3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
RGC 11.12.21 01:05 am

Powerful graphics card + so-so processor

In general, I have been sitting at such a conference for six months, I bought a GTX 980 video card, and I still have a percentage of five or six years ago - the i7 950, the very first generation. Well, I also took all the other components at the beginning of 2011. So the question arose, how much the processor "holds back" the video card, do I lose much in performance?
22 Comments
Sort by:
S
Shadows3D 11.12.21

Scopolamine
is simpler - you watch the tests of your card in conjunction with the best process, then you start the same game or test for yourself and oops - it will make a difference to you :)

M
MunchkiN 616 11.12.21

depends on the game of anti-aliasing and resolution.
in most graphic games such as the witcher's as-unit and gta5, most likely not at all approximately. approximately the same level of fps performance at the most extreme quality settings for 1080p.

R
RGC 11.12.21

MunchkiN 616
So the question arose only after installing the same AC Unity and DAI, in the Witcher at ultra without hair 60 fps is almost stable. In the Inquisition and the unit, the settings had to be reduced to almost medium, and the FPS still drops to 40 if not lower

M
MunchkiN 616 11.12.21

I have in the Inquisition on fx6100 from 690zh to 1600x1200 about 40-60fps. only drawdowns from lack of GPU memory, but that's another pitch story.
the game is probably just not working well with such a stone if he is to blame.

W
Wolfram carbide 11.12.21

Put msi afterburner and see where it is less than 60 fps and the load on the video is less than 100%, it means that there is not enough processor, or shitoptimizon. Or, as in a stalker, it eats 2 cores from 4x.

L
Lisstoman 11.12.21

Scopolamine
While I was waiting for the i7 6700k, I sat for a week on this configuration. In crysis 3, The Witcher 3, BF4 (on cards 32 + players) and gta 5, the processor drops fps on this configuration.

n
nickSIA 11.12.21

Scopolamine
If I were you, I would overclock this percentage and not steam.
He takes 4.0GHz without problems.
4.1GHz can be taken with a very good motherboard.

L
Lisstoman 11.12.21

nickSIA
There is very little sense from its overclocking. Mine took 4.2 GHz, but it just gave wild drawdowns.

D
Denis Kyokushin 11.12.21

Is it possible that in games for the old i7 the optimization is deliberately degraded? Here they are, the pitfalls of Intel

S
Shadows3D 11.12.21

[Denis Aleksandrovich]
hardly, it's just that a processor is not only the number of GHz it can run on, and a bunch of all sorts of goodies inside the SSE, MMX type, cache size, etc., a good example of MGS5 - a lot of people are still has not been able to start it yet. but all that is missing is support for one instruction SSE4.1

E
Esthetix 11.12.21

Scopolamine
10-15% restrains VC from the last generation of Intel 4790k, we do not take into account the 6th series.

C
CRASHBULLET 11.12.21

2500k at 980 no longer specifically channel

K
Kosh13 11.12.21

Now, no test can really confirm this to you.
Because there has not yet been a game released that could load the percent so.
I myself have an I5 750. I don’t remember anything loading it 100%. Another thing is that your 980 will be idle anyway until the next generation of consoles. But there you can already save up for a percentage.
And by the way, it will not hurt to add RAM to you. At least 4 gb more.

R
RicoChico 11.12.21

Weak I3s limit the power of top end cards.

MGS5 - a lot of people still can't launch it. But all that is missing is support for one SSE4.1 instruction
. Are they trying to start on old Cores?

D
Denis Kyokushin 11.12.21

Shadows3D
still can't get it up and running. but all that is missing is support for one instruction SSE4.1
The author has a different situation

Kosh13
I myself have an I5 750. I don’t remember that something was loading it 100%.
Someone wrote that Novigard loads 100%. I think Crisis 3 will also load

K
Kosh13 11.12.21

[Denis Aleksandrovich]
I had no problems with crisis 3, even when I still had 670.
The biggest CPU load on my memory was in dying light, about 90%. But this is more of an engine problem than a processor problem.
Even in July, Batman went with a bang. The processor load was at the level of 70%. I ate the RAM well, 9 GB. It's good that I have 12.
Novigrad is the Witcher as I understand it? I won't tell you here. I haven't really started yet. But where it took place (prologue, the beginning of the game), more than 50% of the percentage was not hammered.

D
Denis Kyokushin 11.12.21

Kosh13
I went through the whole Crisis 3 with such a load on the CPU:

But this did not mean that the problem

K
Kosh13 11.12.21

[Denis Alexandrovich]
Did you have the patience to go through the whole cruise? I just blew up the platinum and that's it, I couldn't go on. Boredom is mortal.

K
Kosh13 11.12.21

[Denis Aleksandrovich]
And by the way, the screenshot does not enlarge. I can't see anything.

D
Denis Kyokushin 11.12.21

Kosh13
At first, yes, it's boring. And then, as it goes, it goes ... It tightens up.
Especially, I liked the onion)
http://img.playground.ru/images/4/7/crysis3_2014-05-02_15-43-24.png
Why doesn't the screen open? , then press on it a little longer, and there "OPEN IMAGE"