3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Strelec-zmeya 11.12.21 12:40 am

Dumb bots or AI curves (Battlefield 2)

Hello everyone!
For a long time I have been changing a lot of things in the game, but the further everything goes the "dumber" the bots in the game become. From the AI ​​files, I changed the level of bots, changed the AI ​​files of all weapons and all equipment, or rather the priorities of attacks of each weapon and equipment, changed the weapons of soldiers and, a little later, the priorities of attacks of the classes of troops themselves. But the problems began precisely after the change in the weapons of the soldiers. It seems to be nothing special - I changed one machine gun and a pistol for others, instead of one type of weapon stuck in another, removed something, added something, but at first everything was OK. And then it began - some bots sometimes just started spinning like a top in place, holding in their hands, for example, a mine or a machine gun; began permanent and massive standing on the spot. That is, they either immediately began to stand on the respawn, or in the middle of the map, or take a technique, they reach a certain area and get up, twirl the tower, but do nothing. And in the last couple of weeks, it has generally come to the point that during the game I observe such pictures - the map shows my fighter, in fact, he is in front of me, but I do not see him at all, and he begins to rapidly move abroad (even on an airplane you cannot catch him! ) and if there is no border on the map, then it remains there. And he is not the only one who starts this way. I can't figure out what for what at all! I tried to change the weapons of the soldiers - the effect was positive, but not for long, after a few battles the bots again began to "freak out". Here's how to fix it, tell me pliz! ... I described everything I did with AI above, I didn't change anything more serious. in fact, he is in front of me, but I don’t see him at all, but he begins to rapidly move abroad (he cannot even catch up by plane!) and if there is no border on the map, then he remains there. And he is not the only one who starts this way. I can't figure out what for what at all! I tried to change the weapons of the soldiers - the effect was positive, but not for long, after a few battles the bots again began to "freak out". Here's how to fix it, tell me pliz! ... I described everything I did with AI above, I didn't change anything more serious. in fact, he is in front of me, but I don’t see him at all, but he begins to rapidly move abroad (he cannot even catch up by plane!) and if there is no border on the map, then he remains there. And he is not the only one who starts this way. I can't figure out what for what at all! I tried to change the weapons of the soldiers - the effect was positive, but not for long, after a few battles the bots again began to "freak out". Here's how to fix it, tell me pliz! ... I described everything I did with AI above, I didn't change anything more serious.

And more about AI ... I wanted to change or write on my own coordinates on at least one map, where the bots should go and go to the flags, as well as which ways to get from one point to another. But after any changes after one and a half minutes of the battle, the game crashes. I return it as it was - everything works. But the developed maps of some are such rams! They prescribe paths for bots through such cloacas that bots there just stand up in a crowd and that's it. Or try to walk and shoot through mountains, walls, buildings, trees, etc. So I'm trying to change the route - at the beginning of the battle I see gorgeous (as I intended) patrols, but the game crashes .... Maybe you need to be very careful when setting the altitude for the coordinates? Or are these settings related to the "ai" and "aipathfinding" folders in the map archive server?
3 Comments
Sort by:
S
Strelec-zmeya 11.12.21

Kofeiter
touched nothing here at all. This is how your numbers are written, and mine is how they are. the only line "aiSettings.setBehaviourModifier Idle" is different everywhere. Somewhere 1.0, somewhere 0.01 values ​​are. In general, I did not climb here.

S
Strelec-zmeya 11.12.21

Kofeiter
Well, there is one way to start the game in test mode, but it's more useful when you transfer something to the game from another mod, for example, a technique. To do this, you need to write in the mod or game shortcut a line after a space
+ menu 1 + fullscreen 0 + szx 1024 + szy 578 + modPath mods / aix2 + ignoreAsserts 1

If the game crashes, then what is missing will be written in the error that appears.

S
Strelec-zmeya 11.12.21

Kofeiter
I work with archives through "7 Zip" and do not extract anything from the archives, I do everything directly in them through "Akel Pad", it allows you to save everything even when the file is "read-only". Everything is in order with me. And I play the SkyNet mod. But he, like any other mod, uses a lot of files from the original archives.