3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
RAZIEL_ 10.12.21 11:54 pm

Ripley (DiRT Rally)

How to reassign the ripple recording in games from codemasters to another disk? By default, it writes to the C drive, it is a pity to use the SSD resource for such garbage. I know how to disable it, I would like to reassign the recording to another disk.
This garbage is in all the games of code masters, can anyone know how to solve this?
7 Comments
Sort by:
m
mclarens67 10.12.21

to me this seems to be practically impossible, unless you can think of doing it this way to change the keys in the replay (rewind / forward, pause, etc.)

R
RAZIEL_ 10.12.21

McLarenS67
Yes, it seems like you can change the path to the Codemasters folder in Windows, just as the game hasn't tried to do, it still creates a folder for itself.

F
FeurigLeo 10.12.21

RAZIEL_ You mean? Can you turn off replay recording in their games? How?

R
RAZIEL_ 10.12.21

FeurigLeo
C: ProgramData Codemasters GRID Autosport DataCache * username * replay during the game, a file or several replay.pbf files are created, close the game and create these files in the ripple folder, they will be 0 in size, assign the created files the attributes are read-only and archived, the game will not create files since they already exist and cannot be overwritten, the repeat item will disappear in the games themselves.
F1 20015 the Codemasters folder with the ripple is in the temp folder, in Dirt Rally I have not yet found where the ripple is created, it is not in the ripple folder, and the size of the free space does not change after starting the game like with the rest of their games, something new was invented here.

R
RAZIEL_ 10.12.21

If all the same replays are needed but not on the C drive, then you can move the folder with the games cache to another place, if I’m interested in writing, ask. It seems like you can even drive the whole thing into RAM, there will be time I will try to do it.

R
RAZIEL_ 10.12.21

If anyone knows where the Dirt Rally ripple file is located, please unsubscribe in the pliz topic, I can not find it.

F
FeurigLeo 10.12.21

RAZIEL_
Thank you :) Cool, everything worked out.