3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
sleept0 10.12.21 12:08 am

Overclocking amd fx 8300 processor

Good evening, kind people! Please help with overclocking the processor, mother of msi gaming 970 cooler deepcool 400gammaxx bp 750 chieftec nitro 85. Is it possible to drive it at least to 4100? the first time I encounter overclocking, so I ask. Maybe someone has the same characteristics as mine, what needs to be changed in the BIOS, but it's better if I throw my screenshots in the BIOS and you can already tell me what needs to be changed using them. For reliable information, he is ready to throw 300 scars on kiwi without any deception. Thanks for understanding
9 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 10.12.21

in theory, yes. however, it is not clear what kind of cooler it is in comparison with the zalman 12 extreme is very weak, it is obvious that
you need to change a multiplier in the BIOS for this, there should be a special tab in the BIOS about the processor and memory frequencies. I can’t say for sure pitch because its frequency adds up something like this 200 (bus) x 17 (multiplier) is about 3.4 GHz or whatever it has.
also there should be about the turbo mode - this business must either be turned off or if there is none, set to the same multiplier as the usual one.
You can also just drive on the bus, but with such overclocking, not only the processor is chasing, but the memory controller and the memory itself
should look something like this
http://pix.playground.ru/other/1021525/
and finally there are a lot of guides for overclocking.

s
sleept0 10.12.21

MunchkiN 616
in my screenshot, explain what to turn off and what to turn on? and how much to try to set the value?
turned on the turbo boost with it, everything just freezes completely, what could be the reason? by the multiplier, he set it up to 3700, he does not want to continue, because he did not raise the voltage a little. maybe you need to try to raise the tension? only how much I don’t know at all.

M
MunchkiN 616 10.12.21

sleept0
well, horror
adjust kpu ratio where the car is - there should be a manual
in the same place or a new option from 16.5 to 20 will appear
where the turbocharger technology is auto either find the option to disable it or do not touch it
in turbo mode the processor itself overclocks 2 of its sections (4 cores) to 4200 mhz. it is unnecessary or becoming no more than the adjusted processor frequency.
do not touch anything else
then save the result the computer should reboot and in Windows you should have a 4 GHz
processor if the processor does not start, set the frequency to 3.8 less.
monitor the temperature with utilities and run some benchmarks for the processor.
then increase the frequency of the processor until you find the ceiling of its stability. those computers should not freeze and reboot.
this is the simplest overclocking.

and so I recommend just stopping at 4 GHz and raising the values ​​of NT link frequency which is 2400 MHz to 2600
and where the base frequency of 200 is raised to 210, but if the computer cannot work like this, stop this whole thing.

M
MunchkiN 616 10.12.21

by the way, what kind of memory do you have and how much is it?

s
sleept0 10.12.21

MunchkiN 616
Kingston HyperX FURY 12 GB 3 strips of 4 GB 1600 MHz
I'll try well I'll be your debtor

M
MunchkiN 616 10.12.21

your memory works in single-channel mode. lul
I do not know what will happen with overclocking.
overclock only by a multiplier then

s
sleept0 10.12.21

MunchkiN 616
ie the first way that you threw or the second?
did not quite understand

L
Lisstoman 10.12.21

sleept0
With a spike of 1.4125 from a friend, the fx 8300 took 4.5 GHz stably without drawdowns. Mother ga-970a-ud3p. Cooler zalmay 10x performance. Disable turbo boost, cool end quits, c6 and c1e and set by a multiplier. And update the BIOS if you did not update it out of the box. On a gigabyte motherboard without updating the BIOS, the percentage did not accelerate at all. And on motherboards, msi also has a lot of problems with the BIOS. Fortunately, on msi motherboards, the BIOS is very easily updated through the live update utility.

M
MunchkiN 616 10.12.21

sleept0
first