3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
Vilte 13.12.21 02:11 am

Effectiveness of magic (Might and Magic: Heroes 6)

I am going through the Necropolis campaign for Anastasia, now on the 3rd map. And as I progressed, I began to notice that from level to level, the effectiveness of magic does not increase, and sometimes even falls. Can't figure out what the power of spells depends on? I read the manual for the game, but I could not find the answers to the question.
On the 3rd company card, Caspar of 18 level is connected to Anastasia (I have 16 level). And the difference in the power of magic they have is colossal, although my Anastasia is steeper in all characteristics, just 2 levels lower.
For example, the characteristics of the heroes:
Anastasia Kaspar
physical strength 18 6
physical defense 14 15
magic power 30 13
magic defense 22 13
strength 16 12
mana 380 260
luck 17 5

Anastasia's magical power is 30 versus Caspar's 13, but her spells are weaker than
Anastasia Kaspar's
Weakening 33% 54%
Agony 182 units 331 units of
invoking darkness 8 units 15 units
despair 17 units 28 units

Why is this so? Help understand the mechanisms of the game.
17 Comments
Sort by:
n
nestrbob 13.12.21

Vilte
Each spell belongs to one of the branches of magic, for example, "lightning" is an air magic spell, and if you do not pump this branch, the spell will be weak, etc.

V
Vilte 13.12.21

nestrbob
All of the above spells are Dark spells. And that Anastasia, that Kaspar has her Darkness pumped up to level 3. Including this is not the reason. I also distributed skill points to Kaspar, because he appeared with 18 skill points unallocated. The skills of both heroes are distributed almost equally.

n
nestrbob 13.12.21

Vilte
The GG has a basic specification of a warrior or a mage, and a primary special talent - this also affects the power of spells.

V
Vilte 13.12.21

nestrbob
Both heroes are originally magicians, both are Reposers. The skills of the Path are the same, the levels of necromancy are the same (3).
They differ only in specialization. Anastasia is the Lord of ghouls (+2 units of movement range for ghouls), and Kaspar has a Master of Restoration (without studying, he has the Restoration spell increased by 10%).
But this difference cannot affect the power of spells that much.

n
nestrbob 13.12.21

Vilte
Means look at the branches of pumping skills and magic. It's not enough just to pump the desired school of magic, you also need to pump the amplification for the spell itself. You have a 2-fold difference in the power of summoning magic in your GG, which means that the summoning branches are pumped in different ways.

V
Vilte 13.12.21

nestrbob
Of all Anastasia's physical skills, only the battle cry is pumped - to push the enemy, while Kaspar has the same battle cry and also Protector 1 (+2 units of protection) and Aggressor 1 (+1 units of strength)
From Earth Magic, both have a spell Recovery. Anastasia has all the Darkness except for the General Agony, and Kaspar has all the Darkness except for the General Vampirism. One skill is underdeveloped, and the rest is everything: both enhancements and all spells. The branches of other magic are empty (not pumped at all).
As you can see, their skills are almost identical, with the exception of one spell from Darkness and a couple of physical skills. I don't know where this difference in spell power comes from.

I also want to add that Kaspar does not have any artifacts that enhance the call or other magic
"then the call branches are pumped in different ways" - and what kind of call branches? Necromancers do not seem to have separate branches for pumping summons. Yes, I have never seen these in other races.

N
Nikolay Shimarov 13.12.21

I had almost the same situation, though later I realized that it was due to artifacts. I wondered why not all artifacts were transferred to the next mission

V
Vilte 13.12.21

Nikolay Shimarov
Well, I noticed that not all artifacts are transferred, and I am fine with this. In Heroes 4 and 5, in general, all artifacts disappeared during the transition to the next mission, but here there are artifacts from the sets. But my problem is definitely not artifacts. I compare the characteristics of the heroes in the same mission, not before and after the transition. There is almost no difference between the heroes, and the power of spells is almost 2 times different.

N

Vilte
can be a bug that the developers have hammered into. I myself passed the current for Anastasia yesterday, and what surprises me at 6 is that there are units in the company that breed like rabbits

V
Vilte 13.12.21

Nikolay Shimarov
There may be a bug or a feature, but most likely there is an explanation for this. Just to understand the reasons, you need to be very well versed in the intricacies of the game device. At least I see no usual reason for this difference in strength. Was it interesting to anyone the same way, or just no one noticed?
Of course, this does not interfere with passing the company, but it is a little annoying that my Anastasia is such a sucker, although it would seem that in all characteristics it should be even cooler than Kaspar ((

N

Vilte
if the dynasty rummages around there are more abruptly heroes

n
nestrbob 13.12.21

Vilte
And how are the branches of Tears and Blood pumped over at your GGs ?

V
Vilte 13.12.21

nestrbob
Kaspar generally has a hidden Tears / Blood pumping scale, but on the skill tab in the Path's Skills are absolutely the same skills as Anastasia's: Grace of Askha and No rest for the wicked (Tears). Anastasia has the same thing, only you can still see the pumping scale.
And there is no difference.

n
nestrbob 13.12.21

Vilte
Can you really have some kind of glitch in the game? There are no other options.

V
Vilte 13.12.21

nestrbob
Well, I have a licensed game and I started a company with Anastasia 2 times, tk. the first time she did not pump it very well and in the second mission it was impossible to win. So both times I noticed that something strange was happening with the effectiveness of spells.

n
nestrbob 13.12.21

Vilte
I played the game several times and did not notice any problems. I played the pirate.

V
Vilte 13.12.21

I played around today with the change of artifacts. If with the help of them you increase Kaspar's magical power by 4 units, then the power of his spells immediately increases. For example, the attenuation rises from 54% to 58%. But if Anastasia increases her mag. Power by 7! units Nothing happens! Neither decreasing nor increasing her magical power in any way affects spell power. Including it looks like it's really a glitch, just what should I do with it now? I already started the company 2 times and it seemed both times it was such nonsense.
I suspect that in some mission I reached the maximum in mag.power and it stopped increasing, and with the transition to another mission it did not break. Although it shows 30 points of mag.power, it may actually be considered as a unit of 7. (