3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Lelis81 04.12.21 10:38 pm

PhysX in ETS 2 (Euro Truck Simulator 2)

Recently, in the vastness of YouTube, I came across a video in which crash tests of trucks are carried out, as I understood on the Physics engine (in this video, the trucks are damaged). Question: where can you find this mod, does it even exist? Actually, I drive carefully, but anything happens, in my opinion this mod would add realism to the game.
24 Comments
Sort by:
M
Matroskin 04.12.21

lelis81
This is a fake, the objects are just taken from the game and transferred to another engine

L
Lelis81 04.12.21

Matroskin
I understand that the game engine does not support this, and it is unrealistic to screw Physics into it?

M
Matroskin 04.12.21

lelis81
No

L
Lelis81 04.12.21

Matroskin
It's a pity, at least the pollution was allowed, otherwise the tractor after several trips looks like it had just come from the passenger compartment :(

S
SlavikSD 04.12.21

lelis81
This is not a mod, this is a different game engine. ETS is powered by Prism3D. Quite ancient and limited in parameters. And on the video is the PhysX engine.

M
Matroskin 04.12.21

lelis81 There
will be dirt) Will be released approximately together with ATS

L
Lelis81 04.12.21

Matroskin
Good news! Thanks for answers ;)

L
Lelis81 04.12.21

SlavikSD
Unfortunately it is!

S
SlavikSD 04.12.21

Matroskin
Do you think ATS will change the engine? Quote from the classics: "... I am tormented by vague doubts ...")))

M
Matroskin 04.12.21

SlavikSD
No, the same)) even right now you can see dirt on the wheels on the screens of ATS
Look at the tread, there are screenshots with dirty tires and clean ones
http://pix.playground.ru/american_truck_simulator/1321557/
http: // pix .playground.ru / american_truck_simulator / 1321554 /

S
SlavikSD 04.12.21

Matroskin
Sorry for the meticulousness: "No, the same" or "Not the same"?))

M
Matroskin 04.12.21

SlavikSD
The engine is the same as on ATS)

S
Stalin5014 04.12.21

SlavikSD
Same engine for ets and ats. Although with the growing popularity of this game, it is strange that they did not change it.

S
SlavikSD 04.12.21

Stalin5014
So this is the feature of the developers. Why change the engine, after all. And serious costs. Therefore, we go to the popular and the old engine)))

v
vovangt4 04.12.21

lelis81
The engine of the 1999 game, in principle, does not support such physics and that is why it is not damaged and there is stone mud and snow!

v
vovangt4 04.12.21

Matroskin
Zhen nobody will change the engine! They will simply replace clean textures with dirty ones, this is not a problem.

M
Matroskin 04.12.21

vovangt4
How the breakdown is displayed in TDU2 can be done, the engines are essentially the same, they just really need to kill a year to do this (so that it works without bugs, like a normal product), but it is not profitable for them, since while they will do a realistic destructible trucks, half of the fans will leave them, since there will be essentially no updates, and the fact that let them change the engine as half says is also not profitable, since they know their engine, and buying and selling on a new one will take a lot of time. but they want to eat, so let them work on what they have, there Activision, which is working on Call of Duty, has been tormenting its engine for 10 years :) And in Need for Speed: Shift, the crumpled ones were originally modeled, as in GTA SA. it's just that after touching the bump stop, for example, they change their shape from even to a curve :)

M
Matroskin 04.12.21

vovangt4
For example, I know how to make an off-road road with realistic stones, but there is no time and my fantasy is all exhausted because I want to make a normal competitive project, and not some kind of beta version

v
vovangt4 04.12.21

Matroskin
Here you are wrong! In TDU 2, an improved engine of 2006 from TDU 1 and, unlike the ancient Prism3d, it also supports large limitless maps, for example, in TDU, you will not fall into an abyss after leaving the road, and modern graphics with not high requirements! Because ets2 has graphics from 2010 and below and it loses to TDU 2! In TDU 2 it was built on the Havok physics engine and it supports a lot, and if ETS2 were built on this engine, then the mud would be liquid like in TDU2 and the water would not be stone and the effects would not be as primitive as in ETS.

L
Lelis81 04.12.21

Matroskin
The fact is that the trucks are licensed, and no manufacturing plant, which gave permission to use his brand in the game, will not allow their offspring to be damaged.