3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
RUST333 11.12.21 12:14 am

Impressions of the mod "Fire and Sword" (Mount Blade)

The topic is intended for discussion and impressions of the commercial mod for Mount and Blade: "With Fire and Sword".
110 Comments
Sort by:
C
CrowleyTwoPistols 11.12.21

Who won this game?

N
Nighthawkreal 11.12.21

We didn’t like the game, there were a lot of bugs and untested things in the game.

C

I liked the game.
Advantages:
- absolutely non-linear development of events
- availability of alternatives in the development of the protagonist - dodger-cavalryman, strongman-swordsman, commander-charismatic.
- colorful and well-thought-out combat
- a successful combination of several genres - RPG, action, strategy - in one game
- an interesting system for the development and equipment of troops.
- a well-thought-out system for equipping the GG, the presence of various types of armor and weapons, their joy and dependence on the hero's lvl in trading.

Disadvantages
- plot bugs
- the graphics are not entirely modern, but here I think, if you take a powerful squad and graphics from Reisen or Dregon Edge Origins, you would have to buy an expensive computer :)
- the music seems to be in the style of the era, but sometimes it starts to get boring ...

N
Nighthawkreal 11.12.21

Crowley Two Pistols

Most of the virtues are from the original.

p
partizan109 11.12.21

Crowley Two Pistols well, nifig you pushed in here, about its merits, and I probably tried to play in another O&M (but I didn't have enough nerves, patience and interest), and you probably have some kind of magical version of this product, well, either you are sitting at $ 1 or in MnB did not play anything other than this. How they still had the conscience enough money to ask for "it"

C

NightHawkreal
I didn't play the original.
partizan109
I do not understand what you actually want to say? What I wrote quite adequately reflects my impressions of the game. Another drawback - in large-scale battles it crashes on a laptop, you can't play on business trips. And on a stationary PC - a completely stable and efficient toy.

D
Dark_Sun 11.12.21

or in MnB nothing but this G did not play.
I remember on this topic there was a sickly holivar on the AG after a positive review on the OiM.
You know, you may or may not be an official member of the MnB community, which certainly exists in Russia and around the world and has played all kinds of mods. But many are not so good at whipping in this game and for those A&M opens up a lot of new things.
But there are, of course, a billion mistakes.

C

Julius_Tsederbaum
+1 :)

a
acedemon 11.12.21

After the original 1.03, I decided to play with fire and sword, downloaded 6GB Ukrainian version

You cannot generate a character, you are given a tight Persian without any preface, that is, you cannot choose who you were and how you got it.
There are no staffs, sticks, meth. weapons in stores and in general - why the skill is a throw - is unclear, especially bad if you take Fatima into the squad, she has the only meth. daggers, and a less skillful throw, there is nothing to replace = (Stunning, too, is the only thing that suppresses - a club with a force requirement of 13-14 and a radius of 50, and a horse, the ability to take a lord prisoner is greatly complicated = (
Complete absence of a plot or at least attempts at historical accuracy - from the first days of the game, Moscow and Poland reconcile and fight against the Krymchaks and Swedes, the Swedes also fight against the Krymchaks.
At the same time, passers-by tell that the Cossacks are uniting with Moscow for the war with Poland, and the Krymchaks are turning to Poland, although they are fighting the terrible They
removed the pumping of villagers, in the original they became maidens of war, now I do not pump at all, although the villagers can be pumped
The difference between pistols and rifles is only textural
The variety of items has been reduced - shields, bows, pikes, knives, halberds, spears

In general, it is better to score all this and play the Chronicles of Thaler or the Sword of Damocles, they are definitely better than all of this, you can download it here (and Russifiers too)

C

acedemon
1) you can import a character
2) throwing weapons are really absent, but as far as I know, in the 17th century, in the era of gunpowder, they did not rule. You can throw in a minigame when you penetrate under the guise of a wanderer into an unfriendly fortress and the guards notice you. There you can choose from - a staff, a dagger, a throwing knife.
3) lords were taken prisoner by me quite often, only to the point - for respect I always otpukat them :)
4) the political situation is random - 5 or 6 alternative starts - the Cossacks against Moscow, the Cossacks against the Swedes - etc.
5) Villagers, yes, in fact, I do not find the meaning of this unit. The peasants swing up to the maximum of hired halberdiers.
6) the difference between a pistol, a musket and a carbine is enormous (range, accuracy, damage) - almost 3 different weapons. Firearms damage is reduced if it rains - simple bandits get fat-skinned like Swedish sword masters.

