3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
D.Artist 11.12.21 02:51 am

Impressions of the full game (Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z)

Since no one started, I'll start myself ...
So, we have before us an obvious off-spin of the Ninja Gaiden games that has nothing to do with them at all, except for the presence of the main protagonist of the series, Ryu Hayabusa.
I went through the PC version myself, the impressions are something like this:

In general, everything is colorful and lively - finishing touches, leveling, perks, everything is in modern fashion. The game has humor, dumb-dumb, but still very funny moments. The main character turned out to be incredibly charismatic, probably if the hero was Ryu again in the game of the chapters, I probably would have missed the game or abandoned it in the middle. For some reason, the game wildly resembles the original from the NES, Yaiba's costume is stylized exactly like Ryu's original costume, the scenery at some point also resembles metal hanging paths, burning towers, psychedelic monsters, etc. As if I fell into childhood, honestly ...

Now, point by point:
- Gameplay: addictive, awesome combos and there are a lot of them, there is dash, there is no cansel, and there is no air combat (well, you can't jump at all), a very strange mechanic for a slasher, but oh well ... the mechanics, although very weak for a slasher , but the gameplay, despite the very simple mixes with 100 zombies, sometimes gives out the most fierce hardcore. I can't name another slasher, where ordinary enemies skillfully dodge attacks, block and counterattack your combos, not to mention the fact that after missing just one series of attacks, Yaiba immediately dies. Boss fights are mostly unremarkable, but 2 of them in particular, I will not spoil, but this is something.
- Plot: generally speaking - it is not (as is customary in slashers, nothing new, this is clearly not a minus), but there are glimpses, they explain to us how it all worked out, especially the fact that the action takes place in Ukraine (most of the game) with the participation of Russian soldiers, well, or almost a soldier ... I was grumbling in places, ETOGES not zombies, just ordinary residents, kmh, drunks ... No, well, this is brilliant!
- Graphics: I'm not a fan of sat down shading, but when they do it beautifully, it's a sin not to note, UE3 produces an excellent picture, optimization is above all praise, the only thing is some special. the effects are just disgusting, explosions for example ... well, that's a trifle.
- Sound: The music is gorgeous, the overall sound design is excellent, the sound. the effects are very juicy, fit perfectly into what is happening. The voice acting, as always, is excellent, the original, how could it be otherwise?

Verdict: in recent years, several slashers have been released, I will not cite everything, but the main ones: DmC, MGRR and Castlevania1 / 2, and so all these games actually suck the bolt without bending over the new Ninja Gaiden, in terms of hardcore they did not lie nearby, passing the game, I came across fights that are comparable only with DMC3 on DMD and this is normal in NGZ, especially replayability ... ...
There are some bugs in the game that I believe will be fixed, but overall I'm very happy.

10/10, Gospade 10/10!
15 Comments
Sort by:
U
UncleJohn 11.12.21

I really love slashers, and to be honest, the whole ninja gaiden series was misleading me.
But THIS Part of me amazed me with its stupidity! You need to cut the crowd of zombies with a half-blade, press all sorts of buttons and all this ON A HORRIBLE, MUDDY, DRAWED GRAPHICS!

D
Demonyx 11.12.21

D.Artist
You are clearly going overboard . The game is good, mainly because of its hardcore, but nothing more. Certainly not as much better than the others, as you wrote. Castlevania, MGR, DmC are great games. If we take the NG series, then the NG3 RE released a year ago will still be better. In the cons, I would write down the short duration and unrealistic jumping complexity. The pluses of the cool GG, excellent, sometimes black, humor, well, the setting is nothing.
PS: Arcade Mode generally killed to shit))))

D
D.Artist 11.12.21

Demonyx
Castlevania, MGR, DmC - very, very weak games, to list why is long and does not make sense, I have been replaying NGZ for the third time. Among the minuses, there is only some bugs, but in general, just a bomb.

m
monkone 11.12.21

The game is class and very hardcore if you don't believe you can watch this video or just watch and check it out.

B
BAZKIN 11.12.21

how to beat the last boss when he shot his eyes with mucus and his face is on fire. what to do then?

V
Vanya Vatov 11.12.21

I’m even somehow scared to run a game with that name.

P
Paul Atreides 11.12.21

It could have turned out to be an excellent game, but it turned out to be a piece of d. Firstly, the impossibility of controlling the camera is just infuriating. Secondly, if I want hardcore, I turn the difficulty to the maximum and get masochistic pleasure (which I did in my favorite games that I played many times - the Mass Effect series, Dead Space series, Resident Evil 5, Fallout 3 and NW, etc.) ... Why should I, playing on easy difficulty, spend a lot of time and nerves on passing a short battle or the final boss, which, by the way, I never got through - I spat and deleted it to hell. This game is not just the second time, but the first one is sickening to play. Again, monotonous opponents, very thick-skinned. The same weapon. All this quickly gets boring and tiring. Acrobatics is just easy and not annoying. This is what I have no complaints about so it is to the visual range and style - it looks pretty nice and funny. By the way, during the game several times I caught a bug in the form of the immortality of a Persian until the end of the level or restart the game, in some places this nice (specifically in the subject) bug helped a lot, it's a pity I didn't get out on the final boss, then I would have gone through the game to the end. IMHO 4/10. Unfortunately...

