3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
PNC 13.12.21 12:11 am

Patch 1.08. (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Because 1.7 turned out to be wildly crooked, they promise to cut 1.8 faster
engThe next patch will be arriving quite soon. Please check the list of changes below.

PERFORMANCE:
Overall improvements to performance, including some issues that may have been caused by 1.07.

UI:
[Japanese Only] [PS4 Only] Fixes an issue where the background text of certain books would flicker.
Fixes an issue where part of the Kaer Morhen map would not display properly.

GAMEPLAY:
Fixes a rare issue where items would disappear from the stash.
Fixes a very rare issue which would cause Geralt to get stuck when trying to run.
The interaction pop-up will no longer appear on lootable objects that are empty.
Fixes an occasional glitch in one of the dwarf combat animations.
Heads chopped off during finishers will no longer disappear.
"Players can perform a roll just before landing to significantly reduce the damage caused by falling.
We've added a tutorial pop-up window explaining this to make it clearer."
In patch 1.07, the level requirements for certain items were scaled up, leaving some players stuck with only unusable gear. With patch 1.08, we are introducing the Wolven Hour potion. This potion will be available in everyone's inventory once they install the patch. It will reduce level requirements on all gear for a period of one hour. This will give players time to level up or find alternative equipment using the gear that was available to them in patch 1.05 but became unusable after patch 1.07. After one hour, the potion's effects will cease and the requirements for all gear will revert to their original, pre-potion values.
Fixes an issue where players were unable to compare their items with ones sold by merchants.

ACHIEVEMENTS:
Players will now be able to complete the Card Collector achievement.
Achievements are now working properly again and will be unlocked if players meet their requirements after installing this patch (PC version).

GRAPHICS:
Fixes an issue where interiors would sometimes not display properly on the minimap.
Fixes an issue where certain world elements would sometimes be missing and noticeable visual glitches would be present while in Novigrad.

QUEST:
Fixes an issue where players were unable to finish the "It Takes Three to Tango" quest, even though they had obtained wine at the Kingfisher.
Fixes an issue where Geralt would sometimes die after traveling to Velen in the quest "Something Ends, Something Begins."
The entrance to the area where the Sunstone is obtained will no longer be blocked off if the player exits it prematurely during "The Sunstone" quest.
Fixes an issue where players were unable to complete the "Get Junior" quest on certain occasions.
Fixes an issue where players were unable to finish the "Scavenger Hunt: Viper School Gear" quest due to a closed gate.
Fixes an issue where some players were unable to investigate rooms during the "Family Matters" quest, effectively blocking their progression.
Fixes an issue where players were unable to finish the "Hey, You Wanna Look at my Stuff?" quest.
Fixes an issue where players were unable to talk to Roche during the "An Eye for an Eye" quest.
Fixes an issue where Roche would stay at his camp instead of going to the Oxenfurt Bridge in the "Get Junior" quest.
Fixes an issue where, under certain circumstances, Yennefer would not appear in Oxenfurt during the "The Great Escape" quest.
Drowners will have a harder time killing Nidas during the "Black Pearl" quest.
Fixes an issue which led to an infinite loading screen during the "To Bait a Forktail ..." quest under certain circumstances.
Fixes a rare issue where the basement was locked during the "King's Gambit" quest.
Fixes an issue where players were unable to free the merchant during the Person in Distress event in the Claywich area.

Fixes an issue where players were unable to talk to Roche during the "Brothers in Arms" quest.
Fixes an issue where Zoltan's card was unobtainable.

GENERAL:
Preparatory features paving the way for the introduction of New Game + in the future.

EnPerformance:

• General performance improvements, including resolution of problems caused by patch 1.07

User interface:

• For Japanese PS4 only. Fixed an issue where the background text of some books flickered.

• Fixed an issue due to which part of the map of Kaer Morhen was not displayed correctly.

Gameplay:

• Fixed a rare problem when items disappeared from the cache.

• Fixed an issue that caused Geralt to get stuck while running.

• The interaction window no longer pops up in empty objects for collecting loot.

• Fixed a bug with one combat animation.

• Severed heads will no longer disappear after they are cut off.

• Players can do somersaults before landing to significantly reduce fall health damage. We've added a tutorial pop-up explaining this in-game feature to make it clear to the player.

• In patch 1.07, the level requirements for some types of weapons and ammunition were expanded, as a result of which some players were faced with the problem of using them. In patch 1.08, we are introducing the "Hour of the Wolf" potion. This potion will be available in everyone's inventory as soon as the player installs patch 1.08. This potion reduces the level of requirements for all weapons and ammunition for one hour. This will give players time to level up or find and use alternative weapons and equipment that were available to them after patch 1.05, but were no longer available for use after patch 1.07 was installed. After one hour after use, the effects of the potion will disappear and the requirements for all types of weapons and equipment will return to their original values, which were before the use of the "Hour of the Wolf" potion.

• Fixed a problem where players could not compare their items with those items that were previously sold to merchants.

Achievements:

• Players will now be able to get the "Card Collector" achievement.

• After installing the patch, all achievements will work correctly, of course, if the player has met all the conditions to receive them.

