3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
l
lock10100 01.12.21 11:13 pm

Influence of add. on. (Fallout 4)

After playing 20 hours in the game, it became necessary to rearrange the system. All these 20 hours were comfortable, no brakes and other things, with certain settings and edited .INI files. Naturally, I copied the saves and all the "initials" (made a screen of the launcher settings), rearranged the system , and then the game, copied back the previously saved files. That is, he took it very seriously to ensure that everything was the same as before the rearrangement of the operating system.
And now, having done everything "right", starting the game and with the eyes of a cat from Shrek, I observe the brakes and mouse sliding (like on ice, I think). Before reinstalling the system, the game flew even at higher graph settings (ALL settings and and in general the general state of the game is SAME as before. It's just some kind of metaphysics (.
So the question is: can the absence of any software, which was previously installed, and is now absent, affect the performance of F4?
Shl. of course all sorts of DX, NetFrame .., Visual + ... are installed. I hope for the help of competent and knowledgeable people. Or maybe someone came across ...
11 Comments
Sort by:
A
Alllex236 01.12.21

lock10100 did
you run the game without the initials that you saved? if not, a possible reason, try to remove the initiators and run without them, then install, or reinstall the game and run it on a "clean" one without anything, if it's a lick, then you can just check the cache

l
lock10100 01.12.21

SonyK.
The OS itself is the same, but some updates are missing, probably. The firewood is also the same. The axis is the same as the firewood from the supplier's original disks (Aquarius). Rearranged because of "picked up .ovna." I thought at the same time with the system, the game will accelerate.
Alllex236
The first time I started the game with an empty folder, so that the game would create a folder of saves and these pair of initials. Then I just replaced it.

I put firewood under F4 - 358.91, and also rolled back to the previous version (which was on that Windows). Framework` and put it in turn .... I did it in order, not at random. I would do it all over again, I don’t it’s difficult, if only it’s as comfortable as it used to be. Just to know for sure whether something from the OS itself can affect the performance? overconfidence lets me down, and I'm missing something in the settings.
Screenshots can't lie ... On the other hand, I could have taken them "at the wrong time." It's probably easier to set everything up from scratch.
I'll check your advice. Thank you guys.

A
Alllex236 01.12.21

lock10100
try to enter the nvidia control panel
global parameters
power management mode
select here the mode of preference for maximum performance

, after updating the firewood, this parameter flew to me and not a single game that had flown before wanted to plow (

Z
ZlobnyDed 01.12.21

I rearranged Windows several hours ago. I put the ancient stripped-down seven. All unnecessary things that can hang in the system, but which almost no one uses, have been cut out. I installed the last firewood, installed all the libraries, installed the game, immediately threw in antifreeze with a pre-edited inik, put the saves back in place and went into the game. There are no lags at all, I haven't visited the always freezing places yet, but the rest of the map and the rooms behave just fine. And the transitions load much faster. Fraps has not installed it yet, I will not say about FPS, but so far it feels very comfortable to play. Ultra settings, only shadows are set to minimum and motion blur is disabled. I hate this effect. Maybe you just forgot something? Swap file, for example?

l
lock10100 01.12.21

ZlobnyDed By the
way! Motion blur, how can I turn it off? In the settings, it seems not, but I don’t remember what to prescribe in inishniki and I can’t find it in any way. And what kind of antifreeze?

And one more thing: what should be in the folder with the initials (in the user's documents)? The "save" folder, F4Prefs.ini and F4.ini and that's all? and the second is generally some kind of "ControlMapCustom.TXT", yes, yes, some kind of text file 0o. They are created every time you start. What a mess ... (

I also noticed that sometimes the game resets the iPresentInterval = 0 to 1 by default (the line is responsible for unlocking fps, if you remember). Only this parameter is reset, all the others remain the same as I set. The file attributes, of course, were set for reading both before, and after, and during ... I just feel lucky (

ps Contents of the "Fallout4Custom.ini" file:

[Display]
iLocation X = 0
iLocation Y = 0

Z
ZlobnyDed 01.12.21

lock10100
With the files on the C drive, I have the same parsley, I didn't pay attention to them, but just threw them back together with the saves. Antifreeze here: http://www.playground.ru/files/fallout_4_enboost_0_282-109079/
I didn’t do more than 60 FPS for two reasons. Even if it sags from 60 to 20-30, it is very noticeable and the feeling is unpleasant. And if it starts to sink from 80-90 to 20? Yes, I will vomit from such changes. And the second reason is that the higher the FPS, the higher the speed of the game itself and all movements in it becomes. The feeling that the video was put on accelerated playback. It is unpleasant in itself, but together with drawdowns it can be tough. I raised the settings gradually until I realized that the game was running at ultras. With shadows to the fullest, however, I did not even try, because. they are guaranteed to eat FPS, I didn't want to restart the game once again to make sure of this. Here are my settings. Motion blur is turned off stupidly with a daw

One more thing. Antifreeze therefore has such a name that it removes friezes, and not simple FPS drawdowns, as many hope.

l
lock10100 01.12.21

I already have a roof going! I decided in general all the same to see how many frames the game produces. Put Fraps. Put everything at a minimum, I go. Fraps on the street, in the light gives 15-17 FPS, in the shade or in rooms 25-31. I go out, put absolutely everything on ultra, put all the checkboxes, in general, everything, everything, everything to the maximum. And what do I see? Nothing has changed !! 0o. Shouldn't there be a decrease in FPS under the load of video and operatives? But here all the same 17 in the light and 25-31 in the room. How? What then is the reason, if not in the load of the system? I didn’t change only the resolution, which I have 1280x1024 with a 4: 3 monitor (other resolutions are not suitable in principle).
Where's the catch, damn it? (((

Z
ZlobnyDed 01.12.21

Well, it has been noticed for a long time that the settings do not affect anything if the computer fits at least approximately the minimum wage. If you are interested, you can read this creation http://www.playground.ru/blogs/fallout_4/vladeltsam_kart_ot_amd-170139/, there all my experiments are described, and people wrote their opinions. The patch has to wait. And if you had a game before, then remember that you did not install it. Check the processes in the manager, check the paging file, install the latest libraries.

I have another problem, more stupid. I can not make a screen so that the FPS is displayed on it. I guess I didn't mark this in the fraps, but I don't understand how to turn it on, for the life of me

l
lock10100 01.12.21

ZlobnyDed
Damn, I finally found the reason! It's banal - firewood. I put them, but then I forgot, in the process of dancing, that I rolled back to the previous ones. Now I installed it again, and immediately it became visible visually how they changed the lighting and so on. below 35 does not fall. How could I burst like that, because I was sure that the firewood was normal. 358.91 whql, which, after all, they are adapted for F4, SC2Lotv and new StarWars. At night, the boiler cooks, of course, worse, and the memory is probably asleep.

I'm not an expert on fraps, but try to run it in the window, then the print screen should sort of take a picture of the entire desktop, and then paint it. Can help ...
In general, we save memory and the brain as a whole, guys)) Thank you, my friend ZlobnyDed. and to everyone who responded, of course!

Z
ZlobnyDed 01.12.21

lock10100
This is normal, I myself was sure that I had the last firewood, but it turned out that there are those that are even older than the last ones I downloaded. Out of habit, I set it, you see) Well done, that figured out. By the way, I also found how to enable FPS overlay on the screen. Google Translate works wonders for those who have studied German)

l
lock10100 01.12.21

I don’t know about German, but I’ll translate it from English). You’re just superb, grandpa)