3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
l
lordadwaw 02.12.21 12:39 am

How to completely disable shadows in falout 4 (Fallout 4)

How to completely disable shadows in falout 4
8 Comments
Sort by:
b
bbalthazar 02.12.21

Kol55 was
asked how to completely disable them, and not an alternative solution to the problem, if it can be called a solution at all.

S
Snowfrost 02.12.21

bbalthazar In the game config, located in the Fallout 4 folder, you can find lines related to shadows (I don't remember exactly which ones) and assign them the values ​​"0". Save the changes and put the article "read only" in the document properties. But I'll tell you right away that when I tested this disabling of shadows, other problems appeared, or rather a problem. In the game itself, after loading, all textures, environments, persons, etc. became black and loaded normally only after 5-10 seconds. And with sharp turns of the camera the same thing. Therefore, I forgot about disabling the shadows

K
Kol55 02.12.21

bbalthazar
Why didn't you give an answer? Smart ass.

M
MunchkiN 616 02.12.21

set rendering distance to 1 (by default at ultras 20000)
resolution to 128
all shadow parameters with u prefix to 1,
this will actually turn them off and less likely the engine will not understand.

b
bbalthazar 02.12.21

Kol55 is
just unlike other clever guys, I also, on the question - how to turn off shadows

b
bbalthazar 02.12.21

I installed SnowFrost , and also disabled some options there, everything works as it should, only FPS did not add to me, which is strange

K
Kol55 02.12.21

bbalthazar
I'm happy for you.

C
CrazyCatNear 02.12.21

lordadwaw

I put in the Fallout4.ini file
-
(iShadowMapResolutionPrimary) = 512.0 Search
without brackets, just the site erases letters.

And in both Fallout4Prefs.ini Files
-
iShadowMapResolution = 512

Nothing blurry , light / lighting is fine ... you can set it to 256, try (or 128).