3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
C
CrowleyTwoPistols 11.12.21 12:22 am

A small guide to playing the mod \ "Age of Tournaments \" (Mount Blade)

Why did I decide to write this essay?
I have been playing "Mount & Blade" for a long time, but yesterday I went through the game for the first time to its logical conclusion - only 1 faction remained and it is my state! Impressed by this event, I decided to summarize some of my observations.

Acknowledgments.
Sveige and ShamomahS for answering all the questions I asked, and sometimes very naive questions.

Who is this written for?
1) For beginners - perhaps at the very first acquaintance with the Warband mod - "Age of Tournaments", this will allow them not to get too big and keep their interest in the game longer.
2) For experts - I would like to discuss something with you and clarify for myself, but there is no suitable precedent.
3) For myself - perhaps when discussing this article, new ideas will arise and there will be a desire to go through it again - but with a different build.

Character
The main idea was this - to rock a great commander, capable of leading a large army over long distances.
To do this, I focused on the following skills:

Leadership. +5 to the unit for each unit is not bad, but +10 constant increase in morale is significantly more important.

As the game progresses, the hero will rise to fame and he will be able to lead more and more large detachments into battle. It is very important that they do not turn sour and do not scatter until they reach the enemy. I do not urge to drag 200 sabers on the map. 108 is enough. But the more free space in the detachment, the better - you will be able to form strong garizones from the liberated prisoners, double your forces in front of a powerful enemy militia and, without sacrificing morale and the number of units, transfer large detachments to the opposite end of the continent. In addition, the number of prisoners to lure away is increasing without the threat of demoralizing their army.

Trade. Many good soldiers - many high salaries. As in any game, money in Warband is an important and scarce resource.

The maintenance of prisoners - the slave trade in the game is a very lucrative form of earnings, with the correct formulation of the question, it gives a lot more money than ordinary trade.

Iron skin - as in any action RPG, the protagonist never has extra hit points.

A powerful blow - hooligans in cities, storming of fortress walls, mini-game in captured cities and castles - well, you can't do without damage.

Persuasion - having become the sovereign, the neighboring faction can be defeated almost at 0, without having fought a single battle. Each lord attracted to himself will weaken the enemy and strengthen his faction - this is obvious.

Start.
I chose the past - “my father was a nomad of the steppe”, in my childhood I was a “child of the steppes”, in my youth I was a “street vendor-peddler” - the future is the desire for wealth and fame. So, without lifting a finger, from the very first lvl with dexterity 8, we get a riding skill of 4, which allows you to ride a good armored horse that will survive in the midst of hand-to-hand combat and, in case of severe wounds, will always take it out of the heat of the battle to a safe place.
From the start we have:
Strength - 8
Dexterity - 8
Intelligence - 9
Charisma - 9
+ 4 points of characteristics, + 7 points of skills (the coveted riding is already 4) and absolutely small, except for the bow, skills (well, it's not scary, this is acquired - the army was on the left, the army was on the right: it's nice to wave a sword with a hangover :))
At the finish line, I was interested in leadership 10 (because of + 100 to morale, I repeat) - I brought Charisma to 27 and got 1 to leadership after reading the book "The Life of Aliksen the Great" and togrovlya 10 (1 - from the book "On the value of things") ...
Conviction - I brought it to 6. Why raise the intellect to 14, read the book "On Logic" - + 1 more to the intellect, and read the book "Rhetoric to Herennius" + 1 to conviction.
Conviction 6 was enough for me to reduce the number of King Yaroglek's supporters from 21 to 6 - I convinced six of them, and the rest - he chased nine out of frustration himself - and in the final he could not collect more than 800 sabers.
Agility - I didn't touch anything here. Let's be a clumsy bear.
Strength - we bring to 21 powerful blows 7 and iron skin 7 - is quite enough to be the first to climb the fortress wall and easily calm down the city hooligans in minigames.
The development of characteristics is as follows - up to 21 in turn we raise strength and charisma, then up to 27 charisma, then up to 14 intelligence, which will remain - into strength. If you are lucky enough to take 40 lvl - there will be a powerful blow and iron skin 8.
Skills - like described above. The package can be raised a little and a few points in training - at the end of the game is a very important skill.
Skills. I am not a fan of blocks, so my hero survived not by defense, but by the quick removal of the surrounding ill-wishers. We managed to swing the two-handed weapon under 300, crossbows - 225, pole-arm (very useful when you have few hits, the terrain is relatively flat and there are a lot of non-shooting pedestrian enemies around) - 147.
The line of construction of the battle is as follows - dismount (the penalty for the damage of the two-handed hammer disappears) - enter the midst of ill-wishers and punching blocks, mow as much as possible. When there are fewer hits, we go to the side, we take out the crossbow and continue to cause trouble to the enemy.

