3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
m
mufc89 10.12.21 11:54 pm

Feasibility of switching from Lynnfield i7 to Haswell i5

Good day! I am the owner of a mATX computer with i7 860 (Lynnfield) and Geforce 660 Ti OC Ed. from MSI. After the computer in two of my favorite games (The Witcher 3. Arkham Knight) gave out 30-32 fps with a creak on a 1080p monitor and 20 fps in Arkham Knight, I seriously thought about buying an i5 4690K with a Z97 motherboard, but with one condition, leave while the graphics card is as it is, because there is not enough money to buy 970 and even more so 980. I ask really understanding people and those who have had similar situations to suggest the expediency of spending money. A waste of money without a tangible difference, or is it still worth changing? Thanks!
11 Comments
Sort by:
p
pekabir 10.12.21

mufc89
http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i7-860-vs-Intel-Core-i5-4690K

m
mufc89 10.12.21

pekabir

Thank you for your answer, the GPUBoss site is recognized by experts as not informative in comparing anything, since it does not take into account all kinds of iron combinations. That is why I need feedback from people with the same build.

M
MunchkiN 616 10.12.21

witcher3 acrem king?
witcher 3 with focus on the card. butman ak not sure but also more in the video card.
As for the performance of the processor, it is better to indicate what is the memory and the motherboard.
and so I don't really see a change in the meaning. better to screw a cool ultra-powerful video card.

D
Denis Kyokushin 10.12.21

mufc89 Put
better more powerful card

K
Kryogen 10.12.21

I had an asus direct ku 660ti, in the witcher it was about 30fps on medium, changed it to 980ti and turned it on at the same settings, it turned out 157fps without a vertical! Now I play at outrageous, stable 60 fps with a vertical, while I did not change the processor, I have an i5-3570k overclocked to 4.8, the gain is huge, so take the card first! Stupidly buy 970 and there will be more fps! and then you will change the percentage, I recommend taking the i5-6600K

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 10.12.21

It will be useful if you overclock to frequencies higher than Lunifienld overclocked. 2-3% to FPS at least. Or at least 5-7% if Lunifield did not drive above 3400 MHz.
ZY Better to drive up to 4 GHz and take Intel, and not the ancient AMD.

L
Lisstoman 10.12.21

Well you now have a lonely bottom processor and video card. That is to say, a balanced system)) But if you put 970 or 980 to your percentage, then the processor will limit the video card, and if you install a new processor, then the video card will be a weak point.

S
Sleepy Bot 10.12.21

I recently bought a used i5 760 for 3500, now I'm going to take a 280x card, or 680 is also a boo, I'll tell you, topic, so I'll tell you - with your process, the card makes sense, but the percent does not need to be changed, my current i5 760 drags the gtah on high from 55fps, on the oven 570.
So it's better and the truth - take better 970, well, or boo 780.
And yet, loading the processor at high settings - does not even reach 70%, so I think this 680 percent will only pull out on the way, this is what I am writing for you spent money on the video, having spent on a percentage you will regret it, because you will not see performance with the same vidyuhoy, and for another 37 ... 47 .. and other products under the lid there is thermal paste instead of solder, lul.

m
mufc89 10.12.21

Sleepy Bot

will take note, ATP

L
Lisstoman 10.12.21

Sleepy Bot
You have the maximum FPS with your 760th, but wild drawdowns, freezes, etc., disrupt the smoothness of the gameplay)

S
Sleepy Bot 10.12.21

Lisstoman
This is not a percent, bro, but a card, putting 7970 or 680 will be gut.