3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
StilCat 05.12.21 01:51 am

Improving FPS stability via Alt + Enter (Far Cry 4)

There were problems due to strange twitching of the camera when you turn sharply. And there is also a frame limitation (that is, you look in one direction 30fps in the other 60).
And so you need to do this during the game, press Alt + Enter (in window mode) and return to full screen again. It helped me and the game became even smoother.
This feature still exists in AC Black Flag.
Plz write whether it helped you or not.
16 Comments
Sort by:
H
Heksenpey 05.12.21

StilCat
Th for stupidity ... your computer is a loser, so it seems to you that supposedly helped ...

S
StilCat 05.12.21

facepalm, have you even tried it? I'm not asking the trolls to unsubscribe, but who really made this trick.

D
DozoRRR 05.12.21

nazhdachka
Trey4rch
This is not stupidity, I do not know how in FC4, in AC Black Flag this feature worked 100%

p
punck 05.12.21

cut down the simulation of the fur.

S
StilCat 05.12.21

Proofs!

I have no reason to deceive I write as it is. My computer Intel i5 3570k 8g oper 7870hd

H
Heksenpey 05.12.21

StilCat
do you even understand what you write? on the contrary, with the transfer to the WINDOW MODE, PC RESOURCES ARE LOADED MORE, because the game, the desktop and more are loaded with this!

H
Heksenpey 05.12.21

StilCat
generally download the latest patch and that's it, you just download fps

S
StilCat 05.12.21

+ Another American talks with proofs here of course Black Flag, but the principle is the same.

D
DozoRRR 05.12.21

Trey4rch
This stupidity does not add fps in the game, but it eliminates sharp jumps in fps from 60 to 30. I had this in Black Flag, after these manipulations, the fps was smooth in the region of 40-60

m
mister611 05.12.21

Damn it)) Really simple Alt + Enter manipulation restores normal fps.
Thanks StilCat! +
Previously, for normal FPS in the game, I was engaged in disabling and enabling vert. synchronization and triple buffering, but I tried just after entering the game to press Alt + Enter a couple of times - the same effect: a consistently high FPS.
The "subtleties" of the settings of this game never cease to amaze)) But the game is good and the micro-inconvenience of the settings is not a hindrance.
People, before minus the author of the topic, check it yourself, a really simple manipulation helps, although it remains a mystery why.

nazhdachka
Trey4rch - at least try it yourself for a start, otherwise you have already posted the topic with objections, you are trying to make a fool out of a person. Delov something to check ..)) Everything works her-hoo! ))

S
StilCat 05.12.21

mister611
Scientific explanation) There is no vert sync in window mode. And so you turn on and off vert sync via Alt + Enter.

m
mister611 05.12.21

StilCat
Well, something like that)) The main thing works, although sometimes the game immediately loads normally, without cutoffs of FPS, generally not boring))

A
Alamut95 05.12.21

This vertical sync works so strangely. I still had such garbage in Black Flag, the fps fell sharply from 60 to 30 frames (there was no such thing before), minimizing and expanding the game helped, then everything returned to normal, the fps was already from 50 to 60. I'm now playing FC 4, here is the same, I could not get the vert. synchronization worked fine without these manipulations.

S
Sidorovich12 05.12.21

How to disable the hated Depth Of Field? We need exactly how to turn off this effect, not post-processing, rays, anti-aliasing, and so on. Maybe someone knows? I just picked up the clearest picture in any century without soap, but damn this DOF ​​spoils all my efforts, blurring the picture at the most inopportune moment .. Maybe someone knows?
And further. How can I turn off auto brightness in the game? When you go into dark places, the brightness increases, when you go outside, the brightness drops sharply. This is not a monitor, but a game. This is not the case in other games. It's just that my eyes hurt from the frequent changes in the brightness of the image.

P
Paul_SH 05.12.21

Sidorovich12
Only in the game settings and in the GamerProfile.xml config you cannot achieve this. You need to unpack the patch.dat file and manually edit several nested configs, then pack it back (this is how mods are done).
Read more here: "The weapon in the hands is still blurry"

S
Sidorovich12 05.12.21

Paul_SH
Well, in Mass Effect 2 ~ 3 there were no such settings either, but nevertheless I picked it out from the configs inside the game itself. The main thing is to know where it all lies, but how to change this is the tenth thing ..
By the way, thanks for the tip. Found information about what file you need and how to unpack it. I dug out and changed what I needed. Big ATP.