Armament - heavy war hammer, siege crossbow, 2 quivers with steel arrows. In the inventory for every fireman - a cavalry pike and a light crossbow - if it becomes necessary to shoot from a horse.
Equipment - everything is obvious here, I had a helmet of 61, noble plate armor (although noble vegirian and lighter, but I did not find it), noble steel greaves, noble scaly gloves. At first he carried a pavese on his back, but then he became convinced that in an open field it was of little use, and it is better to have more arrows on an assault.

Officers:
Alayen is a combat officer, strength 30, 10 punch and iron skin.
Ymira is a combat officer, strength 30, 10 powerful strike and iron skin.
Baheshtur - Combat Officer, Strength 30, 10 Powerful Strike and Iron Skin.
Rolf is a Combat Officer, 30 Strength, 10 Power Strike, and Iron Skin.
Firentis - Combat Officer, 30 Strength, 10 Power Strike, and Iron Skin.
Jeremus - intellect 30, doctor + engineering.
Borcha - intelligence 30, tracker (all skills on the map) + tactics.
This is a variant of a consistent squad that complements the personal skills of the main player.

Plot development.
It is better to start in Smirholm - the staff is a very weak weapon, therefore it is easier to knock a bandit running along a long street in this city than in others from a crossbow. But this is not critical, 80 units of experience in our future, adventurous life does not really mean much.
You can develop up to level 6 quickly - while you put together a squad and train it a little - already 6.
Then there is an alternative - you can quickly raise lvl to 16 with little fame, or you can quickly increase fame, but slow down with lvl ups. How to proceed is up to you. If you want to quickly learn important skills, we choose the first path - we drive caravans, drive cattle, reconcile 2 states. There is not much money and the ringing of sabers, but lvl is growing by leaps and bounds and we meet 150 fame with a confident lvl 16.
If you choose the second path - 16 lvl will not be soon - they still beat hard on assaults, and in field battles the troops fight better than their commander (there will be no money for good armor, it is checked, we walk in selected rags). But then the glory is growing at an accelerated rate and by 9-10 lvl (with 150 fame) you will be gladly taken into the faction. If you do not choose a suzerain after 150, at 175 glory the program will automatically generate it. Moreover, he may not suit the player, but spoil the relationship with the sovereign out of the blue, so I recommend that you decide on the faction for 150 glory.
Also with the rank of marshal - you can wait for 1750 glory, or after 1500 you can drive up to the chief and ask about it.

Marriage.
In fact, the girl is very distracting - sometimes you have to go from the other end of the map, losing the pace of the game and the game rating.
I can advise the following - we select several feudal lords with the greatest influence and look for which of them has a daughter or sister of "the highest moral principles." In fact, our chosen one will turn out to be a bitch who will fold - 2 at the first call. We will fix this by reading 2 rhymes. But after 20 influence and without rebellion, she will agree to marriage and there will be no need to aimlessly cross the Calradia map for the sake of +1 to relations. A girl with the "character of an unbroken steppe horse" - her relative will not arrange a wedding before you start a rebellion. This was tested by me and my friends on 2 builds.

The game.
Playing as a faction, destroy 3 other factions. If you destroy more, then there will be large periods of peace and few prisoners in the cities, which in the final will create problems with the recruitment of garrisons for their defense. If you destroy less, the rest will often begin to pinch after the mutiny, you will have to deal with very strong militias, and sometimes an undesirable minus to morale will be created for certain units in the squad. Destroy should be primarily those whose warriors you like the most. If you want to finish with huskals - take out the Swedes (Sori, Northern Kingdom), like the Mamelukes - down with Sultan Hakim, etc.

