3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
MrGryaz 05.12.21 02:55 am

Windows 10 (slows down the start menu)

Good evening, I ran into a small problem in Win10, namely, if the computer works for more than 4 hours, then the start menu opens with a delay of 2 seconds and the search function does not work (that is, you open the start menu and write a command for example regedit), the problem is solved by rebooting the system! on the Internet, it seems like I found a solution, but I did not quite understand what to include - point 3 is not specifically clear. See instructions below.

Problem Description

When opening Start Menu under system built-in Administrator account in Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 9926 installed, there is no respond.

Note: UAC should be turned on.

Solution

Enable the Group Policy: User Account Control: Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account.

1. Open Run, type secpol.msc, Press Enter.

2. Expand the following items by sequence: Local Policies Security Options

3. Find the policy and switch its status to Enabled.

4. Logoff built-in Administrator account and login again.

Note: Sometimes other user accounts may also encounter the similar problem, we can try to use the command below to register APP component for test:

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$ ($ _. InstallLocation) AppXManifest.xml"}

Applies to

Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 9926
5 Comments
Sort by:
E
Eroppo 05.12.21

MrGryaz
did not quite understand what to include - point 3 is not specifically clear
Screenhttp: //f6.s.qip.ru/2Q3rLmQP.jpg

M
MrGryaz 05.12.21

eroppo
Thanks a lot ! I post - Note: UAC should be turned on. I guessed about the accounts, but yesterday I did not find what exactly to poke.

L
LebedevAT 05.12.21

Author, did it help? I just can't see how enabling UAC on the built-in admin should fix the problem.
And so he himself faced a similar one.

b
blacob 05.12.21

The same problem, but for this I will not include the South African Republic, are there any other ways?

L
Locker_N 05.12.21

I reinstalled the top ten for the second time and everything is ok already