Graphics:

• Fixed an issue where interiors sometimes did not display properly on the minimap.

• Fixed a problem when some objects sometimes disappeared. Also fixed visual glitches that were encountered in Novigrad.

Quests:

• Fixed an issue where players could not complete the "Three of Tango" quest even if they received good wine.

• Fixed a problem when Geralt sometimes died after a trip to Velen in the quest "Something begins, something ends."

• The entrance to the area where the "Sunstone" is obtained will no longer be blocked if the player exits prematurely during the "Sunstone" quest.

• Fixed an issue where players could not complete the "Hunt for the Younger" quest in some cases.

• Fixed an issue where players could not complete the quest "Witcher Antiquities: Equipment of the Snake School", due to the closed gate.

• Fixed an issue where some players could not explore the premises in the quest "Family Matters", which effectively blocked the quest.

• Fixed an issue where players could not complete the quest "Hey, do you want to see my stuff?"

• Fixed an issue where players could not speak to Roche in the "Eye for an Eye" quest.

• Fixed a problem when Roche remained in his camp, and did not go to the Ochsenfurt bridge in the quest "Hunt for the Younger."

• Fixed a problem where, under certain circumstances, Yennefer did not appear in Oxenfurt during the quest "The Great Escape".

• You will now have more time to save Nidas when the drowned people try to kill him during the "Black Pearl" quest.

• Fixed a problem that sometimes led to an endless loading screen during the quest "In order to lure the pitchfork."

• Fixed a rare issue where the basement was locked in the King's Gambit quest.

• Fixed an issue where players could not free the merchant from the captivity of robbers in the area of ​​the village of Claywich.

• Trolls in the circle of elements will no longer attack Geralt if he chooses a peaceful solution to the problem.

• Fixed an issue where players could not speak to Roche during the Brothers in Arms quest.

• Fixed a problem where the playing card "Zoltan" was unavailable.

General fixes:

• Preparatory fixes and the introduction of new game features necessary for the introduction of the New Game + mode in the future.

PS In addition, Marcin Momu was asked when the players will see new plot fixes and innovations for Triss Merigold. He replied that the developers will definitely make these game innovations, but in the next patches.
177 Comments
Sort by:
Z
Zardonic_i_am 13.12.21

rolled the patch continued to play from the old saves. it rains all the time (is it possible to fix it somehow?

T
Thorgal 13.12.21

Nice patch. I drove a little with him and deleted the game. After all, I passed it on 1.06 ... I'm waiting for autumn and DLC.

m
mister611 13.12.21

propeller-faust
Try restarting all this original shit, or better, go to steam
- why are you so against Origin? Native EA games work and update seamlessly with it. Regarding Steam, I will not say anything bad either, there are a lot of games on it, but problems with updates and normal operation happened in it, for example GTA5 (read the forums).
I believe that it is best for any game to use its native distribution and support platform, and not activate the game twice, first in incentive or original, and then in GOG (The Witcher 3) or Rockstar Games (GTA 5) or else where, then there will be no unnecessary red tape, misunderstandings and glitches in games. Steam is good for native games (from Valve) or those games that don't have their own direct platforms but are supported directly through Steam.
Following this simple decision, when buying a game, I never have any difficulties with them, which is what I wish everyone!
Patch 1.08 was installed normally via GOG, without any problems, everything is in order with the game, I continue to have fun))

S
Sivka-pro 13.12.21

In the new patch 1.08, the following bugs were found in my new patch 1.08:
1. Immediately after the cutscene in which Ciri, along with the elf Avallak'h, summon Eredin's ship before the final battle with Imlerich, the "Cases of State Importance" quest is considered to be failed, ALTHOUGH COMPLETED ALL ITS PREVIOUS PARTS AND KILLED BY THE DIIXTRA (Roche and Bianca side selected)! All points are lit with a green icon, and the quest is still considered failed (((
2. In the final battle with Imlerich, after Ciri broke his magic staff, Herald thawed and the battle seems to continue, but Imlerich stands still and nothing happens (You can stupidly approach him and kill him on the spot.) After that, a cut-scene starts when Gerald floats to the surface.
3. In the second ending, when Ciri becomes the queen of Nilfgaard, add. the task "Stop the horse" does not count, and it still weighs in in the tasks, even after the end of the game ... Although I stopped the horse and watched the cut-scene with the soldier.
In short, are these new bugs ??? Who-thread encountered them in patch 1.08 ???

G
Garrus-1994 13.12.21

shorter than 1.04 to this day the best patch. I'll stay on it, for the time being) When the patches finish rivet, then I'll put the latest version)

O
Old_Nick 13.12.21

Sivka-pro
p. 1 - I caught it for the first time at 1.05, maybe it was like that before, but I didn't get to this place on earlier versions. In any case, 1.08 - nothing to do with
item 3 - the same, with only one difference: item 1 - for all, and item 3 - "floating", maybe, maybe not. From the same area, the quest "Timer values" from the BS - may hang in the "treasures" section, although everything was found at the very beginning of the game,
item 2 - did not come across. Only yesterday the final battle took place - everything is fine

a
avCastro 13.12.21

After installing patch 1.08, it turned out: It

's somehow boring without Geralt! (Can I do something about this?

v
vovastij 13.12.21

Started the game from the beginning, with patch 1.08, deleted old saves.
In Velene, near the village of Svorki, there is a "Deserted village", having released it, the question mark disappeared on the map, residents appeared, etc.
Today, having completed the task with Leto, I found the same question mark in the same place.
I pinned myself there again - the sign does not disappear, and the area is liberated.

