3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
E
EVgEN2 09.12.21 11:38 pm

The developer throws players for money (Elite Dangerous)

On the eve of the release of the new add-on (Horizon), it turned out that it costs the same as the game and works on its own without the presence of the original. Before buying, read the reviews on the incentive and do not say later that you did not warn us. Nobody knows how many more add-ons there will be, but according to the existing business model, it is clear that you will have to buy a separate game each time with a 10% discount. I have never seen such super-greed in the gaming industry in the last 25 years.
15 Comments
Sort by:
I
Ivasik 09.12.21

On the incentive something like this
--------------------------------
STARL1GHT
I do not recommend
196.0 hours in the game
Published: 5 August
I am writing after Horisons add-on announcement. The game was the hope of many people dreaming of space and its conquest. Good combat, graphics, customization of ships. But they took it all and killed it. Killed ♥♥♥! You will pay from 2 to 3 thousand for an empty flying machine where online is extremely small at the moment. And in order to somehow amuse yourself, you are offered DLC for 3000 mother of his thousand rubles. And the seasonal pass is 10,000 rubles. Excuse me, it's not even about the money. Even EA and Bioware didn't do that. Even with old currency prices, this is too much for the CIS, not only for Russia. And without that, a small online slide into discouragement without new content.
At the moment, I do not recommend buying this game. Spend money and you will get bored with it. But such a prospect was (!
With such a pricing policy seems even meyl.ru patron.

Asid193
not recommend
563.0 hours in the game.
Published: August 5

The game has its own charm, much has been written about this in the positive reviews, but the financial component to the purchase of additional Adoni the game leaves an unpleasant aftertaste.
1. I bought the game when I leave Steam for 2999 rubles.
2. By the new year (2016) they plan to release the same game, with the addition of "landing on planets" and I am offered to buy it again because it is already independent game + addon, total again 2999 rubles (-10%)
3. It is not known how many such add-ons there will be, and how many times you will have to pay that way is also not known.
4. You can of course buy LIFETIME EXPANSION PASS for 9,750.00 rubles. and then not pay for 10 years more, but I don’t like buying a "pig in a poke" because the game and its development can move both for the better and for the worse, and I don’t remember the games that I would have played for 10 years (everything is boring , even good).
5. If the company still burns out and the project is closed, it will not work to play it offline, it requires a permanent connection to the Internet.
As a result, it turns out that everyone who bought the game with its release on Steam spent their money almost in vain. It may be worth buying this game, but with the release of the last add-on (although by this time it will most likely become hopelessly outdated and it will have many competitors).

PS It's hard to say whether or not to recommend this game for purchase. There are many positive and negative reviews, but I would like to draw the attention of the developers to some shortcomings.
1. Russian localization
Turn it’s not nice when, after the patches, there are additions that are not translated at all (guess what flies in front, is it worth taking it or not) fans will say this is nonsense there is a google translator, go in and translate, but the developers indicate Russian when buying localization.
The Russian chat does not work at all (i.e. it will not work to write something in Russian - it’s written gibberish). If you meet a person somewhere far away, write either in transliteration or in English.
Galnet news is generally translated by 50 percent, it is easier to recognize them on specialized sites in translation, and news can be quite valuable (in terms of earnings) but they are limited in time.
2. After patch 1.4, which changed almost nothing in the main game, except for the introduction of the Arena and a number of ships, the game performance deteriorated sharply. For example, the periods of interstellar flight and exiting the hypercruise take from 3 to 5 minutes. This game takes up a lot of free time anyway, but just looking at the screen and waiting for an arrival in another system for 3-5 minutes is unpleasant.
If all these shortcomings were eliminated, including what was written above, the game could be recommended for purchase. Everyone who does not bother buying it boldly.
I have not changed the purchase prices of the game, they can be viewed on the developers website.

m
merry_Den 09.12.21

I was already glad that a normal cosmos appeared without a constant donation and for norms. babos (he took it at a sale for 1350 rubles), and here's the news! Ahtung! Along the way, the project will disappear, it would be better to add paid skins for everything and everyone ...

R
RedFleecer 09.12.21

OldGamers Donate is
not, as it were) And the skins are for the money)

R
RAZIEL_ 09.12.21

Exit here alone until the score for this game, even if filled with content and develop, and then buy more or less finished the game, scoring the truth will be in a few years ...
So clever way to introduce the game Donut, annual pay and order, play updated game.

M
MunchkiN 616 09.12.21

for an MMO-shaped game, cheating on dollars is completely normal

R
RedFleecer 09.12.21

RAZIEL_
What the fuck donate? xD Donate is when you paid denyuzhku and immediately received a cannon, clothes to put on) And this is DLS, if you really compare it with a subscription, like in Eve, you only pay once a year. Where do you find donate here, I don't understand)

R
RAZIEL_ 09.12.21

RedFleecer Donate
is a voluntary donation for which you get something in the game, and a subscription is an obligation and you can't play without it.

R
RedFleecer 09.12.21

RAZIEL_
well, where is the donation then?)

R
RAZIEL_ 09.12.21

An MMO without a donation or a subscription is not viable, so the developers of the elite are inventing ways to finance the further development of the game and the maintenance of servers, since new players come to this game very slowly, you have to milk the old ones.

R
RAZIEL_ 09.12.21

RedFleecer
It is not there yet in its pure form, but I think everything is ahead, the appetite comes with eating, as you know.

r
review_game 09.12.21

What are you talking about? Horizons is an addon. Take it or not. The main game will still remain, but you won't sit on planets.
And finish this nonsense already.

R
RedFleecer 09.12.21

RAZIEL_
If he is not there, why talk about him?

R
RedFleecer 09.12.21

sam74
it has already been found out at the time of the kickstarter of the company) Now we were discussing what we can associate with)

N
NPHOne 09.12.21

The author of slopok, it became known a month and a half ago, and everything has already been bombed on this topic.

D
Dmitriy_XAN 09.12.21

OldGamers,
I also thought so at first, and then I realized that it can be considered as a kind of subscription for 250 rubles per month (or even cheaper if you wait for discounts), so all the rules are in fact, besides, if you don't like what they bring in add-ons (for example, I'm not sure that the content of the horizons interests me a lot), then you can skip them and play the original game