3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
E
Edvins 10.12.21 02:16 am

Can I put the latest graphics cards on my configuration?

Configuration:
ASUS P8Z77-VLK Z77
Intel Core i7-3770K
Power supply unit 1150W
DIMM 16Gb 4x4 Gb DDR3 PC1500 1866MHz Corsair
SLI ASUS 4096 GF GTX680-DC2-4GD5
3000Gb Seagate PC15000 7200rpm
256Gb Samsung SSD The
computer is still running all games, and now it pulls all games so that directX12 can be fully utilized in the future. As you know, this will only be possible with the latest video cards.
6 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 10.12.21

technically yes. any currently existing maps will work on this platform.
The processor supports the express x2.0 standard and about 5 GB sec for all express lines connected to it,
for this reason I would not put amd radeons on such a pitch especially these with ndm. however, it should be noted that there are no cards with hardware dx12 yet and most likely will not be in the next generation.
also in some future there is negotiation about the transition to a new standard of ports for video cards, so it is possible that the computer will only be able to accept the next and + next generation of cards.

E
Edvins 10.12.21

MunchkiN 616
But what about some different architectures (Kepler, etc.)?

M
Mercurionio 10.12.21

You can bet. But I do not recommend SLI / Cross, the percentages may not be sufficient.

M
MunchkiN 616 10.12.21

Edvins
6xx, unlike 9xx for example, has the ability to execute some instructions in emulation mode. like conservative rasterization if I'm not mistaken. some don't. but it is easy to check that shader model 5.0 is listed behind all, therefore in emulation mode they can do about the same. the whole question is in the implementation of this through the drivers.
and regarding the dx12 benchmark with superiority on the amd architecture, which, as they say, has a full dx12, I would not rush until the first dx12 games like deusex and lara croft are released, and before them about a year. therefore, if performance is not tight anywhere, it is too early to ask this question.

E
Edvins 10.12.21

I read somewhere that some of the advantages of DirectX12 functionality will still be available for 6xx-7xx video cards. It is not yet known how exactly this can bring some additional acceleration in the form of + FPS?

L
Lisstoman 10.12.21

Edvins
Dx12 is all about simple stuff and marketing. No one will optimize your pc games more than necessary. If there is an increase, then 1-5 fps (and maybe even fps will drop). And your processor will be up-to-date for another 3 years. So you can update the vidyashki)
Amd and nvidia themselves do not yet know which vidyakhi they support which dx12) They will say when they develop a plan for sucking the bubble.