The difficulty level grows as the states are removed - the fighters become more and more difficult.

a
acedemon 11.12.21

Read carefully
Import is not, about the 17th century, in fact, many Cossacks used the thrower, it was easier for them to throw axes, even if they didn’t use, then there should be on sale
About the difference between a pistol / a gun, I don’t know where and where did you shoot ... from the stats of shooting / accuracy, mind you there are pistols with any accuracy, and guns too, the rate of fire is not clear at all what it affects, the reload

time is all the same The level of difficulty grows as the states are removed - the fighters become more and more difficult.
And what does it have to do with it? This is standard.
Set yourself other campaigns, compare, although if you put fire and sword on top, then in battle the crossbows will have bullet icons =)

a
acedemon 11.12.21

Use your bow at a gallop, and think which is better * -)
Sk. aimed fire (with reloading) bow = 6-7 firearms = 1 shot

C

acedemon
Bow damage is lower. In addition, arrows run out very quickly.
In terms of rate of fire - with an agility of 21-24 - the pistol reloads quite briskly. When shooting from horseback 6-7 - very, very decent damage and accuracy.
For throwing axes - the most skillful ax throwers were the Franks of the 5-6th century A.D. The name of the throwing ax - francis - comes from them and at this time. In real life, before the battle, the warrior was equipped with 2 throwing hatchets, which he threw before converging into the enemy in hand-to-hand combat. I do not think that the 17th century Zaporozhye Cossack could carry a larger number of throwing axes (because of their weight) and use them fundamentally better than a Frankish infantryman.
Further, the Zaporozhye army, due to the availability of saltpeter and sulfur in the Ukraine, was the most "gunshot" in Europe. All professional military men (I'm not talking about the peasant or petty bourgeois militia), in addition to edged weapons, necessarily had a pistol, a carbine or a musket.
so in this regard, I don't see any imbalance in fashion :) I don’t know

where and where you shot from ... - not witty.
In terms of gameplay, I like the combination of a hussar pike and a carbine. For siege-assault - I take a musket with a battery lock and a saber

a
acedemon 11.12.21

"briskly" ... ???

Arrows twice as many bullets, with a pumped "powerful shot" kills with 1 hit and hits more accurately than a pistol
And a huge + in that you can use a shield with a bow, but you cannot use a pistol

Yes, everything is cool in fashion, in the 17th century they did not use axes, sticks too , and the cavalry lances were only hussar

C

acedemon
seems to me, dispute pointless bow vs firearms. There are short games in the mod - without wasting time for pumping, you can try one or another style of combat. One of the games - Tatars against the Cossacks - there is a GG with a bow. I was not impressed. If you like the way you play with the bow, this is of course your right.

a
acedemon 11.12.21

that's why you can't understand it, play it and I strongly advise you to play the original

S
SVAEIG 11.12.21

Those who played the original and put mods on it, they look at this mod in a completely different and rarely positive way, and those who did not see the original or played a little ... , but not a mod), because he retained the main advantages of the original game, it's a pity that he didn't add really new ones, everything is secondary and done, although at the level of almost professional modding, but Sich presents himself as a full-fledged developer, and they are far from developers.

M
Marat97 11.12.21

How can I go through the mission where the head of the village from Zamosh asks to kill a gang of robbers? I have 22 level.

a
acedemon 11.12.21

SVAEIG
The problem is that not all the pluses were saved and the minuses were picked up = (
By the way, guns appeared in the old

Marat97 mods
There, a detachment of bandits wanders around the village, it needs to be destroyed, it is marked with a certain color. play the games. Take off with a saber at a gallop =) Or just train with a spear - they themselves will run into it

G
Gregory 2010 11.12.21

Please tell me the squad is sick all the time, got food, rested, the message does not help constantly, where to find a doctor, in the Sarabun detachment, he has developed a healing skill. What to do?