P
Paul Atreides 11.12.21

D.Artist will answer the last paragraph of the first post: the subject does all the games listed solely in terms of complexity, which I personally do not consider a plus, because the difficulty should be chosen by the player himself at the start of the game, and not by krivorukoy clumsy morons developers, who did not come up with anything smarter and more varied, how to shower the player with crowds of thick-skinned half-bosses, or the final boss killed for half an hour without a single checkpoint, you had to think of it, with such a curve and inconvenient mechanics. Well, actually what could be expected from the developers of Turning Point: Fall of Liberty, Legendary and Lost Planet 3 - all three sludge of varying degrees of sludge. Here is the fourth added.

D
D.Artist 11.12.21

Paul Atreides
There are no thick-skinned enemies in the game at all, you need to know the combos and use the elements competently, you can unwind anyone in no time, here the approach seems to go stupidly and will not score a ride. The last boss is at least something of itself, and not like in the others listed - it falls from one spit ... I

played the game 5 times with pleasure, everything is perfectly passable, for the third time I almost did not even die, the only serious minus is not one patch did not work, the bugs remained, but rarely come across, nothing critical.

Lost Planet 3 is better than both previous games at times, you can't even compare, they made a solid game from the fierce Japanese trash with excellent immersion, polished gameplay and an intelligible GG with a story.

P
Paul Atreides 11.12.21

D.Artist
There are no thick-skinned enemies ?! Take for the sake of interest, type in Google reviews of the subject, and on the first page of the search, choose any and read, you can go to Criticism and read a few. I read about a dozen retsuchs on the subject and agree with everyone. If you find at least one with a rating higher than 6/10, give a link. Basically, they put 3-5 points and everyone agrees that the game is monotonous and meager for enemies and weapons to the point of dullness, the difficulty jumps just wildly, the plot is absent by default. Along the way, you are the only one who rated it so highly (as much as 10/10!) And consider it an easy walk. And what about a dull sandbox with dimensions of 10x10 m / sq with three bosses and one repair kit ... For me, this was one of the strongest disappointments of the past year. I barely made it to the end, it was so sad.

D
D.Artist 11.12.21

Paul Atreides
The studio is small, you know, you can't give out suitcases to everyone, against the background of completely shitty slashers that have been thrown in in recent years, it stands out very much in its concept and a rather charismatic main character, and there is humor, it is excellent, the game itself is brutal, I don’t know, really because of hands directly the game should be so dirty, moreover, unique in the gameplay plan, in 90% of slashers it is necessary to mindlessly hit the buttons without thinking about which of the opponents should be put in priority, straightening out first. Thinking a little with your head, at first glance, you can turn "fat" enemies into minced meat by setting fire to, pouring acid, electrifying, etc. The difficulty, by the way, is not jumping at all, it rises very consistently as you progress, and there is clearly nothing impassable in the game, you just have to try to do it differently, change tactics,

The reviews are guided mainly by people who do not have their own opinion, but their armless casuals who are accustomed to console one-button gameplay write. There are a lot of underestimated games, and all sorts of conveyors and other slag that come out annually receive the highest marks from them, all this is very funny and sad.

LP3 is also clearly not for a mass audience, there are many different chips, the only game where I felt that I was on a planet with extremely cold conditions, these cool inserts, how Jim sits in the cockpit waiting for the storm, which I never felt in the same DS3 , and the fight in furs is not badly done, no matter how - the variety. Everything is on the level, the gameplay is measured, the game is conducive to walking around the surroundings, enjoying the scenery, freezing glass, etc., it's gorgeous, simple, the picture is great, the music too. Most probably want dumb shooter errands ... I don't even know, although it is quite typical.

P
Paul Atreides 11.12.21

D.Artist
Perhaps I will answer you with your own phrase from our dispute with you on the topic of Killer is Dead:
"And what the hell, why argue? I'm glad that after all someone likes her, although I will never understand it."
Although I can understand you. You liked all this comic cartoonishness, frivolity and outright foolishness in the subject, plus hardcore. I like this style too. But tell me, what prevented the developers from making a controlled sane camera - laziness or lack of funds? Why didn't you make an elementary leap? And it's in the slasher! After all, there is something in all the slashers you crave, and the control is just convenient. Again, a very meager arsenal, little useful pumping, and the monotony of enemies and bosses. Here are 5 types of enemies and 3 bosses. Shuffle in different variations. Well sooooo varied, there is nothing to say!
Regarding the fact that someone is guided by reviews ... And where did I write that I do this? In my opinion, focusing on someone or comparing your impressions (while agreeing or not) of a completely completed game are a little different things, don't you think? I almost always do this after beating any game. What is wrong with that? I have my own head and my own grades. I often disagree with the reviewers and argue with them, as it happened before at AG with Nomad.
To be offended that everyone around you criticized your favorite game ... Forget it, the main thing is that you get pleasure from it. I didn't succeed, although I tried.
By the way, passed the final boss and changed my rating to 6/10. As for the complexity, I may have got excited, but I cannot forgive the management, the scarcity and monotony.
We will not argue about LP 3. I liked the first parts and from the third I expected something else.

H
HITOVIKcom 11.12.21

Impressions from the full version of the game)))))))))))))))) but there is not complete

P
Paul Atreides 11.12.21

HITOVIKcom
What a wit? Never heard of demos?

B
BAZKIN 11.12.21

fierce hardcore, sometimes after the game my finger hurt (played on the pad): D graphics and music are excellent, humor in places, of course, at the level of kindergarten, but the dynamics and drive are at a height