3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
4udnoy4 16.12.21 10:43 pm

Strange performance drop

So look, I
'm using a laptop, here are the characteristics: i5-8300H
gtx 1060 6gb
RAM 8 gb 1x8
Win 10
I have been using it for two years, I have recently noticed a drop in performance, the FPS has become less than usual, I checked for viruses, it turned out that I deleted the miners, then I also downloaded a torrent file of two old games, and in short I go into one of them, I am glad that the ultras have a smooth, beautiful picture and everything is cool, the next day I also go in and observe the opposite picture, everything lags frames to break, although the FPS is high.
I think that viruses are again doing checks, I find I kill, I delete games. Then I go to my beloved Valorant and surprisingly the picture is the same, the game is unplayable without vertical synchronization, in places where FPS falls from 120 to 90, the value of 90 feels like 45 or 30, and this is now happening in all games, just as if for the night while the computer was turned off something clicked and it became different. I mean, I do a system restore without deleting personal files, hoping that it will help me, but nothing has changed, I tried different versions of drivers, nothing helps. Previously, everything went smoothly and the picture did not tear, I played all games without vertical sync. Even old games now give the same result and even the most not demanding ones, for example, in ks it used to be 300, and now 30-70, frames are torn and everything lags. The GPU is on all applications from NVIDIA, discrete is not used in them, in tests I noticed that the GPU is loaded to a maximum of 44% and the CPU is up to 90%. PLEASE HELP PLEASE YOU I CAN'T ANYWHERE MY NERVE CELLS ARE ALMOST RUNNING OUT.
5 Comments
Sort by:
P
Pavel rally 16.12.21

4udnoy4
Don't have an antivirus? I have a free one. The easiest way is to cleanly reinstall Windows.

K
KIBERMAX 16.12.21

4udnoy4
Yes, the easiest way to reinstall Windows cleanly, to demolish everything if you don’t feel sorry for the data, although you can leave the important thing, or upload it to the cloud.
Yes, and 8 gigs at the present time, as that is not enough, you need at least 12 or even better 16 gigs of operatives by adding another bar, with the same frequency.
Oh yes, if you fumble how, clean the entire system unit, replace it with a new thermal paste, and, if possible, see it, well, for example, on Arctic Cooling MX-4

4udnoy4 12.09.22

Thank you cybermax
. It’s just that everything worked fine before, and it’s strange that one day everything changed so dramatically, and data recovery didn’t help, but I’ll try to completely delete the data during recovery, only I’ll find where to throw off the important

M
Max P 12.09.22

KIBERMAX
This is a laptop.

M
Max P 12.09.22

4udnoy4
8 GB of RAM in single-channel mode, what kind of performance can we talk about!