3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Art0011 16.12.21 10:32 pm

Choosing a monitor setup for my son

Rebta, hello, tell me. I am assembling an inrovo computer for a child of 9 years old. I can not decide on the monitor.
1. Option - one ultra-wide monitor. The problem is that a very good monitor will be very expensive. I don’t understand if this is needed (very good ...)
2. Option - two or three monitors, one next to the other. How convenient and practical is this setup? Is it comfortable to play?
3. Option - two monitors side by side and one on top. I have seen such an organization, but I do not understand how it is in practice.
I would appreciate your advice.
Thanks in advance.
6 Comments
Sort by:
N
No_time_for_gaming 16.12.21

Why cripple your child at such an early date
sorry for offtopic

P
Protocol10 16.12.21

Art0011 A
regular 27-inch 16: 9 full HD or 2K monica with VA or IPS matrix and a normal stand with height adjustment is more than enough for a child for games. And in general, it is better not to play at all, but to lean on studies, sports, communication with peers, etc. ... Most games are 18+.

M
MunchkiN 616 16.12.21

My Peka's opinion is that the multi-monitor configuration is generally nonsense due to the fact that the monitors have edges, and in the case of a 2-monitor configuration, the joint right in the middle will be in other cases, there may be problems with the full-screen mode. what the monitor will do from above, I can’t imagine its resolution should be a multiple of the resolution of 2 monitors;
secondly, 2 or 3 good monitors will be expensive and there will be a good video card to pull this whole economy even if it’s full cd.
therefore, if I needed an ultra-wide monitor, I would take something in the region of 40-90tr, where the main criterion is the required width for the ratio of size to size and viewing angles. taking into account the fact that this whole business will need a good pitch, and for main monitors such as rightly high hertzovka except for ips, but they are quite expensive.
but finally it seems to me quite old because the standard of monitors is now like that of TVs and it is unlikely that it will change in the near future, therefore, the game interfaces will be primarily according to the standard aspect ratio of TVs for about 5 years. so here it is probably worth deciding what tasks from such a screen configuration for games and for which games. but this is my Peka opinion.
so having a glimpse of the monitors, I would roll my lip on the ASUS ROG STRIX XG49VQ because a 10-bit matrix is ​​declared or on the Dell U3821DW, but there is no CDR, it's not like a good wooden piano. but it would be realistic that it would be like Samsung C34H890WGI to LG 34GN850-B and would curse the fate of pitch. but it is worth studying this question better.

G
Grandshot 16.12.21

One monitor will be enough for a child, 24 '- 27' inches. 1440p resolution with 144hz scan. Not curved. Matrix VA or IPS. It is better to choose the best one that your budget allows. And don't bother.

r
requiemmm 16.12.21

And what for in general two or more monitors, if the field of view at a distance of a meter to the screen of a person has 17 inches? Turn your head while you are being raped in multiplayer?) Or keep Google with guides and YouTube as the second window? Well, okay, in simulators, people display radar or additional software, planners and maps, but a child, 9 years old ... two or three monitors for fortnight, pillboxes and minecraft are stupidly thrown money.

A
ArXangel_ann 16.12.21

Hmm ... it seems to me that dad collects a computer for himself, under the guise of a child)))))) his wife will cut it in half, right? XD