3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
m
marshallugntu 04.12.21 10:38 pm

The question of assembling a system unit

Good day to all.
I continue to think about the prospects for upgrading the computer.
There was an idea to buy a separate motherboard + percent + vidyuhu for the same amount instead of a conditional system unit for conditional 40k and use the existing case, power supply unit, hdd, operative, drive. The power supply unit is old (as the computer of 2011 purchase already wrote), but the power of 500W, according to the power calculators, 500W is enough for such a config: 8-core amd fx series, video R7 370, 4x4GB ddr3, hdd and a middle-class motherboard. The profit is obvious: due to savings on power supply, RAM and hdd - more powerful percent and video. What are the disadvantages in your opinion? And in general, is it worth making such a manipulation.
36 Comments
Sort by:
m
marshallugntu 04.12.21

Kosh13
well, yes. just buy a new motherboard))

K
Kosh13 04.12.21

marshallugntu
Just kidding. Do not worry. Motherboards from a gigabyte are very easy to update.

m
marshallugntu 04.12.21

Kosh13
approx. I'm already reading :)

S
Shadows3D 04.12.21

marshallugntu
need to google on the offsite and only there :)! Sewing without any problems at all, you will not break it because there is DualBIOS â„¢, only the hygiene has a stupid attitude to BIOS flashing - they off. declare that the guarantee disappears :(

K
Kosh13 04.12.21

Shadows3D
The dude has a 5 year old motherboard. What guarantee can there be?

S
Shadows3D 04.12.21

Kosh13
:) maybe they sold him recently?
marshallugntu
and I'll tell you right away - the cooler that goes by default to the fx8350 can be immediately sent to the trash can ...

K
Kosh13 04.12.21

As for the cooler, by the way, yes. Better to take a good one.

m
marshallugntu 04.12.21

Shadows3D
Kosh13 is
not guaranteed :) sistemnik 2011 build. Is it easy to select a cooler by socket?

S
Shadows3D 04.12.21

marshallugntu
why else? there is a clear stump on the socket :) the larger the tower the better, my percent is the same miracle - the Zalman CNPS10X cooler, the percent above 45 degrees does not heat up, but in general the manufacturer is a matter of taste

K
Kosh13 04.12.21

marshallugntu
Read reviews for each specific model. And read carefully. The manufacturer is not very important here. Zalman is good but the price bites.
And so you can take some Aerocool. In general, look at finance.
And don't forget the thermal paste.

m
marshallugntu 04.12.21

Kosh13
Shadows3D
bummer, not supported by my motherboard percent (
http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=3754

S
Shadows3D 04.12.21

marshallugntu
try to contact the service of those. support or ask a question on their forum, but in general, if you have a mother rev3.1, then she holds the FX-6300 vishera C0, everything should work, well, maybe you will need to dance with a tambourine

L
LEFT FOR DTF 04.12.21

percent 4 cores at 3.2
each , but for example there are 8 at 3.5 www.dns-shop.ru/catalog/i144411/processor-amd-fx .. how

long have our performance been measured by the number of cores and frequency?

and it is also important to know the efficiency of the power supply. otherwise it can be written 500, but in fact even 400 will not be.

K
Kosh13 04.12.21

marshallugntu
http://www.gigabyte.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86662

m
marshallugntu 04.12.21

Kosh13
honestly did not understand the expert's final answer. does not support? I’m not on the list

K
Kosh13 04.12.21

marshallugntu
No F5G update data listed. Search separately