3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
Nikita Kostyuchenko 05.12.21 02:44 am

GTX 960 4Gb vs. Radeon R9-280X

Guys, help me with the choice! The difference in price, as I looked, is about 2 thousand, well, the performance of the R9 is a little better, and even then not everywhere. The bus is in "Red" 384 bits, so 3 gig will really be present there, and in "Green" -128 bits, that if 2 gigs still revealed, then about 4 gigs there are already doubts. I'm looking at the 4 gig version for a swing for the future, I hope 2-3 years will be enough for ultra settings, well, though with limited anti-aliasing; I have a 1600x900 monitor, then the resources will not be so bad. Well, with the 960 everything is much better than I thought, it seems like it becomes deeply purple at these 128 bits. And the PSU. I have 450W, it seems to me, there will be problems with AMD, i.e. Because the consumption of NVIDIA is 60-70 watts less. It seems that all arguments lead to NVIDIA, but something keeps me going. Help plz, if there are masters of this two miracles, unsubscribe and tell us the advantages and disadvantages.
3 Comments
Sort by:
N
Nikita Kostyuchenko 05.12.21

And write about the AMD temperature, it seems to me that just such impressions of the stoves of 2007 remained, so they drove it into my head, well, this is just my subjective opinion, because I have r7 240 (Therefore, I take a new XD video card) the temperature is in a simple 30-32 degrees, which personally suits me quite well. And what about the drivers.

M
MunchkiN 616 05.12.21

GTX 960 4Gb vs. Radeon R9-280X
I hope for 2-3 years there will be enough
ahahahaha
, I have a 1600x900 monitor,
it just reduces the requirements by 1.5-2
bp 450 W, maybe it will drag 960 but I would not check and it seems like 400 W is written on Nvida, but here it is more curled from the model and from the rest of the computer. In principle, it should pull one 6-peak card, but 280x is no longer there.
with a narrow video card bus, sneeze deeply on it if its performance belongs to the 30 + fps class. more from this card is not necessary. at the moment 960 is optimized for games better than the card from the radeon. and what will happen next is unknown. and the shader unit at 280 is thicker, so the card should be better than heavy graphons. but in practice the architecture cannot be directly compared.
so most likely if you want a simple low end card without dancing with a tambourine and under the conditionally average settings in this resolution, it is better to turn to 960 4GB

N
Nikita Kostyuchenko 05.12.21

MunchkiN 616
Even I bow down too
But this is not a low end, this is a middle class