3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
E
E288888 11.12.21 01:00 am

Fps jumps (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Tell me please. FPS jumps from 42-60 is this normal? Outdoors and in some locations 55-60, in cities and villages, not all 42-50. Can this be somehow removed? ps / everything on high, except for hair and shadows, projection relief, projection detail. When you decrease the settings, there are still jumps, but the fps is higher.
16 Comments
Sort by:
N
NorthernSky 11.12.21

Limit FPS to 50 frames per second. Then the jumps will be almost / completely invisible. Or put 45. There is playability - no jerks.

G
Grazyniger 11.12.21

but still, the height of the frames is high! What prevents you from playing non-critical jumps of FPS? but still, at 40 fps, we got playable in
one word ..

G
Gutsz 11.12.21

Do you know that this is not noticeable to the eye? Just remove the program that shows FPS and enjoy life

E
E288888 11.12.21

Gutsz
I asked if it is possible to remove the jumps?

N
NorthernSky 11.12.21

Gutsz
The jump from 45 to 60 is very noticeable. And from 45 to 50/55 - yes, it is practically not felt. And this is without a program.

S
Stribogg 11.12.21

At me from 30 fps it often falls in Novigrad to about 15 .. Well, this is very much influencing the "playability" ...

G
Grandfather MastDai 11.12.21

Gutsz
With vertical sync enabled, I have 50-60 fps in Velen. At Skellig, there are stable 60. But in Novigrad, drawdowns are up to 40. So this is very noticeable to the eyes, regardless of whether it shows this number in the corner or not. At 40 I can't play at all, I'd rather lower the settings, but I'll play at 60 frames.
PS. I tried to lock on 30. I don’t understand at all how people play with such an FPS. This is especially noticeable during dynamic scenes.
Spoilerhttp: //www.progamer.ru/hardware/60-fps-games.htm

E
E288888 11.12.21

ZorbaBudda
what settings do you currently have? we have systems almost 1 in 1 current video I have 680.

K
Kryogen 11.12.21

Lower the setting and play stable 60fps.

G

Efim2888
In Novigrad, it doesn't matter what settings, even reducing everything to a minimum does not give stable 60 fps, and the difference between high and low is 2-3 fps. I play at medium-high. And of course without uber duper hair.

G

Gutsz
Spoiler

G

Efim2888
Spoiler

Vertical sync is on (there are fewer jumps, the picture is smoother), "Relief Quality" was twisted in every way, did not notice any difference either in the picture or in the fps. HBAO + in open spaces sheds from 1 to 5 frames, depending on the amount of grass.

a
a_noob_is 11.12.21

FPS drawdowns are not as important as some kind of camera jerks that occur when the vidyah at 99 is constantly loaded. it is worth putting a lock so that the download is lower, as soon as these microfreezes disappear. and they, too, are somehow strange that is, then no. in other games all the rules.

N
NorthernSky 11.12.21

W3aMisterWinner
For "smart people" - synchronization is not enabled, fps is limited by a third-party program. And, suddenly, everything becomes OK (he did it himself). Nothing swims, the mouse is vigorous.

E
E288888 11.12.21

ZorbaBudda
Set everything to high, except for the shadows to medium and the number of characters to min. Post processing everything is on, except for high definition it is on low and ssao. Incl. vetikalku, in the settings n-vidia put streaming optimization-on, After that, all the same, the jumps remained, but the microfreezes and twitching were gone. What's wrong with her? In gta 5, there is a maximum of 3-4 frames, and here they are 20, what for ...

G

W3aMisterWinner
It was not about vsync, but about limiting FPS, these are completely different things. Well, the vertical sync itself is not so scary as you described, I have from 40 to 75 off the jump, with 50-60 on. There is no mouse input lag. I don't need more than 60. And the effect of a torn picture is very noticeable and annoying. So my choice is clear.
Efim2888
Unfortunately, this is the optimization of the game for Kepler cards, the load on the video card at different locations is very different, hence the jumps. Maxwell is doing better.