3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
darkcelt 10.12.21 11:34 pm

Modding (Dungeon Siege 2)

I made a small mod, but for it to work, you need to pack the file into resources, so I have a question how to pack the folder in .ds2res, and then I will think whether I made the mod correctly or not, thanks in advance.
14 Comments
Sort by:
A
AT_Sagor 10.12.21

And what, the program that helped to extract the resources for the mod cannot pack them back? If not, then look for another, similar to this - there must be such. Again, sometimes the mod files can simply be dropped into the "Resources" folder and they start to work fine - I remember doing this for the first part.

d
darkcelt 10.12.21

at_sagor
Hmm, like Tank Viewer can only unpack, and there are no other programs, only a few official ones, and I also tried to drop the mod files in Resources, I did not observe the result

A
AT_Sagor 10.12.21

darkcelt
Remember Broken World has its own Resources folder. And yet, I noticed one interesting thing: I have there all files except for "DS2169FOV.ds2res" (for widescreen monitors it changes the camera's angle of view, if not forgotten) start with "x".

d
darkcelt 10.12.21

at_sagor
I put on the original so there should be one Resources folder

d
darkcelt 10.12.21

at_sagor
Yes, Broken World files start with x

A
AT_Sagor 10.12.21

darkcelt
What didn't you do right under "Broken World"? And then for the original it is somehow sad, there are not so many opportunities there.

d
darkcelt 10.12.21

at_sagor
I just want to go through the original again, it is nicer for me

A
AT_Sagor 10.12.21

darkcelt
It's strange anyway, there will be no two class branches and some specialized spells. However - the owner is a master.

d
darkcelt 10.12.21

at_sagor
I want to make a summoning mod, I took "Summon Valdis" as the original, like I did everything fine, but I have to pack it.

d
darkcelt 10.12.21

Although I'm not sure if there are no guides right

d
darkcelt 10.12.21

at_sagor
As the comrades modders pack, but what program do they use

A
AT_Sagor 10.12.21

darkcelt
Would you like to know? Maybe intensified searches on the Internet will help? Look at the fan sites of the game (preferably in English) or just type a request in a search engine.

d
darkcelt 10.12.21

at_sagor
I found a program that allows you to create tank files called corny tank creator thank you for making my lazy ass look for a program

L
Lord ozon 10.12.21

To pack DS2 resources, there is the Tank Creator 2 utility. For versatility, I recommend it. Since, in addition to DS2 resources, it packs files into LoA resources.