3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
Thorgal 10.12.21 11:05 pm

Freezing videos (Alien: Isolation)

In the game itself, everything goes smoothly without the slightest criticism. Not a single fps drawdown. But all the cut scenes freeze ugly. Steam license with all patches. Config in the profile. Drivers are fresh. No viruses were found. In other games with cut scenes, everything is fine. If there is a solution, share the info. Maybe somehow you can lock fps on videos?
9 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kosh13 10.12.21

Freezing rollers? Update codecs.

T
Thorgal 10.12.21

Kosh13
Apparently the subject uses some special codecs? Once freezes only in this game. I'll try to search, of course.

K
Kosh13 10.12.21

Thorgal
Creative Assembly likes to use flash that no one else uses anywhere else. Perhaps they used something like that. In short, try mega pack k-lite.

T
Thorgal 10.12.21

Kosh13
I 'll try. Then I will unsubscribe.

O
OakSorcerer 10.12.21

Nothing will help, the cutscenes are there at 30 fps, there were already topics on the steam forums. Perhaps the only sadness in this game. After all, the graphonium itself and the optimization there are at their best.

T
Thorgal 10.12.21

Yes, replacing the codecs did not help. But after all, on some YouTube videos, everything is fine. Does it mean that everything is going smoothly for someone?

O
OakSorcerer 10.12.21

Thorgal
I dare to suggest that youtube somehow lubricates the twitching in cutscenes, I honestly don't know. Don't worry, I was also puzzled at one time, but then I realized that this is a bug, unfortunately nothing can be done (fortunately, there are not so many of them, cutscenes). Look at the incentive on the forums if you don't believe me :)

T
Thorgal 10.12.21

OakSorcerer
I believe. It's just that things like that are annoying. In The Witcher 3, hand-drawn screensavers are freezing, and here are cutscenes. The day before yesterday I bought a game on sale on Steam, I thought so much time had passed since the release, it’s probably all patched long ago. But fig ...

O
OakSorcerer 10.12.21

Thorgal
I agree, it is especially offensive when there are iron norms + the game itself is at the level done. Many people do not notice such things at all, we, as you can see, are not lucky :)
UPD:
Spoiler ...