3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
f
flash_thompson 09.12.21 01:01 am

High latency of RAM

I create a new post because the old one is no longer entered. High latency about 100. Asus Tuf Gaming laptop with 8 GB of RAM (replaced 6 by 8) in a single channel. I absolutely do not know what to do, it lags what, in fact, should not be on any settings. Tk laptop overclocking operatives is impossible. Processor and graphics card: Ryzen 5 3550H Graphics card: GTX 1650 4GB.

10 Comments
Sort by:
G
Georgy Timoshin 09.12.21

Ale people, you yourself wrote that one channel, what you want, so it should be. Set the second bar if possible.

f
flash_thompson 09.12.21

Georgy Timoshin
Isn't a hundred square meters a lot for a one-channel?

A
Angry fairies 09.12.21

flash_thompson
AMD processor, low memory frequency, large timings, single channel. Well, everything is correct, with such data you should have high latency. What do you want, I don’t understand?

f
flash_thompson 09.12.21

Angry fairies
Soryan, I don't rummage, I didn't think that everything was so bad

A
ABRASc. 09.12.21

I also have a system on AMD, in one channel everything just dies. After adding one more memory stick, the RAM speed doubled and the latency dropped to 80. The best result was achieved when using 4 memory sticks in dual-channel mode.

f
flash_thompson 09.12.21

added an identical plate, it went up to 117, checked it, closing absolutely everything.

f
flash_thompson 09.12.21

In games, the smoothness increased, but there are friezes, for example, in the same Dark Souls 3. And you can also see how the textures are loaded in the second Witcher.

P
Pavel rally 09.12.21

flash_thompson
Loading textures also depends on the speed of the hard disk, write a model, for the sake of experiment put a swap file of 10 gigabytes, then turn it off altogether.

f
flash_thompson 09.12.21

Pavel Rally
with 10GB of swap file 118, without it nothing has changed. Storage: intel ssdpeknw512g8

b
bushmaster 09.12.21

the question is, is it worth crashing the ballistic 3600 (8x2), drove it to testmem86, one redness (what to do?