3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Soomochka 13.12.21 01:07 am

Glitches with shadows in the Witcher 3. (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Here's a look at the video, what glitches I have in the witcher with shadows on any graphics settings. Previously, there was no such thing, what to do, it enrages ... (((
18 Comments
Sort by:
A
Alexander Shimanski 13.12.21

I also have this, rolling back patches or drivers does not help in any way (

P
PLKich 13.12.21

Do not mind it. Consider this "The Lord illuminates your path" :)))

B
Bupycop 13.12.21

Soomochka
As far as I know, this glitch is only in this place ...

s
st029 13.12.21

HappQ
So that's the Eternal Fire ..

W
Warsnake 13.12.21

Bupycop
Not only. On the Oxenfurt bridge and a few smaller places in Novigrad. Not so much, but the most noticeable on the bridge ...

S
Soomochka 13.12.21

Yes, it seems to me that this crap is everywhere a pancake. And the main thing is that no configs change anything, in the whole game, in my opinion, there is such cotton wool.

O
Olmer159 13.12.21

I hope the same thing will be corrected with the nearest update

G
Grandfather MastDai 13.12.21

Soomochka
Strange, I don't have that, everything is fine with the shadows. But there was a similar problem in another game on the old video, it was solved by switching from HBAO + to SSAO.

S
Soomochka 13.12.21

ZorbaBudda
Please fill in the video at the same place.

G

Soomochka
I admit a mistake, I overlooked it. Now I looked, in this particular place the same crap, I never noticed it before. There is no point in uploading videos.

B
Bupycop 13.12.21

Warsnake
So the video is the Oxenfurt Bridge ...

A
Alexander Shimanski 13.12.21

Maybe someone passed this moment at night and did not notice, but in general such garbage is everywhere if you look closely, then the shadows become lighter when Geralt approaches.

G

Soomochka
Found a solution to this problem with shadows:
Spoiler the user.settings file by setting the following parameter values:

CascadeShadowDistanceScale0 = 16
CascadeShadowDistanceScale1 = 4
CascadeShadowDistanceScale2 = 4
CascadeShadowDistanceScale3 = 4
CascadeShadowDistanceScale3 = 4 CascadeShadowDistanceScale3 = 4 CascadeShadowDistanceScale3 = 4 CascadeShadowDistanceScale3 = 4 CascadeShadowDistanceScale3 = 4

All these values ​​were lower depending on the quality of the shadows in the game menu.

Affect the drawing distance of various shadows of exteriors and interiors.
The fact that I set it to 16 just changes the category of shadows in which this shadow falls on the Oxenfurt bridge.
By increasing this value, the rendering of the shadows goes out of sight, BUT ...
Increasing the distance for drawing shadows, their overall quality decreases, to avoid this, you also have to increase the Size of the shadow map:

CascadeShadowmapSize = 8192 (was 3072) - and this parameter greatly affects the FPS.

Therefore, this solution is suitable only for powerful machines.

Before changing the values ​​in user.settings, it is advisable to create a backup copy of the file.

PS. I did not set the "Read-only" attribute, if after the changes the settings are not changed in the game, then the values ​​are not dropped.
I will not upload video, because the Internet is mobile.

W
Warsnake 13.12.21

ZorbaBudda
Interestingly, what values ​​in this file were on patch 1.06, on which there was no such glitch and everything worked almost perfectly, in terms of lighting?

G

Result

G

Warsnake
I do not know anything about this, neither about the fact that it was not in version 1.06, nor about whether these values ​​changed depending on the patch. Perhaps developed and modified for the sake of optimization.

W
Warsnake 13.12.21

ZorbaBudda
"Changed for the sake of optimization" - nothing like that, the game works no better and no worse than 1.06, but these glitches with shadows appeared on the Oxenfurt bridge and here and there in Novigrad ...

G

Warsnake
First, in this thread above, the person already wrote that rolling back patches does not help solve the problem. So it's not about the patch.
Secondly, after the last patch, the game settings were reset to default, what would it be for? Maybe the problem is in the configuration file? And thirdly, I did not claim that after the patch the game began to work better or worse. I just said that the developers were doing something to increase the performance of the game, there was information about this in the description of the patch, but how well it turned out is another question. Someone had a slightly increased FPS, someone, on the contrary, had lags. You can read about this in the relevant topics.