3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
O
One of them 11.12.21 12:32 am

Scarface second remake

New Scarface Written by Training Day Writer
When Universal announced the launch of a new version of Armitage Trail's novel Scarface in September, few thought the process would go that fast. A screenwriter has already been hired - the film will be directed by David Ayer, who wrote "Training Day", "Damned Season" and "City of Angels SWAT."

The first film adaptation of Trail's book about an emigrant striving for the American dream was released in 1932. Howard Hawks directed the film from a screenplay by Ben Hecht, a former Chicago-based journalist who met many gangsters, including Al Capone. Then, while working on the script, Hecht confronted two Capone thugs, who asked if their boss really became the prototype of the film's hero. The scriptwriter assured them that this was not so, to which one of the gangsters reasonably asked: “Why then is the movie called“ Scarface ”? Everyone will think it's about Al Capone. " Hecht replied that this is such a technique: everyone will think so and go to watch the film. The bandits were satisfied with the answer.

However, the film adaptation of the novel, which was released 50 years later, turned out to be much more successful. Brian De Palma transformed Al Pacino into Tony Montana, the Cuban who took over the cocaine trade in Miami in the 80s. From this version, the new Universal film went to producer Martin Bregman.

Announcing their intentions to revive Scarface again, the studio clarified that it was not going to direct a direct remake of the Hawks and De Palma films. The painting will have to take the familiar elements of the book and transfer them to our time. That is, in the center of the plot there will again be an emigrant who clears his way to the top of the criminal world, realizing his American dream, albeit a somewhat perverse one.

David Ayer recalls seeing Scarface for the first time at age 13. “The film blew my mind,” says the scriptwriter. “I see it as the story of a man whose moral compass points in a different direction. I studied both versions of the films and found some universal themes. Both films depend on the scene, violence is everywhere, and people are afraid to death of the main character. But nevertheless he has his own moral code. "

The screenwriter will take over the project as soon as he finishes the film "The End of Shift", which he not only composed, but also directed himself. This is David's third directorial work since Cool Times and Kings of the Street.
I'll just leave it here.
7 Comments
Sort by:
B
Boys are real guys 11.12.21

for what?

A
Arigo 11.12.21

The first is better anyway.

A
Arigo 11.12.21

Scrii
Lol.

P
Pat rick 11.12.21

the game is a scarface, when I start the game on the eight, everyone moves like cartoons from the southern park, the limbs do not move, they just fly, and in some places the graphics are not worked out at all

P
Pat rick 11.12.21

tell me what can be done

O
Okruta 11.12.21

The remake where Al Pacino played had practically nothing in common with the original, to put it mildly. I wonder how different the next remake will be. Will we see a frame-by-frame re-shoot of a film about the mafia, about a Cuban immigrant, or something that we haven't seen yet?

t
tovarish comrade 11.12.21

Oh, I'm afraid. With all my heart I love both the remake and the original.