3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
E
Eleniel 10.12.21 12:07 am

Access Violation (Gothic 2)

installed the game Gothic 2, when I start running it shows that the download is in progress, and then it crashes with the message Access Violation WHAT TO DO THAT ?????????????
27 Comments
Sort by:
N
NeoStаlker 10.12.21

Eleniel, try to install the Gothic in the default folder (as far as I know, these are Program files) It happens that when installed in another location, the game does not work quite correctly and / or does not start. Although in fact, each version reacts differently ...

PS Yes, I almost forgot the most important thing ... the folder should be called English but not Russian

D
Dark paladin 10.12.21

The best option is to take the rotten disc back to the pirate you bought it from.

E
Eleniel 10.12.21

It is installed in PF and is written in English ....

Yeah, it looks like this is the only option - to give it nafig

50 cent in GTA 10.12.21

Check the scratches on the disk. If they are like ants on Earth. Then clean the disk with Toothpaste. If you don’t need a little. Take it to a pirate and say so. He may give another for free.

G
GEF24 10.12.21

That's the beauty of licensed discs ... when you buy it, you are almost sure that it will work. :)

N
NeoStаlker 10.12.21

Eleniel, not everything is lost, go to the BIOS and look for the "AGP Apperture Size" tab, increase the value. Make sure the swap file is at least 800 MB.

D
Dark paladin 10.12.21

Neo, believe me this is not an option.
You don't have to bother.

E
Eleniel 10.12.21

Mdaaa, apparently everything is useless, all disks are divided into 2 types: pirated and pirated pirated)))

N
NeoStаlker 10.12.21

all disks are divided into 2 types: pirated and pirated pirated)))

That's for sure :))) But with my two-disk pirate from Fargus, where, together with the original Gothic, an addon is installed - there were no problems. The last way out is just to try reinstalling Windows ... they say that sometimes it helps. Blocking the registry with a variety of garbage can prevent applications from starting. Will have no effect - go change the disk ... to a workable one. Although, in fact, a similar error at startup popped up for many ... including me, but exclusively on the Akello version.

N
NeoStаlker 10.12.21

Try this one more thing. Download this archive (weight 1.7), and extract the files from it to the Gothic II / system folder. Personally, when I install the game, I do just that and everything works ...

O
Other 10.12.21

Well, yes, but I prefer to pay more, but take better.
Although Gothic II is on my DVD.
And there are two parts at once: Gothic (completely Russian) and Gothic II Night of the Crow (Russian)
In general, everything is super and the latest versions :)

Although somewhere else the disc is just Gothic II :)

N
NeoStаlker 10.12.21

Recently I uploaded Akellovskaya in images, both the night of the crow and the original. I haven't tested it yet, but they say FPS gives out more, in contrast to Fargusovskaya. I would like to believe it. But what is good about Fargus's is that it is on only two disks, and not on five like Akel's, and nothing is cut down.

D
Dark paladin 10.12.21

Neo I don’t think there will be more FPS, oh I don’t think, no less. After all, the Akella is more krivoruk.

D
Dark paladin 10.12.21

And why should he be more, or rather THEM.

E
Eleniel 10.12.21

Alas, the archive did not help, I extracted this error, and everything gets out early, this error only changed that in the system folder, when I tried to start the game from there, he said that you need to insert the original disk, and replacing it from the archive, he stopped demanding ...

And if you try buy a licensed disc, which is better to take Fargusovsky or Akellovsky ????

D
Darkwarlock 10.12.21

And if you try to buy a licensed disc, which is better to take Fargusovsky or Akellovsky ????

Fargus is a pirate company ....

E
Eleniel 10.12.21

aaa okay

O
Other 10.12.21

Eleniel
I have been talking about this for a year already :) That it is better to overpay 100% than suffering from bugs and other kasyakas.
Although it is not a fact that with a license you will be insured, but nevertheless ....

E
Eleniel 10.12.21

that's exactly the most offensive thing if you overpay 100% and there will still be some fucking ...

D
Darkwarlock 10.12.21

My pirate from Fargus with the add-on plows perfectly ... that's just the voice acting ... I
need to take a license ...