The first castle. Well, first they will give us a village. Having joined the faction, I do not recommend rushing to the castle. Firstly, the detachment is still small and there is no surplus of units as such. Secondly, the castle will be given on the border and there may be problems with its defense. The hero still does not lead an army, there are no options for a marshal, and it is unlikely that he will be able to fight off 2,000 sabers on his own. Although, of course, an experienced player can :). Thirdly, by capturing and claiming the first lock for yourself, you will 100% get it empty. And if you show restraint and wait for an offer from the overlord, the castle will have a nice gift in the form of a half-trained garrison.
The first city. This is where I recommend persistence. You need to get 4 cities in different parts of the continent, where we will create 2-3 shock and 1 occupation army for the final of the game.

Shock army
Is an army for field battles and storms of castles and cities. It is desirable - a monolithic national composition to exclude the influence on morality during a showdown with one or another faction. I had 3 shock armies - the Swadi army - 170 knights, the Rhodock army - 130 sergeants and riflemen each, and the Nordic-Sarranid army - 150 Mamelukes and Huscarls each. Thus, having defeated opponents in one part of Calradia, there is no need to drag the richly nourished and money-consuming army at low speed across the entire game world. It is enough to put them in the nearest city, cross the continent with a group of GG + officers at a speed of 10, take another army and deliver a powerful and unexpected blow to the enemy in a completely different part of the world. Or in this way to calm down a castle that has fallen over to the enemy in the depths of the possessions of your faction.
The occupation army.
It is needed when the player already has his own state. The castle is captured, but there are no prisoners in it. This may well be the case if a faction has just made peace with another faction. In order not to weaken our striking fist, we plant a garrison of specially prepared units there. The candidates for the occupation army are all Rhodoks and Kergit Keshikten. These are the cheapest and fastest swinging highlighted units in the game. Keshikten are more expensive and weaker in defense, but they shoot (no arrows are needed) and are much more mobile when moving the garrison across the continent. Rodoks are cheaper and well protected, but you need to download 2 types of troops at once and move them around the map longer.

Friends.
There are several recommendations here.
1. We persuade only people loyal to us who react to valor and do not require additional quests and time for the growth of influence.
2. The more friends - the calmer on their territory in case of war, and the fewer the enemy's troops.
3. Do not overdo it with gifts. We give 1 pre-fortified castle and that's it. Dot. Nothing spoils relationships with friends like giving away elephants.

Have you read my article to these words and have not yet fallen asleep? Well, I am sincerely grateful to you. So our time with you was not wasted

PS If you play a game with patch 1.134 - it differs in many respects from what is written here. You can read about these differences here http://www.playground.ru/dox/mount_and_blade/7179/
50 Comments
Sort by:
S
SVAEIG 11.12.21

I advise you to publish the manual in Dox, they often read there, and I will try to attach this topic so as not to get lost.

S
ShamomahS 11.12.21

To Sveige
Can I drop all sorts of goodies here and seal the theme? Here you can also throw off information from my topic about GG satellites.

S
SVAEIG 11.12.21

This should probably be done by collecting a complete guide. You just need to wait for Rust to attach it later.

S
ShamomahS 11.12.21

Companions of the protagonist, their relationship to each other

Alaen
- friendship - Ymir
- enmity - Marnid, Nizar

Artinmenner
- friendship - Lesalit
- enmity - Jeremus, Kletti

Baheshtur
- friendship - Rolf
- enmity - Marnid, Katrin

Borcha
- friendship - Marnid
- enmity - Kleti , Deshavi

BUNDUCHI
- friendship - Kathryn
- enmity - Lezalit Rolf

Deshavi
- friendship - Klett
- enmity - Rolf Borg

Dzheremus
- friendship - Firentis
- enmity - Matilda, Artinmenntr

Ymir
- friendship - Alaen
- enmity - Matilda, Lezalit

Catherine
- friendship - Bunduk
- enmity - Baheshtur, Firentis

Kletti
- friendship - Deshavi
- enmity - Borcha, Artinmenntr

Lesalit
- friendship - Artinmenner
- enmity - Bunduk,

Ymira Marnid
- friendship - Borcha
- enmity - Baheshtur, Alaen

Matilda
- friendship - Nizar
, Jeremus - Iremus

Nizar
- friendship - Matilda
- enmity - Firentis, Alaen

Rolf
- friendship - Baheshtur
- enmity - Deshavi, Bunduk

Firentis
- friendship - Jeremus
- enmity - Nizar, Katrin

A selection of companions so that they don't quarrel with each other, but also make sense on the battlefield was:

Matilda, Baheshtur, Borcha, Alaen, Artinmenntr, Rolf, Firentis, Lesalit. Of these, Rolf is the strongest.