How many more patches do the Poles need to concoct to make the game glitch-free?

M
Mikhail Khripkov 13.12.21

People help the problem with the weight of the backpack.
Completely stripped, completely thrown off everything, and the weight is over 100, completely empty without armor without elixirs, everything is empty at all. Who faced it? How to fix it?

E
Ellinka 13.12.21

Sivka-pro
The same problem with "Affairs of State Importance". She also drenched Diykstra and took Roche's side, everything is fine, the quest goes to completed, but as soon as I continue the game, she solemnly informs me that the quest has failed. Probably the rest of the glitches in the set are also present, it just did not reach.

m
mister611 13.12.21

vovastij
How many more patches do Poles need to concoct to make the game glitch-free?
- I think you just need to buy the game and update it normally, and not "quack" and complain about glitches and bad developers. How much I play both before and after the patch - I have not seen any glitches in the game.

S
Sheff322 13.12.21

Garrus-1994
Support and confirm 1.04 best patch

S
Sheff322 13.12.21

mister611
means "bad" played

O
Old_Nick 13.12.21

GOG updated p.1.08_2.0.0.35 to 1.08.1_2.0.0.36
Fixes:
"Introduces a retro-active fix to some of the achievements that were amended in the patch 1.08.
Adds sources for scripts (mod support). "
Fixed achievements and some addition of scripts to support mods.
What does the latter mean - h.z.
Either a mod designer is being prepared for release, or another preparation for NI +

p
pelligrim 13.12.21

mister611,
before giving comments about the purchase, I would have figured out that the game initially has no protection, which means there are no "cracks" for it, and all the bugs that are there, well, have nothing to do with hacking. Be glad that you did not meet the problems that many here talk about, you were just lucky.

O
Old_Nick 13.12.21

Damn, well, how many times have already written: it's not about buying, it's not about protection and not about cracks!
The point is in the repacks - i.e. versions in which "aftar" packed / cut the game resources!
In such assemblies, after installing patches designed for full content, glitches are guaranteed.
While on a full, not curtailed license, they only can be
Toad strangling to pay?
Well, if you don't give a shit about the developers, at least take care of yourself, your beloved: download the full licensed version! There are fewer of them on torrents than repacks, but finding is not a problem, and yes - in this case, there is no difference with the paid one.
But no - yes, they profit from the pumping, and then "they cry, and moan, and beat against the side of the ship!"

v
vovastij 13.12.21

mister611
Before writing something like that, it would be nice to ask if the game is licensed or not.
So, in principle, I always buy a license, no matter what the game is. (The salary allows, and I still have Soviet hardening.)
If I use repacks, then only as an introduction to the game, it costs the same money asking or not.
For your information, a good repack is no worse than the original if you know whose distribution to download.
Example - The Witcher 2 - while we, the licensees, were dancing with tambourines and waiting for the next patches - the repack from Phoenix proved to be excellent, I myself went through the whole game on his repack, and then, after all the corrections from the Poles, I played my collectible.

v
vovastij 13.12.21

Old_Nick
While they can only be on a full, not cut license
And you still have doubts?
I can give a bunch of examples when the license is full of glitches and bugs.
One Ubisoft (a) is enough in my opinion.

O
Old_Nick 13.12.21

Nobody argues that the repack can be "no worse than the original".
BUT: conditional repack = compressed content. It will be "no worse" as long as it works "as a whole."
As soon as an official patch designed for other content is put, this "integrity" (yes, even if the author has straight hands and he checked and rechecked everything) is violated! Hence the guarantee of bugs, namely - during updates.
Leaving aside the moral (although I am all for the purchase), purely from a technical point of view:
1. Uncompressed licenses are certainly better than any repack. And if there is no protection, there is nothing to talk about
2. If it is not possible to use the "official" - do not put the office. patches for repacks! "Repack" after each patch, you need to download a completely new one - by a verified author who has already integrated the new content into, again, the "unified environment" of the repack.

Vyacheslav Butusov "... long gone are the days when something was recoded, cut videos, etc., now they just delete unnecessary languages, yes multiplayer, ..."
I beg you!
W3 official: installer + language pack + DLC + p.1.08 = ~ 30 gigs, (without any "bonuses" and "arts"!)
Repak Khataba (one of the most adequate): languages ​​are not cut out ("Changing the game language and voice acting in any combination "), all DLC, p. 1.08 = 21 GB
There is no multiplayer in the game. How did
you save 8-9 gigs?
That's right - by packaging resources. And the higher the compression ratio, the higher the probability of errors.

M
Metalist1925 13.12.21

friezes remained ...