3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Sivka-pro 11.12.21 01:55 am

Freeze and gray screen after meditation. Patch 1.10 (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Guys who faced such a problem, help me figure it out!
After installing the new patch 1.10 and the "Stone Hearts" DLC, the game began to freeze, that is: in the game I press "meditate", then meditation occurs (the clock with arrows moves), after which I need to press Esc to exit the menu "meditation", but immediately after pressing Esc a gray screen appears, while the sound of the game continues, the game freezes and the computer does not respond to all commands: Ctrl + Alt + del; Alt + F4; Alt + Tab and the Windows button. It feels like the computer is freezing. It only helps reset on the case .....
I do not understand what could be the reason (((computer characteristics:
-process I7 4790K; 16 GB RAM; GeForce GTX970 video; motherboard-MSI G97gaming5.
In general, the system is new and powerful ... Yesterday night I ran Memtest out of the RAM-errors and did not find artifacts ..
Before that, the game was played on patches 1.6-1.7-1.8.4 - everything worked fine, the computer did not warm up, the processor temperature was 55-60 degrees WITH; vidyakhi-55-65grad S. These are the same indicators and for the entire passage there was not a single departure .. the version of the game is GOG-license!
Please help me figure out this problem. If anyone has encountered this bug, either a game, or a new patch! What could be the problem: is it a bug in patch 1.10, or is there something wrong in my system ???
3 Comments
Sort by:
T
TimKar 11.12.21

Sivka-pro
there can be no patch bug, my meditation is normal

I
Iasthope 11.12.21

Sivka-pro
Most likely the second option, try to play again and run in parallel a program that changes the temperature. The heating season has begun, so perhaps because of this, the computer began to warm up (near the battery, is it not worth it by chance?) Or is it just that the thermal paste is outdated. In any case, you need to make sure whether it overheats or not. And then call the master (if necessary).

S
Sivka-pro 11.12.21

Iasthope
Yes it is, with the temperature everything is in order: the temperature of the processor is 55-60 deg C; vidyakhi-55-65grad S. These are the same indicators and for the entire passage there was not a single departure .. the version of the game is GOG-license!
Or maybe this is due to the overclocking of the vidyuhi (maybe due to the voltage of the increased or overestimated frame rate) ???
Right now I tried to play for about 1.5 hours and meditated 5 times - there were no flights)