For Fire and Sword:

Ingri
- friendship - Elisha
- enmity - Sarabun, Olgerd

Fatima
- friendship - Karlson
- enmity - Oksana, Nogai

Sarabun
- friendship - Elisha
- enmity - Olgerd, Varvara

Karlsson
- friendship - Ksendz Spasokukotsky
- enmity - Tsendz

Olgerd
- friendship - Ingri
- enmity - Fedot, Nogai

Ksendz Spasokukotsky
- friendship - Nogai
- enmity - Pan Zagloba, Mamai

Tepesh
- friendship - Sarabun
- enmity - Oksana, Ksendz Spasokukotsky

Victor de la Buscador
- friendship - Tepes
- enmity - Karlsson, Sarabun

Oksana
- friendship -
- enmity - Karlsson, Victor de la Buskador

Bakhyt
- friendship -
- enmity - Fatima, Varvara

Pan Zagloba
- friendship - Bakhyt
- enmity - Mamai, Ksendz Spasokukotsky

Mamai
- friendship - Barbara
- enmity - Fedot, Elisey

Fedot
- friendship - Sarabun
- enmity - Oksana, Bakhyt

Elisey
- friendship - Victor de la Buskador
- enmity - Ingri, Pan Zagloba

Nogai
- friendship - Oksana
- enmity - Fatima, Elisey

Varvara
- friendship - Victor de la Buscador
- enmity - Tepes, Ingri

A selection of companions so that they do not quarrel with each other, but also that there is a lot on the battlefield:

Sarabun, Tepes, Fedot, Elisey

S
ShamomahS 11.12.21

Units in Mount and Blade

Kingdom Wedding
pix.PlayGround.ru

Kingdom of Vegir
pix.PlayGround.ru

Kergit Khanate
pix.PlayGround.ru

Northern Kingdom
pix.PlayGround.ru

Kingdom of Rodok
pix.PlayGround.ru

Sarranid Sultanate
pix.PlayGround.ru

C
Celtic 11.12.21

No matter how trite it is, but it is better (and especially at first) to quietly plunder those villages. in which the level of well-being is higher)))

And you also need to always collect armies for different tasks. For example, speaking on the snowy desert of the kingdom of Vegirs, it makes sense to have only Mamelukes - and in fact the cataphracts of that world. This is especially effective against elite warriors. But in places with a lot of trees and other plantations, it is better to have a foot army. For how many times did I meet a situation when a dense line of attacking horsemen disintegrated due to oncoming trees =) and the blow turned out to be crumpled)

S
ShamomahS 11.12.21

To Celt
No matter how trite it is, but it is better (and especially at first) to quietly plunder those villages. in which the level of well-being is higher)))
You teach the bad) And about the fact that not only the villagers, but also their ruler, will be offended at you, you didn’t mention something about it. If we compare the pros and cons, then there are more cons.)

S
Shchors 11.12.21

CrowleyTwoPistols, perhaps when discussing this article, new ideas will arise and there will be a desire to go through it again - but with a different build.

Swing the versatile fighter, don't swing the leadership. In my opinion, it is much more interesting to play. We'll have to connect the lords for big battles. As a pumped-up fighter, you will get more experience, you will go through more levels.

... ... ... 11.12.21

to Shchors
Well, this is where problems may arise. More interesting, of course, but there is also a peculiar minus: lords can run away!

... ... ... 11.12.21

How to make a red underlined font, sorry for the offtopic?

P
Pylorama [resigned] 11.12.21

The Dragon
show what is hidden, see the html-code of the page:
<a class = 'red'> blah blah blah </ a>
result:
blah blah blah
PS: sorry for offtopic.

... ... ... 11.12.21

Thanks!

S
Shchors 11.12.21

The Dragon
They run away in the field, but not in defense, sometimes under siege. Yes, and without lords, it's okay, I passed with leadership 4, on difficulty 165. But I got to level 47. The detachment in the midst of the battles hesitated in the area 142. Enough. I played with diplomacy. But if you yourself are not too lazy to fight, and if you are lazy, then of course it is better to swing the leadership.

... ... ... 11.12.21

I'm not too lazy to fight. Simply, what are you going to do with the army of 1200 people from the enemy?

S
Shchors 11.12.21

The Dragon
Soak her. What else to do with it? Or, for example, while the enemy army is besieging one of my castle, I manage to capture several enemy castles.

