3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
Val1234567890 01.12.21 11:13 pm

Play as a melee character, your impressions (Fallout 4)

Almost everywhere you can find screenshots and themes dedicated to shooters, good and not so. I played at first with a sniper build too and after 2 hours of play I created a warrior with an ax and now I just bastard from the game.
On the plus side, the acceleration system when running was reworked, in Fallout 3 you were like a fool trying to catch up with the raider, and he ran faster than you with his back.
An interesting feature has been added, I have been testing for a long time and now I can say for sure that when overclocking (without power armor), if you hit the enemy, then the damage increases significantly. I was very impressed by this, since I play without power armor and with a folding knife without watts I spread a crowd of raiders in seconds, of course, heavily armored ones take more time.
Haven't tested stealth yet.
Of course, some will write what is better with a shotgun or something else, but here it is a matter of taste and playing for the melee has become much more interesting than foul 3.
I also liked that if a super mutant kamikaze is running at you, then you just take him into the crowd of his friends and hide behind another mutant, there is a very high probability that the damage from the explosion will be much less and at the same time we will put everyone.
This is not all the impressions, I will add them in this thread if you are interested.
16 Comments
Sort by:
A
Artyom Logarev 01.12.21

Val1234567890
fucking, I also want to pass for a neighbor with a machete or a sword for the second time; with crits and maybe on stealth there you can collect build norms))

F
Flow4Master 01.12.21

And you haven’t tried to use the personalized fluffs of BB, there are some very interesting ones.
Problems with BB can appear when opponents in power armor and melee synths attack.

V
Val1234567890 01.12.21

. used names, against synths there is a sword that increases damage to robots, more difficult opponents require the use of watts. And the most difficult thing is not to catch a shot from a fat man))

V
Val1234567890 01.12.21

By the way, there is one interesting food, if it works out I will make a screen in the evening, I killed 2 death claws in watts with a lead riser for 300 damage

T
Topol45 01.12.21

playing for a melee player has become much more interesting than foul 3.
And to shoot is how much more interesting than a foul 3.

C
Cold light 01.12.21

Val1234567890 Have you completed the
quest to storm Fort Independence? I have little idea of ​​what can be done there in battle with a melee officer, so my melee officer pulled out a laser carbine presented by the BS and started firing. Or what to do with the same stormtrooper, he incinerates me as soon as he sees ... and then there is the king of swamps.
As a whole, I got a build that gravitates towards melee weapons, but situationally gets another weapon: for example, a sniper with a silencer, in order to knock out the combat fuse from the turret with one shot and force it to attack its own, thereby weakening the position of the enemy; or a 10 mm rapid-fire pistol with attachments, so that after bugging a serious enemy, you can shoot at him without stopping.
By the way, about the features: an interesting feature is implemented in the game: if you injure the enemy both legs, then he will sit on his butt straight and will sit. This also applies to opponents in power armor, and ghouls and synths and death claws and radscorpions and legendary raiders. The profit from this is huge, (but you have to be careful with synths, those without legs can continue to shoot). Therefore, I carry the mount with me with bonus damage to the limbs along with the Tooth of Kremw. Another interesting melee piece was an irradiated ax (+50 radiation damage) and a chilling crowbar: critical attacks freeze opponents.

V
Val1234567890 01.12.21

there was an assault on the fort, to be honest, it was only the uterus that strained me there, and then it was distracted by other minutemans and it was time to run off to eat a fried cockroach, regen action points and go into battle. Sorry, but I didn't even think about getting another weapon besides a crowbar and a knife. The only thing that would be useful to all melee men is a sniper rifle, since there are no binoculars in the game, and guard turrets sometimes hang high, and the character cannot attack in a jump either)

S
Slayerz85 01.12.21

I play melee, drugs (psycho-buff) + cleaver with stun = gg, in case there is a crowd, there is a deflated carbine. This is all without power armor ... with it, I think it will be much easier, it will be possible to break into the crowd.

V
Val1234567890 01.12.21

Slayerz85
takes the highest league level 4 perk and with acceleration you fly into the crowd (without power armor), the perk works crookedly, it turned out to put two people from acceleration at once. And of course, aim at the eye of the Lord)

S
Slayerz85 01.12.21

Val1234567890
heard that this perk is buggy ... will need to be tested

V
Val1234567890 01.12.21

By the way, I made a screen, or is it a bug, or it should be, eat yaogai meat (see screen), change weapons in pip battle and here ... 610 damage hatchet oO

Spoiler

S
Slayerz85 01.12.21

yes, I know a buff with meat, I had something about 450 maximum on the sledgehammer, I missed Grognak's ax, by the way, I must return for it)

V
Val1234567890 01.12.21

I tested the melee stealth a bit, when I figured it out it became very interesting. I must say right away that it is obligatory to take 9 dexterity and at least 4 strength. 3 lvl blacksmith, you can make an improvement on a military knife to damage in stealth mode. The "blitz" perk (9 dexterity) works in stealth, now it is not necessary to sneak straight to the back, but you can set all targets in watts mode and jump between them, those targets that do not notice the character will receive increased damage. And of course, it is advisable to find epics to increase damage to targets with full health and reduce the cost of OD

S
Slayerz85 01.12.21

and I have a knack for 1)))))

s
saa0891 01.12.21

I just have excellent impressions, it's so nice to attack enemies with a superhammer, when out of stealth, the damage is colossal in general (and this despite the fact that I have not yet pumped the lumberjack perk), I have already pumped the ability that deals damage to all enemies at once so they fall in batches, in general I like close combat , you also put a block and dudes in touch.

By the way, who knows if there is something more powerful than a superhammer, I also have it pumped for electricity, I wish I could find the legendary.

V
Val1234567890 01.12.21

saa0891
How are you with the armored targets? Is the hammer better? And then I have a sound like I hit the teapot with a kitchen knife and the same effect))