3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Mummy Troll 11.12.21 01:19 am

Problems and solutions (Euro Truck Simulator 2)

Hello everyone. I'm talking about modifications. In general, I'll tell you: I started my career on the Iveco Hi-WAY truck and I still drive it. I like this tractor most of all. I found modifications for it on the Internet, downloaded and installed (white interior, side skirts and vinyl). After a while I wanted to change everything and I decided to delete these modifications. But it turned out not so simple. From where I started: everything that was in the "Mod" folder was deleted. Then I started the game. message that there are no modifications. I clicked continue. After it was necessary to start the old save, in which these modifications were not. Unfortunately, I do not have such saves and I launched the top one. I did not have an exit, because I started the game with the modifications already installed. What happened in the end: there were no problems with the skirts and vinyl, but I don’t know what to do with the interior, how to fix it.The outside view of the cabin is now not the same as the inside. It is displayed incorrectly. Everything is fine inside, but from the outside you can see white seats, half painted. The cradle is completely different from the one I see from the inside. HOW DO I FIX IT? “I sold the old truck, bought a new one. It didn’t help.
In addition, I still have a few questions:
What is the correct way to delete modifications (this question also applies to global modifications, for example, mods such as "Autumn", "Winter", various maps ....)? How to restore everything to default, for the game to work correctly?
How to update the version of the mod for the game? I will give an example: the author of Jazzycat (I think it is clear who it is), the mods for the game are constantly updated, as well as the game itself. What should I do? Remove the old version and install a new one? Or just add and activate?
13 Comments
Sort by:
b
bobrdobr 11.12.21

Mumiy Troll
Before removing a mod on a truck, the first and most important thing is to disable / remove all the bells and whistles and then be sure to sell the truck. Restart the game, uninstall / disable the mod in the Mod Manager, restart the game again. If you wish (if you do not need it at all) then delete the mod from the mod folder
For other mods .... Read the readmi.txt files (text file), which the authors (normal authors) write to their mods. Usually they are in the archive with the mod itself.
This is short .. :-))

x
xpupkinkirkma 11.12.21

Mumiy Troll
I agree with the above.
And now about the cards: so, cards cannot be changed at all during the game / career. That is, you cannot change the same Promods to TSM. You can only update the card to a newer version, say Promods 1.97 to Promods 1.98, and so on with all cards. And even more so, there is no need to turn off offline maps, because then the profile will stupidly fly out at the entrance ... and yes, if you turn off the track on which you drove the last time, it will also fly out.
Winter, autumn, spring, all kinds of "weather" are usually turned off painlessly. Traffic too, but mods for cargo should be disabled only when they are "empty", but if you disable it on the road, the game itself will normalize everything.

v
vovangt4 11.12.21

xpupkinkirkma You
can change maps, at least how many, the maximum log will write that it cannot find a garage in some cities, I have a profile since version 1.3.1 and I have changed various maps on it many times and now there is a promo and rusmap and everything is fine.

v
vovangt4 11.12.21

Mumiy Troll I will
join the words of bobrdobr that before turning off a mod for tuning or an independent truck (if there is no such in the game), you need to completely remove everything that can be from it and sell, although you can sell without removing, everything will still be sold, and if the truck is standard then it is not necessary to sell it, you just need to completely remove everything that is possible from it, just before disconnecting the autonomous trailer or pack, it is imperative to complete the current flight, save and exit, disable the mod after that, it is advisable to restart the game.

v
vovangt4 11.12.21

xpupkinkirkma
The profile crashes only if you had an offline card with its own module, and if the card uses the default Europe module, then when the cards are disconnected, the default card will be loaded! I myself turned off from my profile with cards promods, poland, rusmap all cards were loaded with a profile with a default card, and the same thing happened when I turned off the cards of Mario VE EAA and others in another profile, the default was loaded.

x
xpupkinkirkma 11.12.21

vovangt4
But the red log is not good.

v
vovangt4 11.12.21

xpupkinkirkma The
log is red from the fact that it cannot find a garage in some city, and these inscriptions go up rather quickly and the eyes do not get sick, and there will never be a departure because of this! The main thing is to sell a garage in a city that no longer exists.

E
Evgeni42 11.12.21

vovangt4
Vololya good time of the day. I have a problem with this mod http://www.playground.ru/files/ets2_volvo_fh16_2012_reworked_v_2_3_1_21-105683/ I did everything with the above comments. In general, I turned off this mod, I buy a new tractor, I get behind the wheel and take off. Please connect behind the wheel again and drive off. Help Volodya.

v
vovangt4 11.12.21

Evgeni42
This Volvo replaces the default Volvo and, accordingly, will conflict with the same mods that replace the default Volvo 2012 type ohaha, try to put it above all, it may then stop flying. And disable other substitutes for the default

E
Evgeni42 11.12.21

vovangt4
Volodya, I just want to turn it off and it doesn’t work. Of the substitutes for the default It is worth Reno T, but I went with it with a default normally. And also a Mercedes with a Karen's cabin and turn signals on the mirrors.

E
Evgeni42 11.12.21

vovangt4
And I have it above them

v
vovangt4 11.12.21

Evgeni42
Renault T independent, which means it does not turn off

E
Evgeni42 11.12.21

vovangt4 Yes Reno not dependent is registered in a separate slot. I'm trying to disable the mod to replace the default Volvo. I go into the game and buy a tractor for the wheel and take off. I connected it again and everything went.