3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Dragonbors 05.12.21 01:20 am

Lags for no reason are a sign of something bad. (Fallout 4)

After 15-60 minutes of the game (in different ways), the FPS will sit down, and no longer get up until the game is restarted.
Prots FX-8320
Video R9 280x for 3GB
8GB of RAM.
Oddly enough, but on the ultra in cities, the minimum FPS is 40-35. but as I wrote above, after some time spent in the game, the FPS falls (regardless of the graphics settings). I thought the computer was overheated, but during the game the temperature did not exceed 50 degrees. Did anyone have the same problem? Who knows the solutions?
6 Comments
Sort by:
V
Viczum 05.12.21

Yes, there is, well, my PC is weak for this game, it can just go for 10-15 minutes, but then the slide show starts and as a result the picture freezes. I think that there is not enough RAM, it clogs up during this time and terrible lags and freezes begin.
Prots I5-750
Video GTX560
4GB RAM

R
RussPAIr 05.12.21

My fps sat down (there were brakes) only until the restriction was removed, although the game itself automatically set everything to ultra (in the game, the developers set 30, with such a frequency there is no comfort, and the power of the system is not revealed). Although the system is based on i5 3570 and gtx 970 (8 gigs and ssd), all games go to ultra. After the following settings, everything is fine and the picture is smooth without brakes in any location.

Go to the root folder of Fallout 4
Find the Fallout4Prefs.ini file and open it with notepad.
Find the iPresentInterval parameter and change it from 0 to 1.
In the settings of the nvidia or amd video card, set the limit to 60 frames. (Vertical sync in the game too). If the limit on the game is not set, then the FPS will be higher (I checked it, it gave out for 100, but there are crashes, the game may crash, etc.)
Ready.

B
Boss_Timurchik 05.12.21

Dragonbors
I have fx8320, gtx 770 4gb well, and 8 GB of RAM, well, say what to sit down and does not rise, I can’t say it just jumps from 40 to 60 but there are drawdowns up to 20 in shootouts and in the quick activation of VATS, and well, the settings

can be you sit down because of the fps video card

R
RussPAIr 05.12.21

Probably not, r9 with 3 gigs is quite a good card, and it should pull this game without problems and with a margin, the processor is also good, the first option is hard, well, the second most commonplace is Drava, update for the latest beta, or vice versa if updated and slows down, rollbacks. Just look at the direct, you can roll back the old one.
I also advise you to look at the dispatcher when the brakes start, to see what is loading the system.
In principle, if your computer is technically normal, then systemically it can be the other way around, maybe Windows can be blunt, you can find a lot of small jambs. Try the above.

R
Reddington1371 05.12.21

Lags for no reason are a sign of foolishness) I'm sorry I could not resist) I have the same way. 4GB of RAM. I tested it and she scores up to 97 percent. The swap file is on max. I'm going to put up to 8GB and see what happens

D
Dragonbors 05.12.21

IMPORTANT INFA !!! If you have such a problem, then you can solve it simply by updating the drivers for your video card. It helped me. Good luck to everyone in the game.