3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Siromanto 13.12.21 02:11 am

Explosion of naphtha towers - where is the logic? (Mad Max)

Here I ride in the wasteland, smash bases, blow up oil rigs and platforms. And I ask myself one question - in a world where there is nothing left, in a world where the most valuable things are water and gasoline, do we drive and sabotage oil production? Isn't it more logical to seize the base and the allies start producing oil, start trading and become stronger?
I alone do not see logic and have been developed a bit tupanuli, or will I start to spoil water supplies further in the story?
13 Comments
Sort by:
B
Ben121212 13.12.21

Siromanto
All oil production goes for Chlem (of course an ingenious translation .......), and according to the Ikhny logic, it is necessary to blow them up, harm him, weaken his economy / fuel, but if they are captured, then, again, according to the Ikhny logic, or the Chlem will take them back, they simply cannot protect / there are no people to post there, or they don’t think about it, and so on.

N
NorthernSky 13.12.21

In this idiotic dull game with logic, it is somehow not very good at all.

q
qslim27 13.12.21

deer oil rigs

S
Sakvo 13.12.21

I also thought about it, it is extremely not logical))

I
Ivan-jon 13.12.21

Siromanto
This is normal, as Ben121212 wrote, this is due to the fact that the towers will be taken back, but there are no people to defend (you saw how many cars arrived just to burn down the tinsmith's house). In the game, they repeatedly hint at this: they say that it is necessary to destroy so that Chlem does not need to return, it follows from some dialogues.

z
zoomukc 13.12.21

Ivan-jon
Logical.

U
UA_JUK 13.12.21

In this game, a lot of things are not logical) For example, the fact that the locals live on the sand and it is not clear what they eat. But this is the cost of the plot insanity of Max's universe) From a small one only a shotgun and a sniper rifle. no pistols or other rifles. Although they were in the film. But the game came out better than the film, and if you don’t think about the paradoxes, it’s generally atmospheric and addictive.

i
ilya_postal 13.12.21

And also a task where the accumulations of corpses need to be found. There, any Max will look at the base and there is no need to look for anything in essence.

t
tugoff 13.12.21

It's simpler: Max, he's insane. And you are looking for logic))

G
Grok tang 13.12.21

Ben121212
"Ingenious translation ..." - better as in the original - Lord Scrotum? :)

B
Ben121212 13.12.21

Grok Tang
Always better as in the original)
A striking example of a movie Big jackpot, the usual translation is a yog-film, a translation from Goblin (which just translated correctly, everything is as in the original) and this is the movie "Spiådili" and this is a vigorous crime comedy ...

G
Grok tang 13.12.21

Ben121212
In this case, the complexity of translation was also in the fact that the original "Scrotum", in addition to denoting a part of the male genitals, sounds almost like the name of some Roman military leader (Latinism). "Scrotum" in Russian performs the first function, and the second ... well, Lord Scrotum is never solid. And lord "Member" the Russian overhead brains were afraid, and made a mistrust of "Chlem" - something that does not translate either the main meaning or the additional one. By the way, they could have come up with something like Chlenus :))) As always, in short.
I agree 100% - the original is always better, so personally I generally try to watch and play everything without translation. True, for the Polish voice acting of the Witchers, I still had to take Russian subtitles. Which is what I wish for everyone.

B
Ben121212 13.12.21

Grok Tang
) I agree, but still I speak Russian best of all, although I am angry at incorrect translations, I will not refuse Russian voice acting in games, although not everywhere, but it is now rare.