3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Seanbot 02.12.21 12:39 am

RAM problem (8 gigs) (Fallout 4)

Hello everyone, if the topic has already been, I apologize, dig into the bastard at night)
In general, the essence of the problem: at the beginning of the game I sat calmly, played for more than 3 days in the game, opened most of the locations, just got into Diamond City, everything is fine, no lags, no crashes.
But recently I started to notice jams, after a while an error flies on the desktop, they say, there is not enough RAM in order to avoid data loss, close the Fallout 4 application, it was not there before, the beginning appears after arriving closer to the "Constitution" location (flying ship ) after that it began to appear everywhere, after some time in the game.
8 gigs of operatives, 2 gig gtx 660, no overheating, no swap file, I release the RAM before the game (close antiviruses, etc.) is it possible to somehow solve this problem? no if it just swore that there is not enough memory, but after a while the game just crashes to the desktop without errors, when you press ESC or when you open a pip-boy.
Thank you in advance for your response)
6 Comments
Sort by:
B
BoB_Er 02.12.21

Put some kind of program to view the workload (like msi afterburner) if in truth 8 gigs are eaten, then put the swap file or buy it. Well, you can check PeKu for viral infection and so on.

S
Seanbot 02.12.21

BoB_Er
checked, all together eats 6 gigs, I could not pick up viruses, because I sit in the game all the time)
I'll try to add a swap file in the morning, how much can I add if 8 gigs?

B
BoB_Er 02.12.21

Seanbot
Well, try 8 too, or let the system decide how much.

D
Domian83 02.12.21

Seanbot
You don't have it at all or what? If not, then start with 1.5-2. GB. and ascending.
BoB_Er
Too much is not good, but it is generally undesirable to decide for yourself , load the HDD.

Y
Yamaguchi-gumi 02.12.21

Seanbot
Turn on the swap file, put it on the system's choice. It makes sense to disable it if the operatives are 16 or more.

S
Seanbot 02.12.21

Everything, thanks to everyone for the answers) I put it at the discretion of the system (8) and played quietly all day!)