariah was much more fun for me than the recently released Aliens: Colonial Marines, a game that should have been released in 2004-2005. in my opinion, quite a sprightly dynamic shooter. If anything, Pariah was much more fun for me than the recently released Aliens: Colonial Marines, a game that should have been released in 2004-2005.
3 Comments
Sort by:
s
sashastranik21 01.12.21

thanks! helped me. My 7win 64 screen does not darken! THX

A
Arthur Gromov 01.12.21

Pariah.ini I don't have such a file!

V
Vechnyi Stalker 24.05.22

EShuksh Thank you so much, it helped a lot even after so many years