E
ElendiI 11.12.21

plagiarism with rusmnb for beginners))))

"And I do not know!", that:
1) the mini-map (backspace during combat), you can specify where to go troops by clicking in the right place on the map
2) can move people and prisoners in the squad / from the player's squad at once with the whole mass, if you hold down ctrl before clicking the mouse on the necessary troops
3) if you are a voivode (marshall), and the subordinate lord refuses to go to the desired city or castle, you can order him several times in a row and sooner or later he be sure to agree to obey the order
4) you can raise the horse on its hind legs by simultaneously pressing ctrl + J
5) if the wounded (lame) horse is not sold immediately, but held in the inventory for a while, it will recover
6) if you go into battle on a lame horse, then in if she loses all her health, she will die
7) in the final version, you can complete the game through the "camp - retire" menu at any time
8) if you need to sell trash, buy food and weapons, sell prisoners, you can use enemy cities just like your own "sneaking into them "
9) Broken relations with all of your lords can be improved in one go by completing the quest for the lady. For gifts, she can improve relations from -x to 0. You can ask at least 10 times in a row (costs money)
10) you cannot hit with a spear if you stand too close to the wall (in arenas)
11) with good personal relations, the enemy lords do not bother you, and their villages give recruits
12) "incompatible" NPCs live peacefully in the place, if you maintain good morale in the squad (food, victories, leadership)
13) representatives of no more than 32 types of troops can be in the army at the same time, for prisoners in castles / cities the same restriction
14) if you pull the bowstring and jump, then there will be nothing to the target designator, which allows you to effectively distribute heads
15) when talking with someone (it may not be with everyone) if you point at someone you are chatting with, you will see a relationship with him or with his faction
16) if in the menu attack / send soldiers / retreat press I, then the inventory will open, before the battle it is useful (works only with field battle)
17) if the bowstring of the bow, crossbow is already stretched, the shot can be canceled by pressing the right button, the same when swinging the melee weapon - the blow can be canceled in the same way
18) if you have very good relations with the village, then sometimes instead of recruits you can immediately recruit higher-level troops
19) crossbows are less effective during rain
20) the speed of movement of people and horses in rainy weather is slightly reduced
21) you can wait on the spot if you hold down "gap" on the map
22) the higher the morale of the unit, the faster it moves on the map
23) wounds heal faster while resting in taverns
24) the payment of salaries to troops stationed in the garrison of a castle or city is cut in half (you can also spend the night with your squad in castle or city right before the "payday" and money will be required 2 times less)
25) at any time you can change the appearance and name of the hero by clicking on the portrait or nameplate in the character window
26) if you are not a marshall (voivode), but asked the allied lord (s) to follow you, then he will not help you during the assault, but only in field battles
27) in the battle menu (attack yourself / send to attack / retreat) the keys C, I and P work. That is. you can call the menu of the character, inventory and party. It works only in field combat and only if the GG initiates the battle (and does not join the one already started by someone else)
28) you can find out the location of any lord through a dialogue with the lord of the same faction to which the sought after belongs
29) sometimes characters are standing in taverns not only on the first, but also on the second floor
30) being on the global map, you can right-click on any settlement or unit and a menu will appear: follow this place (after the unit) and help on this place (unit)
31) The skill "riding" is important not only as a limitation when choosing a horse, but also as a bonus increase to their speed and maneuverability

A
Avgitov 11.12.21

Tell me, perhaps, a hundred ways to move the inn, Zhenya says that you need to buy tools and flax, but nothing happens after you buy them and move them to inventory (

S
Shchors 11.12.21

You need to have tools and velvet in your inventory, go to the city to which you want to move and select the item "move the yard here"

... ... ... 11.12.21

I didn't know 27) paragraph of the beginner's guide. Funny.
30) being on the global map, you can right-click on any settlement or unit and a menu will appear: follow this place (for the unit) and help on this place (unit)
And in the Warband, the lords of their faction also "accompany ".

x
x-ile 11.12.21

Gentlemen, I have some kind of glitch, apparently, but I cannot "finish off" the (Swad) faction. All cities and castles have been captured, but the constant inscriptions "the enemy has appeared at such and such a fortress." I personally prowled around it, and the boyars hang around there all the time, but no enemy can be found there.

It sucks that this "war" does not end, and a new one does not begin, the hero and the troops are morally decaying on endless holidays and tournaments))
F1!