3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
m
mazaza 11.12.21 12:52 am

Your opinion about the game (Magic Duels: Origins)

What is your opinion about this game, have you regretted the time spent on it or not and will you play for a long time?
2 Comments
Sort by:
m
mazaza 11.12.21

I expected more from those who brought magic the gathering to the masses. MTG was and remains the most popular tabletop card game, this leaves no doubt, but the virtual world it clearly gave way to HS, a casual follower with its simplicity and convenience, not to mention how well blizzard do their job, even when it comes to FTP (shareware) games. My steam profile says that I have played 13 hours, besides, I am familiar with this genre of games, both virtual and tabletop, right now I have a hundred or two MTG cards in my desk and three of them I could sell for 50-70 $, and I have been playing HS since the beta test, so I can easily play on the Chinese LAN, all the cards have already been learned and are firmly settled in my head. I mean, my opinion is far from the opinion of the person who first "sat down to play cards."
And now about the main thing. The game brought a lot of happiness just by its announcement, because it's MTG on monitors, and even on the network, I just can't believe it, we live in the 21st century and all that, but with the release I was greatly upset by a lot of flaws, such as playing on the network, in which you you have to look for a partner a hundred times, this may be a problem with the servers, maybe people do not play it, or the creators simply have crooked hands and people cannot connect to each other, I am already silent about the fact that if the connection fails, then you are thrown into the main menu and you have to press 3-4 buttons again to start looking for a partner. The design could also be better, this monotonous background starts to tire, the maps are small, the ability to bring the whole view closer at once would be very useful. The single-player game leaves much to be desired, it is very difficult to go through the company for Nissa (the elf), especially the last test, with those cards that are by default, but the game against a bot in single player mode, on the contrary, is very easy, I did not notice the difference between an easy and a difficult opponent, which is 5 and 15 gold for a second, with the cost of a pack of cards at 15. Well, why should I then spend $ 50 for 40-50 packs if for an hour of playing with a bot I can get one of these? By doing this, they only make it worse for themselves. Daily decks work only if you play for a deck created thanks to the deck creation manager, I don't know why this was done, in it the pros cannot make normal decks, and beginners in the manager will easily collect unnecessary cards. I don't even want to talk about the feeling of the game as a whole, everything is arranged wildly inconveniently there, from moves to pauses, from choosing an effect to going through training. but the game against a bot in single-player mode, on the contrary, is very easy, I did not notice the difference between an easy and a difficult opponent, which is 5 and 15 gold for a second, when the cost of a pack of cards is 15. Well, why would I then spend $ 50 on 40-50 packs if for an hour of playing with a bot I can get one of these? By doing this, they only make it worse for themselves. Daily decks work only if you play for a deck created thanks to the deck creation manager, I don't know why this was done, in it the pros cannot make normal decks, and beginners in the manager will easily collect unnecessary cards. I don't even want to talk about the feeling of the game as a whole, everything is arranged wildly inconveniently there, from moves to pauses, from choosing an effect to going through training. but the game against a bot in single-player mode, on the contrary, is very easy, I did not notice the difference between an easy and a difficult opponent, which is 5 and 15 gold for a second, when the cost of a pack of cards is 15. Well, why would I then spend $ 50 on 40-50 packs if for an hour of playing with a bot I can get one of these? By doing this, they only make it worse for themselves. Daily decks work only if you play for a deck created thanks to the deck creation manager, I don't know why this was done, in it the pros cannot make normal decks, and beginners in the manager will easily collect unnecessary cards. I don't even want to talk about the feeling of the game as a whole, everything is arranged wildly inconveniently there, from moves to pauses, from choosing an effect to going through training. Well, why should I then spend $ 50 for 40-50 packs if for an hour of playing with a bot I can get one of these? By doing this, they only make it worse for themselves. Daily decks work only if you play for a deck created thanks to the deck creation manager, I don't know why this was done, in it the pros cannot make normal decks, and beginners in the manager will easily collect unnecessary cards. I don't even want to talk about the feeling of the game as a whole, everything is arranged wildly inconveniently there, from moves to pauses, from choosing an effect to going through training. Well, why should I then spend $ 50 for 40-50 packs if for an hour of playing with a bot I can get one of these? By doing this, they only make it worse for themselves. Daily decks work only if you play for a deck created thanks to the deck creation manager, I don't know why this was done, in it the pros cannot make normal decks, and beginners in the manager will easily collect unnecessary cards. I don't even want to talk about the feeling of the game as a whole, everything is arranged wildly inconveniently there, from moves to pauses, from choosing an effect to going through training. and newcomers to the manager can easily collect unnecessary cards. I don't even want to talk about the feeling of the game as a whole, everything is arranged wildly inconveniently there, from moves to pauses, from choosing an effect to going through training. and newcomers to the manager can easily collect unnecessary cards. I don't even want to talk about the feeling of the game as a whole, everything is arranged wildly inconveniently there, from moves to pauses, from choosing an effect to going through training.
I don’t know who this project was originally designed for, because people who play XC will find it too difficult, and grandfathers who have packs of cards lying around at home would rather continue to play once every six months with friends than download this miracle. Of course, there are also simple gamers whom this game will certainly bypass.
Perhaps in a year or half, when all the bugs and shortcomings are erased, and new additions with maps are not long in coming, I will download Magic Duels: Origins again.
P.S.
Bugs, flaws, design and single left much to be desired. I don't even know what the future
holds for this game ... 3/5 just because I have a deep respect for any card table.

R
Red alert 11.12.21

She's not famous for a real desktop MTG, of course. But this version seems to have become more playable (in terms of donation) than before. It is quite possible to play with pleasure depending on the mood, try out cards, tactics and so on. Still, MTG, there is MTG, and despite not the best implementation and meager design, blizzard cards against its background are just a "throw-in fool".