3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
m
mmalek97 11.12.21 02:40 am

Performance Issues (Grand Theft Auto 4)

Why does the game give me 20 fps?
Percent: FX 8320
Vidyaha: r9 270

Archive:
01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 |
25 Comments
Sort by:
G
Givemethedust 11.12.21

turn off the shadows.

L
Leonid65 11.12.21

HELP how to increase memory in the game on video -716 mb

d
dbdh etheth 11.12.21

Gentlemen, I apologize for the offtopic. But can someone tell me? Why does GTA lV give out at maximum speeds of 45-55 fps? System: GTX970 Palit + i5 4690. And such a baida in the graphics settings. Game license. Dear admin, do not delete the message, please.

Spoiler

I
IOne86 11.12.21

dbdh etheth
I also have a GTX 970 and a core i5-750 @ 3.8 GHz and the same bullshit.

The developers have not tested the game on video cards with 4GB of memory. there were no such video cards at the time of the game's release. Hence the interface glitch, but this glitch does not affect performance, you can ignore it.

Poor performance is caused by poor optimization of the game, it lacks a processor.
You can download PlayClaw http://www.playclaw.ru/download.php it can be configured to show the load of processor and video card cores. The processor will be loaded almost completely, and the video card will be about half.

d
dbdh etheth 11.12.21

IOne86
Thanks for the advice!

M
Maxell23 11.12.21

dbdh etheth the
same problem on 780 but I solved it!

G
Ghosttrou 11.12.21

Hello everyone! I have such a problem, I look at the reviews on Gta 4 and the fx 6300 processor and the amd r9 270x video card.
The reviews show that the game is running at max. settings and everything is smooth! just as many say that everything is good and everything pulls!
But damn it, I don't even have a max, this game lags, not that it’s just a drop of lag, but it happens that fps drops by 10-15 and twitches!
What to do? have any tips? Amd
fx 6300
processor r9 270x graphics

-
-SlashuuR- 11.12.21

Reduce the distance of the drawing, she's chewing hellishly there. And cut out the vert. sync.

E
Energy death 11.12.21

-SR-
Ghosttrou
there from iron the most required is a vidyashka with 2 gigabytes of memory. everything else works on computers that are already over 5 years old, so there you have it, change the firewood, try radeon, those still bag cards, well, check your PC for a heap of useless junk that can slow down the game and everything else.

-
-SlashuuR- 11.12.21

Energy Death
There vidyashki with a gigabyte behind the eyes, the video memory counter is phony, it can be unlocked. And the most demanding thing in the game is the CPU. FPS drawdowns due to crappy optimization.

E
Energy death 11.12.21

-SR-
at one time, my 580gtx with 1.5 gigabytes of memory was not enough for the max settings and when they were twisted to the limit, the brakes started, so the counter is far from fake and just the same working. but on the contrary, there is a minimum load on the percentage, at least on the pentium E6800 the game works fine, unless of course you turn the slider to the limit.

n
northern alcoholic 11.12.21

If you know how many fps, you most likely turned on fraps before the game. The game is worse with it. Try turning it off, but I don’t think it will help you.

M
MunchkiN 616 11.12.21

the processor needs 4 GHz or higher. I have fx6100 4.0-4.5 NT2400mhz normally lane this game on a max
square 9650 also pulled the game starting from 3.6ghz to 4ghz pulled it seems to be normal.
played with ENB and ultragraphics in GPU drivers.
yes, and would you be good for gta 4

g
gin_1995 11.12.21

Good day! Comrades, your help is required. "Moderator, please do not delete the topic. Searching for a solution to this problem on all PG forums and Nat is awfully lazy!"
Such a situation, I have been playing it for about a year from 11-12, with breaks. But I was always worried about one and the same problem. Now I am ripe to look for a solution to it.
In general, low FPS on the street, within 15-25 frames per second, is terribly inconvenient, especially when there are races or chases and you collect all the passing cars and poles. But when I enter the building, a sharp rise to 57 and a slow descent to 35-40 frames per second. I used to sin on the screw, because it turned out to be very slow and the data exchange, accordingly, did not allow to play normally. The screw was changed, but the problem was not solved and again this is the case.
Steam version of the game, it seems like the last one.
Iron data:
Operating system Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
CPU type DualCore Intel Core i5-650, 3333 MHz (25 x 133)
Asus P7P55 LX motherboard (3 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 2 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR3 DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN)
System memory 4087 MB (DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM)
Video adapter AMD Radeon HD 5700 (5770) Series (1024 MB)

Please help with the solution of this issue.
The problem manifests itself at all levels of tuning.

The problems of settings, performance, work on various configurations are discussed in this topic. Postponed.

B
Bogdanz 11.12.21

If I really looked, I would have found it long ago. From the very beginning of the release of the game on the PC, it has a unique feature, like - poor optimization, you can't do anything here, alas.

G
Gauguin 11.12.21

The answer is simple - you have old hardware, very old indeed. In addition, GTA4 is processor-dependent, without four cores it is generally better not to go there, at least "sand" cores.

g
gin_1995 11.12.21

Bogdanz Content
Gauguin
I bought the box in 2010 in September, as far as I know, the game of the year 2009. And all these pieces of iron cost me 30k at that time. And I very much doubt that the problem is in my hardware, most likely I will more agree with the author of the first advice.

M
MunchkiN 616 11.12.21

requires more computer
, I do not even know that there is a weakness of the game CPU or GPU
personally experience minimal CPU for a maximum of the game in the square ku9650 3.6ggts normal operation is possible only 4GHz. for modern amd fx you also need 4 GHz. this requires some card for more than a gig. mk if the textures are set close to the gig at certain angles, the map may slow down.

J
JackReacher 11.12.21

What's the catch? Comp - GTX 980, Core I5, 8 gb ram. Windows 7 64 bit.
The game jumps at high from 55 to 25 fps. Someone says that this is because of Windows, they say the game is not friends with the seven, give it XP, someone because of optimization, but it can't be that bad!

M
MunchkiN 616 11.12.21

nonsense, played on v7 x64. For the game, a powerful processor is at least equivalent to i5 2500k and faster with a large frequency up to 4 GHz.
For example, I recently played on overclocked on the bus fx som + 4 GHz by a multiplier. the minimum FPS is about 40, while the processor is almost 2e slower than a similar Intel with the same frequency ..